Peavy is More than a Stud! He does the Impossible too!

elrockinMT

Jake pitched six innings in Charlote and K'd 9 and gave up only two hits. I cut and pasted this from the Chisox.Com article:

The right-hander, who strained his groin in his last Major League start against the Detroit Tigers on June 5, threw 78 of his 58 pitches for strikes and did not walk a batter.

I had no idea he was that good :notworthy :headbang :lol: :cheers

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 09:39 AM)
Jake pitched six innings in Charlote and K'd 9 and gave up only two hits. I cut and pasted this from the Chisox.Com article:

The right-hander, who strained his groin in his last Major League start against the Detroit Tigers on June 5, threw 78 of his 58 pitches for strikes and did not walk a batter.

I had no idea he was that good :notworthy :headbang :lol: :cheers

Peavy causes a lot of fan-bipolar syndrome. One day, you hate him cause he's hurt again. A week later, you like him because you know he's good when he's healthy and he proves it. Two weeks later, you hate him because he'll probably be hurt again. It's a never ending cycle.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
Peavy causes a lot of fan-bipolar syndrome. One day, you hate him cause he's hurt again. A week later, you like him because you know he's good when he's healthy and he proves it. Two weeks later, you hate him because he'll probably be hurt again. It's a never ending cycle.

That's actually a pretty good summary.

Obviously his performance last night was encouraging, but until he pitches for an extended period of time without any semblance of an injury I'm always going to be worried about that. That being said, if he can stay healthy I do have faith in him significantly helping this ball club.

What has his exact injury history been while with the Sox? How about since his Cy Young season?

IIRC (w/Sox):

1) Foot or ankle during the year he was acquired carrying over into 2010, something that happened while running the bases in SD(?)

2) Detached LD in 2010 carrying over into 2011.

3) Groin in 2011.

#'s 1 and 3 happen to the best of them in baseball, and if I read ptac's posts correctly, #2 was a matter of building up strength post-surgery and shouldn't be a lingering issue going forward.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 10:37 AM)
If Peavy was coaching the Heat, they would definitely have swept the Mavs.

Well he would have been a player/coach and played every minute of the game. He'd have sunk 15 of 12 3-point attempts and been fouled 42 times.