Petition to immediately replace OG/KW with Omar or D.Martinez/Hahn

caulfield12

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
That's what the Stanton thing was- a rumor. However, I'm pretty sure Logan Morrison was a possibly.

Depends on how you define possiblity. The Marlins asked about Ozzie, the Sox said Morrison was the price, the Marlins politely declined.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
Ozzie won't. He'll say great things about JR and that'll be it... he'll leave it to Oney and Jr to throw that stuff around, and then be hired by another franchise swiftly.

That's what Oney's for. He lets Ozzie get things out there while keeping his hands clean.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 01:11 PM)
Depends on how you define possiblity. The Marlins asked about Ozzie, the Sox said Morrison was the price, the Marlins politely declined.

And of course, I meant POSSIBILITY, not POSSIBLY.

Yeah, it could be looked at in both ways. If KW knows he's going to get canned or if Ozzie's got to go, get something for him. I saw it in another thread-- if it means getting 2 or 3 young arms from Florida, do it.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 07:59 AM)
Didn't read the post. Didn't care to. Firing Ozzie Guillen isn't going to win a division; nor is firing Kenny Williams.

Can we put an end to these threads for a while? I know people want Ozzie fired, but not right now; that's an end of the season thing; an end of the regime thing. Honestly, even if you put "Discuss" at the beginning of it, and then quote an article - you are the dumbass that decided to quote the article.

If the White Sox don't win the division this year, all of those in favor of a new manager will get one; all of those in favor of a new GM will get one. f***, just wait. f***ing NHL just ended. s***.

I agree this is a dumb thread, really

I agree completely with J4L. We had a great chance to take over the city but I think we still do. The cubs are going backwards in every facet imaginable. There's still plenty of time.

I can't figure out this offense one bit, like there's some disease lingering where the bats are kept. Why can a Twins team full of minor leaguers knock our pitching around while we can't touch Pavano or Blackburn? Those kids must have been sitting fastball the entire game and it worked. Why can't we command pitch counts? I hate every AB I watch almost. And AJ is one of the worst baseball players on the planet and he bats in the wrong spot; he almost always kills any work the heart of the order has done.

It's all about our hitting the last few years. That's it IMO. We flat out can't hit. We can always pitch and we can hit every once in a while, but we can't hit overall. Walker's head on a pike by sundown or im outa here.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 05:10 PM)
I agree completely with J4L. We had a great chance to take over the city but I think we still do. The cubs are going backwards in every facet imaginable. There's still plenty of time.

I can't figure out this offense one bit, like there's some disease lingering where the bats are kept. Why can a Twins team full of minor leaguers knock our pitching around while we can't touch Pavano or Blackburn? Those kids must have been sitting fastball the entire game and it worked. Why can't we command pitch counts? I hate every AB I watch almost. And AJ is one of the worst baseball players on the planet and he bats in the wrong spot; he almost always kills any work the heart of the order has done.

It's all about our hitting the last few years. That's it IMO. We flat out can't hit. We can always pitch and we can hit every once in a while, but we can't hit overall. Walker's head on a pike by sundown or im outa here.

They didnt even really knock around the pitching. They scored 5 runs in 2 games against the Sox starters. The Sox scored 1 run.

The Twins had five runs in two games. That isn't exactly "knocking around" a pitching staff.

I think J4L meant the Sox had a chance to take over the city, not just the baseball parts of the city. They had a chance to become the talk of the town and the main draw. Instead, the Blackhawks have done so. Had KW not made dumb trades (and with some luck), that 2005 team looked like it could win 2 more after '05.

Same here, which is why I know they'll finish around .500. We'll hear things in the offseason like this:

"Even with the slow start, they still managed to finish the season with a respectable record. A lot of that has to do with the team having to gel after bringing in a few new faces. I think Ozzie deserves a chance to see what this team can do when it's completely gelled for 162 games."

Exquisite post.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 05:31 PM)
The Twins had five runs in two games. That isn't exactly "knocking around" a pitching staff.

Ah let me rephrase. Why was a Twins team full of minor leaguers able to scratch out enough hits to win but we can't? Would Blackburn shut them down? I just doubt it. I'm so sick of being the definition of Streaky.

Sadly, from what I've heard through an inside source, Jerry Reinsdorf is going to have to make changes. Otherwise, nothing will happen. You may scoff, but this is concrete info.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
Ah let me rephrase. Why was a Twins team full of minor leaguers able to scratch out enough hits to win but we can't? Would Blackburn shut them down? I just doubt it. I'm so sick of being the definition of Streaky.

It hasn't been about scratching out hits. This is the third time they have won 1-0 with a solo homer (twice against the Sox). It's like they are beating us playing White Sox type of baseball.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
Sadly, from what I've heard through an inside source, Jerry Reinsdorf is going to have to make changes. Otherwise, nothing will happen. You may scoff, but this is concrete info.

Nothing will happen regarding what exactly? I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
Nothing will happen regarding what exactly? I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here.

Yeah. That was a very contradicting post.

"JR will do something otherwise nothing will happen"

Edited by BigSqwert