Who are your favourite non-Sox players?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
I was actually a huge fan until he started making $17-19 million a year. Dude gets paid like Roy Halladay.

I don't take a players contract into if I like the guy or not. Unless he happens to be on the White Sox and is named Alex Rios or Mark Teahen.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 05:28 PM)
Or Adam Dunn or Jake Peavy or Juan Pierre or A.J. (next year).

I'm not all that upset about Dunn or Peavy. Peavy has just been unlucky as a White Sox player with the injuries and I'm still clinging to the hope that Dunn will snap out of it. Juan Pierre just sucks and should be collecting his paychecks on his couch, but at least that's over after this year. A.J. also isn't so hot but we don't have a viable replacement and he is playing well at the moment, obviously overpaid though.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 06:46 PM)
Despite being an old timer now, I have always been a fan of Chipper. Dude can straight up hit.

Besides him, Longoria, Tulo, Zimmerman (when he is healthy), HanRam and also used to really like Billy Wagner.

Other than you know who, I've never seen a better closer in my time as a fan. Truly one of the most underrated pitchers ever, IMO. The only reason he's still not dominating now is because he chose to walk away.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 12:38 PM)
Really?

To elaborate - I'm not absolutely certain if I am a fan of his, or if I am spiteful that he was traded when I thought it was a terrible trade. I was a fan while he was in our organization. Is that so bad?

I guess the fact that he was traded and I hated it makes me root for him even harder.

Edited by MAX

Two of the greatest to ever play the game. I consider myself privileged to have been able to watch most of their whole careers:

Albert Pujols

Mariano Rivera

I actually believe Pujols, in this day and age, has been and still is slightly underrated, because he plays in STL.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 09:05 PM)
Barry Bonds used to be my favorite player. I used to have his jerseys and all that jazz. *ducks head*

I didn't have Bonds' jersey or anything, but I used to love to watch him hit. That was a special kind of fear he instilled in pitchers when he strolled up. It was also before he turned out to be a giant d-bag. What a shame.

Now, my favorites are Vlad Guerrero, Michael Young, Jair Jurrjens, James Loney, and Ubaldo Jimenez (I was in the front row for his no-hitter last year, which was EPIC).

QUOTE (dielac @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 05:15 AM)
I actually believe Pujols, in this day and age, has been and still is slightly underrated, because he plays in STL.

Pujols, underrated? Because he plays in STL? I mean, yeah, I guess he'd be the new Babe Ruth if he played in the Bronx, but he's still going to be regarded as one of the greatest hitters of all time, and THE greatest hitter of the 2000s. And the way you mention St Louis, one would think you were talking about the Brewers or the Mariners or some other historically forgettable franchise. The Cardinals are a very storied franchise, and they've been a solid to great team through all of Pujols' tenure.

Again, if any player's not in Yankee pinstripes, he's already at a small deficit, but beyond that, I don't think Pujols is underrated at all.