Petition to immediately replace OG/KW with Omar or D.Martinez/Hahn

caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
Why's LoMo in hot water? He'd be an amazing addition to the team, but I just can't picture Florida doing it. If anything, they're going to start trading off veterans and build around Stanton and Morrison.

They've got a disgusting young core in Stanton, Morrison, Sanchez, Hanley, JJ, Nolasco and Sanchez (Anibal). They still need a few more pieces. But they're fine.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:09 AM)
Morrison is hot in the water? Have I missed something? And the Marlins are not in utter collapse. They've been without arguably the best pitcher in baseball for a while now and he won't be back until mid-July at the earliest. Hanley just got back from the DL. That team is pretty good when all their components are in place. Manager likely to be fired? Has he been there a full year yet?

And Hanley has had a Dunn-esque year so far.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:11 AM)
They've got a disgusting young core in Stanton, Morrison, Sanchez, Hanley, JJ, Nolasco and Sanchez (Anibal). They still need a few more pieces. But they're fine.

Morrison, drafted in the 22nd round, grrrrrr....

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 05:11 PM)

I would be surprised if they don't trade Nolasco soon. Sucks for them that Volstad appears to be a bust.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:10 AM)
He's almost definitely not going to be back next year. I honestly think Ozzie will be their 2012 manager, and he'll do very well there.

They can have him. And I'm sure he'll push for management to sign JP when he hits FA. Poor Marlins fans. All 27 of them.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 09:57 AM)
Same here, which is why I know they'll finish around .500. We'll hear things in the offseason like this:

"Even with the slow start, they still managed to finish the season with a respectable record. A lot of that has to do with the team having to gel after bringing in a few new faces. I think Ozzie deserves a chance to see what this team can do when it's completely gelled for 162 games."

But we're really beyond even having to pretend to make logical or rational solutions to explain why the guy is still here, aren't we? I mean, the guy called a reporter a f**, his son trashes the organization via twitter, he insults the fans, his teams are not beating their main rival EVER...I mean, we're past the point of explaining why he still has a job...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)
But we're really beyond even having to pretend to make logical or rational solutions to explain why the guy is still here, aren't we? I mean, the guy called a reporter a f**, his son trashes the organization via twitter, he insults the fans, his teams are not beating their main rival EVER...I mean, we're past the point of explaining why he still has a job...

Loyalty to a fault.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:12 AM)
And Hanley has had a Dunn-esque year so far.

I have him in multiple fantasy leagues. Believe me, I know. He's arguably the most 'talented' player in baseball. Dunn makes a tad bit of sense. New league. Definitely overweight. I wonder if Hanley is hurt.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:15 AM)
I have him in multiple fantasy leagues. Believe me, I know. He's arguably the most 'talented' player in baseball. Dunn makes a tad bit of sense. New league. Definitely overweight. I wonder if Hanley is hurt.

yeah I traded Buster Posey for him a few weeks before Posey got hurt.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)
Right, so why even feel the need to pay some lip service to the media. He's here and we all know why.

I love Oz, but it's time.

Yea, he's a guy that needs to rotate around clubs every 5 years or so, his antics get old and I think his message he sends to his players get tiresome and forgotten by then.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:09 AM)
Morrison is hot in the water? Have I missed something? And the Marlins are not in utter collapse. They've been without arguably the best pitcher in baseball for a while now and he won't be back until mid-July at the earliest. Hanley just got back from the DL. That team is pretty good when all their components are in place. Manager likely to be fired? Has he been there a full year yet?

The Marlins are 1-14 in their last 15 games and are now in last place. That's utter collapse. Not saying they won't rebound, but that's as bad of a 15-game stretch as you can get. Morrison is in trouble for a topic near and dear to Sox fans' hears, tweeting. He made comments about the team firing its hitting coach that didn't sit well with ownership (the same ownership that for some reason wants Ozzie, who is constantly going off at the mouth).

Enough to get traded? Probably not. But that was a sidetrack. The main point of this thread is Kenny/Ozzie vs. Hahn/Martinez.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)

Haha, this post made me grit my teeth. I honestly can't wait until he's out of here. It will be a great day.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)
Haha, this post made me grit my teeth. I honestly can't wait until he's out of here. It will be a great day.

And yet the worst thing he's done, IMO, is air some dirty laundry about Jenks. It's one thing to criticize on the field performance, but off the field stuff needs to be kept quiet by the organization.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)
And yet the worst thing he's done, IMO, is air some dirty laundry about Jenks. It's one thing to criticize on the field performance, but off the field stuff needs to be kept quiet by the organization.

Reminds me when KW let the entire world know that Jerry loaned Frank money on occasion.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 06:59 AM)
Didn't read the post. Didn't care to. Firing Ozzie Guillen isn't going to win a division; nor is firing Kenny Williams.

Can we put an end to these threads for a while? I know people want Ozzie fired, but not right now; that's an end of the season thing; an end of the regime thing. Honestly, even if you put "Discuss" at the beginning of it, and then quote an article - you are the dumbass that decided to quote the article.

If the White Sox don't win the division this year, all of those in favor of a new manager will get one; all of those in favor of a new GM will get one. f***, just wait. f***ing NHL just ended. s***.

GM I agree with. Firing a stupid ass manager mid season could actually spark a team.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:39 AM)
Seeing that Moneyball trailer makes me want Martinez even more...

Oh, just do it, JR...

Joe Maddon's Right Hand Man

I'm fine with any manager that does more than go with his gut when making decisions in-game.

If he's a good clubhouse manager, then that's just some icing on the cake.

JR has made this bed.

For me, in a nutshell, I still like KW, but he's a streak hitter who's in a slump. Some of that slump is at least partly due to Ozzie, and his too-powerful position in the org. - Kotsay over Thome, Swisher 2 due to clubhouse chemistry, Pierre acquisition, etc. Overall, I still think he's pretty good. The Lexi and Tank acquisitions are not small potatoes, and they reflect savvy scouting of Int'l FA's. BoSox spent $100M on smoke-and-mirrors Matsuzaka, Chapman cost the Reds a fortune they don't have.

Ozzie is also a mixed bag. I generally like the way he handles starting pitchers, bullpen and clubhouse. Absolutely despise his run-scoring philosophies. I'd like to see KW operate the franchise without the burden of the latter, no matter who the manager is.

Frankly, I don't get the Rick Hahn love. Seems like backup-QB syndrome to me.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 05:10 PM)
He's almost definitely not going to be back next year. I honestly think Ozzie will be their 2012 manager, and he'll do very well there.

Glad you recognize this.

This indeed will happen and he'll win more WS the rest of his career than we will in the same span. And he'll have way more playoff appearances. Why? This is Chicago baseball. It was a miracle he and the Sox won the WS, a miracle that I'll take, obviously.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
Glad you recognize this.

This indeed will happen and he'll win more WS the rest of his career than we will in the same span. And he'll have way more playoff appearances. Why? This is Chicago baseball. It was a miracle he and the Sox won the WS, a miracle that I'll take, obviously.

greg775 has spoken

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)
greg775 has spoken

And I also gave a reason. You think Chicago baseball has a history of excellence? Ozzie is the guy who brought us a title. Those who think the Sox won in spite of him are nuts.