Petition to immediately replace OG/KW with Omar or D.Martinez/Hahn

caulfield12

what kills me is that the starting pitching is so damn solid. IMO it can compete with anyone. The offensive ineptitude is mind-blowing and staggering. Ozzie is the only manager I've ever heard say something like "shuffling the lineup makes people think you're panicking and losing confidence." I can't think of another manager who wouldn't do everything in their power to spark a lineup. I would agree with Ozzie if this were April or even mid-May, but good lord...he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
Glad you recognize this.

This indeed will happen and he'll win more WS the rest of his career than we will in the same span. And he'll have way more playoff appearances. Why? This is Chicago baseball. It was a miracle he and the Sox won the WS, a miracle that I'll take, obviously.

Greg = Dan Gilbert?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 07:35 PM)
what kills me is that the starting pitching is so damn solid. IMO it can compete with anyone. The offensive ineptitude is mind-blowing and staggering. Ozzie is the only manager I've ever heard say something like "shuffling the lineup makes people think you're panicking and losing confidence." I can't think of another manager who wouldn't do everything in their power to spark a lineup. I would agree with Ozzie if this were April or even mid-May, but good lord...he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Excellent post IMO.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
Where's the petition to immediately replace this boards current consciousness?

In your basement. Go down there and look for it. Don't come back here until you find it. :P

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 08:49 AM)
Just like how if the Sox lose, I hope Pierre goes 0-5, I'm of the opinion that if the Sox aren't going to make the playoffs, I'd rather they win 65 games and get a top 3 pick and get Ozzie out of here.

Would you really trust this organization with a top 3 pick?

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 01:31 AM)
Would you really trust this organization with a top 3 pick?

Cause top 3 picks are guaranteed to be successful? Nearly every year a team screws up a top 3 pick, it's baseball, that's how prospecting works

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
And I also gave a reason. You think Chicago baseball has a history of excellence? Ozzie is the guy who brought us a title. Those who think the Sox won in spite of him are nuts.

Where did I say chicago has a history of baseball excellence? You didnt give a reason, you gave a s***ty prediction, like you always do.

Ozzie didnt bring us the title, he didnt play the games. Hell, even Ozzie himself will tell you that the PLAYERS win the games, not the manager. I never said anything about the players winning in spite of him either.

You read way too much into everything and create arguments and conversations out of thin air.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 07:54 AM)
Where did I say chicago has a history of baseball excellence? You didnt give a reason, you gave a s***ty prediction, like you always do.

Ozzie didnt bring us the title, he didnt play the games. Hell, even Ozzie himself will tell you that the PLAYERS win the games, not the manager. I never said anything about the players winning in spite of him either.

You read way too much into everything and create arguments and conversations out of thin air.

That is the great part of just making stuff up. You are never wrong.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 08:25 AM)
It's amazing how we looked like a team that would become a dynasty after 2005 and 2006 to a team that looks to quickly become a cellar dweller in the division.

And after surviving 2008's near collapse to win the division, it looked like the future might be somewhat promising still, but the collpases only got worse

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 05:49 PM)
Honestly, I would like to see Kenny without Ozzie. I don't know what it would take though. They've severely underachieved since the World Series. We've switched over our roster enough times to where it can't be blamed on the roster any longer.

I feel this way, but I also wouldn't mind or care if both were sent packing.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 08:25 AM)
It's amazing how we looked like a team that would become a dynasty after 2005 and 2006 to a team that looks to quickly become a cellar dweller in the division.

Yes! And this is where 95% of my rage comes from. The opportunity was there to literally take over this city. I don't know what the f*** happened between the all-star break of '06 and now.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 11:35 AM)
I feel this way, but I also wouldn't mind or care if both were sent packing.

Well my whole stance is somewhat similar. To me, if the only way to get rid of Oz is by also letting go of Trader Ken, then he'll have to be the sacrificial lamb. Even though I love Kenny, this combo is not working. And you can see Ozzie no longer enjoys the day to day job anymore with the White Sox. You know KW is pissed at us underachieving.

I'd like to see the whole staff go minus Don.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)
Right, so why even feel the need to pay some lip service to the media. He's here and we all know why.

I love Oz, but it's time.

I do too, and I agree.

Is it just me or does Oz seem totally spent? Like he needs a new start--somewhere else? I will always thank him for 2005 but things since then have just been lame.

He seems out of answers, and that's not a good sign. I think we need a reboot.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
What are the chances that Ozzie takes parting shots at the Sox when he eventually goes?

I'd put it around 80%.

Ozzie won't. He'll say great things about JR and that'll be it... he'll leave it to Oney and Jr to throw that stuff around, and then be hired by another franchise swiftly.