6/17 GT SOX @ D'Backs - 8:40pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
IMO, KW is the biggest problem not Ozzie. Ozzie is STILL a huge problem, but not as bad as KW.

I didn't word that correctly. I didn't mean Kenny wasn't at blame too, I just mean he isn't going to lose his job mid-season. So wishing for the Sox to fail so he can get fired tomorrow is not worth it.

You can see it already the Sox are in a hitting funk that will at least last the weekend. They'll score about 5 runs total for a road trip total of 6.

Then they will have to find a new excuse as they are not facing he CY Young caliber guys....

another run of corpseball to get us back out of the race

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)
With Dunn, Rios and Peavy, Kenny Williams has stuck The Sox with $45 million worth of nothing.

We'll get some value out of Peavy and Dunn for sure, believe that 100%.

It's Rios nobody can be sure about.

One thing's for sure, Gibson and his staff are pretty much the perfect leadership mix for this maturing young team.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 09:15 PM)
If the price is a talented player, no they won't.

GM's make bad deals all the time KW is a fine example of that. There is a sucker out there.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 10:17 PM)
Somehow, Jackson will get $7 million from someone.

He's like the "nice" Randy Moss who will keep getting fresh chances until he loses his stuff that all those scouts drool over.

He'll get more than $7 million but he won't get the long term deal pitching like this. Unless he does a 2nd half of last year stretch, he'll get paid like a short term back of the rotation starter until he snaps off that one great year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
Somehow, Jackson will get $7 million from someone.

He's like the "nice" Randy Moss who will keep getting fresh chances until he loses his stuff that all those scouts drool over.

For sure, mainly because age+prior success+stuff will fool a GM into thinking he's just a tweak away from being dominant

Wow what a horrible pitcher

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)
If we are gonna lose I really wish Lillibridge could be involved. Be nice to see if he can start hitting again

I just enjoy watching him play defense.

Rios...mehhh....I'd sooner be watching Glitter or Jersey Girl.

What I don't get is how you can be on a staff with Buehrle and Danks and be the slowest pitcher in White Sox history since Jason Bere.

Our outfielders are literally falling asleep and have their hands on their hips and are daydreaming about their All-Star break itinerary.

Edited by caulfield12