Dunn last 7 games : .158/.304/.368/.672

macsandz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 04:23 PM)
So you dont know? I figured since you thought it was ludicrous that you were an offseason training expert. I guess all his offseasons in past years were flukes.

Please. I can't even summon the words to respond to your post.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 04:25 PM)
Please. I can't even summon the words to respond to your post.

Because you have no response. You probably didnt even take the 5 seconds it takes to look up what the guy does in the offseason, which is probably more than 99 percent of the people on this board. But instead its "he sits around and eats cinnabons."

I know of several pitchers that dont pick up a ball during the offseason, and some start throwing just a few weeks before ST. Each player is different and its clear with his ridiculously consistent performance over his career that his offseason routine has been good for him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 12:53 PM)
From when, from when we never watched the guy consistently? I sat 15 feet from the field a few games ago, the guy doesnt look physically out of shape at all, nor does it look like his swing is slow. It looks like he is either cheating on a pitch, or not recognizing it quick enough. Completely 100% mental.

I agree.. Everytime ive seen him his bat speed hasnt looked slow..

I find it incredibly unlikely that a guy who has been so good, consistently, for so long, having dropped off a cliff, will not find his way back. Its just a matter of when, and damn I hope its soon. This team is a hot week away from being right at the top of the division, and having old school Dunn to go with TCQ and PK14 would go a long way towards that.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 04:32 PM)
Because you have no response. You probably didnt even take the 5 seconds it takes to look up what the guy does in the offseason, which is probably more than 99 percent of the people on this board. But instead its "he sits around and eats cinnabons."

I know of several pitchers that dont pick up a ball during the offseason, and some start throwing just a few weeks before ST. Each player is different and its clear with his ridiculously consistent performance over his career that his offseason routine has been good for him.

I forgot, you are smarter than everyone else. My bad.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
Soriano defends Adam Dunn by calling Chicago fans "The worst".

Likely source, huh? Dude has a contract that implies his OPS is going to be about 150 points higher a season with defense that doesn't look like an adventure every time the ball goes his way. So yeah, those times where he was terrible for extended periods of time, it's not surprising at all that Cubs fans were booing him

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 04:32 PM)

Buehrle was one of them until two years ago.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 01:53 PM)
From when, from when we never watched the guy consistently? I sat 15 feet from the field a few games ago, the guy doesnt look physically out of shape at all, nor does it look like his swing is slow. It looks like he is either cheating on a pitch, or not recognizing it quick enough. Completely 100% mental.

I live in Columbus, Ohio and have followed Dunn since he was with the Reds. There is no doubt this is the heaviest I have seen him. I have no problem with him not swinging a bat in the off season but it LOOKS like he did very little to keep himself in shape physically. On TV the other day they showed his monster homerun for the Nats and even in that video he looked noticeably in better shape. It's a good thing he's wearing a baggy uniform this year or we'd see how "in shape" he is. I'd be willing to bet he's not a pound under 310. I say all this and I like Dunn but the guy probably needs to adjust his off season routine as he gets older. We all tend to gain weight with age.