Dunn last 7 games : .158/.304/.368/.672

macsandz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:40 AM)
I thought that was 2001 or 2007 or 2009.

2003 was quite the fail. Carl Everett was such a monster for Texas that 1st half, we got him right before the All-Star Game and he played in front of the Comiskey faithful. That was one hell of a f***ing team that finished 2nd place.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
2003 was quite the fail. Carl Everett was such a monster for Texas that 1st half, we got him right before the All-Star Game and he played in front of the Comiskey faithful. That was one hell of a f***ing team that finished 2nd place.

Also the year of the Billy Koch experiment. Gag.

Oh, and the rotating fifth starter.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 01:44 PM)
What an ugly, gaping black f***ing hole that is in the lineup.

Dunn's treatment is the opposite of reality for us when we go to our jobs. If we go to our jobs and not produce at an acceptable rate for our pay grade we are demoted or let go. Dunn however; with his less than mediocre showing is treated like a big chubby Princess.

QUOTE (forrestg @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
Dunn's treatment is the opposite of reality for us when we go to our jobs. If we go to our jobs and not produce at an acceptable rate for our pay grade we are demoted or let go. Dunn however; with his less than mediocre showing is treated like a big chubby Princess.

Chances are though, if you were great at your job for the last eight years and all of sudden struggled for a brief part of year nine, you would, too, be given the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by maggsmaggs

I don't think ANYONE on this board or KW thought Dunn would struggle so much. He'd been on of the most consistent power bats for a decade and now this?

Hindsight is 20/20 but no one could have predicted he couldn't crack the Mendoza Line in late June, maybe a dip in average from switching leagues for the first season, and maybe only 35 bombs instead of 40+, but this kind of suckage is something no one saw...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)

But that outfield defense of Lee, Everett, and Ordonez was horrible especially with having Everett play center field. None the less I think the Sox scored more runs, gave up less, higher BA, lower ERA than Minnesota, but still ended up losing the division to them. I also want to say they had a cupcake interleague schedule and I was beyond mad about that lol.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)
But that outfield defense of Lee, Everett, and Ordonez was horrible especially with having Everett play center field. None the less I think the Sox scored more runs, gave up less, higher BA, lower ERA than Minnesota, but still ended up losing the division to them. I also want to say they had a cupcake interleague schedule and I was beyond mad about that lol.

'94, '03 and '06 are the biggest fails during my White Sox fandom. I cherish 2005. But it makes me mad when I think about all the other times we had a chance to do something special and choked on a fat one.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
I don't think ANYONE on this board or KW thought Dunn would struggle so much. He'd been on of the most consistent power bats for a decade and now this?

Hindsight is 20/20 but no one could have predicted he couldn't crack the Mendoza Line in late June, maybe a dip in average from switching leagues for the first season, and maybe only 35 bombs instead of 40+, but this kind of suckage is something no one saw...

Great point. Now lets all start ignoring it again to b**** and moan.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 04:03 AM)
Maybe the Sox will trade him for Marquez, Betemit, and Nunez!

I'm still not worried.

I wasn't worried, but halfway through the season with his current numbers coupled with his decline the second half of last season has to be a huge concern. He does lead the league in strikeouts. He's basically been Carlos Zambrano as a DH.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 07:20 AM)
I wasn't worried, but halfway through the season with his current numbers coupled with his decline the second half of last season has to be a huge concern. He does lead the league in strikeouts. He's basically been Carlos Zambrano as a DH.

Don't disrespect Zambrano like that.

I was at the game last nite in Sec 121. Watching Dunn's AB's, especially his first against Garza he looks overmatched. Im not even sure this is a mental issue anymore, I seriosuly think he is having physical trouble catching up to a 92+ MPH fastball. He looked so lost against Garza's Fastball, unable to even foul tip a straight 4 seamer. I think what DahMaNeil (Dan McNeil) has been saying for weeks now might actially be right, his traditional do nothing in the offseason but eat mentality might actually be the cause of the problems. Obviosuly, Dunn is a big boy, but he definately looks the heaviest he has ever been. To me he looks about 30-40 LBS heavier than he did when he signed with the Nats in 09 and that might be affecting his swing ability on fastballs. I would also assume at 32+ years of age you can't get by without putting in work in the offseason anymore, something has to change.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 09:37 AM)
I was at the game last nite in Sec 121. Watching Dunn's AB's, especially his first against Garza he looks overmatched. Im not even sure this is a mental issue anymore, I seriosuly think he is having physical trouble catching up to a 92+ MPH fastball. He looked so lost against Garza's Fastball, unable to even foul tip a straight 4 seamer. I think what DahMaNeil (Dan McNeil) has been saying for weeks now might actially be right, his traditional do nothing in the offseason but eat mentality might actually be the cause of the problems. Obviosuly, Dunn is a big boy, but he definately looks the heaviest he has ever been. To me he looks about 30-40 LBS heavier than he did when he signed with the Nats in 09 and that might be affecting his swing ability on fastballs. I would also assume at 32+ years of age you can't get by without putting in work in the offseason anymore, something has to change.

Come on, you think a few months of offseason would derail the most consistent power hitter in all of baseball? He doesnt look heavier than any other year, that is an extreme reach.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 12:49 PM)
Come on, you think a few months of offseason would derail the most consistent power hitter in all of baseball? He doesnt look heavier than any other year, that is an extreme reach.

I thought from the opening series in Cleveland that he looked a good 15-20 pounds heavier. That's no illusion. Many have alluded to this. I'm not saying he forgot how to hit over the offseason. But he definitely didn't spend the winter months in the gym. That much is obvious.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)
I thought from the opening series in Cleveland that he looked a good 15-20 pounds heavier. That's no illusion. Many have alluded to this. I'm not saying he forgot how to hit over the offseason. But he definitely didn't spend the winter months in the gym. That much is obvious.

From when, from when we never watched the guy consistently? I sat 15 feet from the field a few games ago, the guy doesnt look physically out of shape at all, nor does it look like his swing is slow. It looks like he is either cheating on a pitch, or not recognizing it quick enough. Completely 100% mental.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 12:53 PM)
From when, from when we never watched the guy consistently? I sat 15 feet from the field a few games ago, the guy doesnt look physically out of shape at all, nor does it look like his swing is slow. It looks like he is either cheating on a pitch, or not recognizing it quick enough. Completely 100% mental.

The Reds/Cubs play 20 times a year. I used to watch those games all the time. I would watch for Griffey (when he was healthy). In doing so I became a Dunn fan. He's definitely bigger. I'm not saying that's why he's not hitting. It's not like he was ever athletic or could run. Just saying the the extra beef can't be helping anything. He makes Thome look small.