6/17 GT SOX @ D'Backs - 8:40pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 04:53 AM)
I'd just like to be Mr. Obvious and point out that much of this game so far is not really Edwin Jackson's fault.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 05:01 AM)
As one of KW's biggest supporters and defenders over the years here (I don't think I ever even posted a negative thought regarding him), I'd like to say a big "f*** YOU Kenny!"

We're watching this impotent offense night after night while stiffs like Pierre and Rios are trotted out there night after night and KW can't even bring Viciedo up from Charlotte because our moronic asshole of a manager can't figure out where to play him!

They can't give Viciedo a chance yet Beckham can continue to stink the place up with his ridiculous swing and Rios can stink the place up with his ridiculous batting stance while Greg Walker is given another vote of confidence. And Juan Pierre can suck on offense, suck on defense, and suck on the basepaths yet lead off every game night after night.

f*** JR, KW, Ozzie and the rest. I'll laugh at them when the Cubs sweep the Sox at the Cell in front of nightly crowds of 25,000 next week.

Will they actually fill the Cell for the Cub games? I can't imagine paying to see this s***.

Hudson looked like a bulldog. The game meant something to him and he came through.

Our guys are a bunch of zombies. They are back in the toilet. Way to show some pride and hit Hudson.

Please please blow it up. Or at least fire Ozzie/KW and see if they can get it going on a 9-1 8-2 stretch. If they can't then trade EVERYBODY.

Do something Jerry. This team blows.

I hope they don't sell out the Cell for the Cubs. Ridiculous.Our fans are too good to only care about beating the Cubs. They know this Sox product blows.

Edited by greg775

This division is COMPLETELY up from grabs and the sox wont capitalize. it's f***ing PATHETIC.

If changes are made in the next few weeks the Sox can go on a run, but the management is so f***ing stubborn...

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
He probably would have lost 2-1 if he was a White Sox tonight. For the love of God KW, gas up JR's jet and get Viciedo to Phoenix. Put Lillibride in CF and tell Pierre and Rios to ride pine.

It is time. Past it, actually.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 05:22 AM)
Heck. Not even disappointed. Didn't expect the Sox were winning tonight anyway.

I'm not disappoitned, except in myself for not turning it off.

I'm like you. I expect to lose.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
I'm not disappoitned, except in myself for not turning it off.

I'm like you. I expect to lose.

I'm a glutton for punishment. I DID turn it off after about 2 innings, only to turn it back on in about the 6th inning. What was I thinking?!

I can't think of a time since I became a baseball fan that I've been less excited about this Cubs series than in 2011.

I think spring training and mid-season Cubs/Sox exhibition games were even more exciting in the 80's and 90's.

Let's call the Doug Davis shutout on WED and just skip that game thread.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
Wow, the Sox are 3-29 when trailing after 6 innings.

If only we can reverse that. Actually doesn't shock me. I never have the feeling the Sox can come back when they're trailing.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:28 PM)
If only we can reverse that. Actually doesn't shock me. I never have the feeling the Sox can come back when they're trailing.

Obviously, the record trailing after 6 innings isn't ever going to look very pretty, but almost halfway through the season only 3 wins when trailing with 3 innings to go..........................brutal.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)

Not since 2008 and that mid-season streak last year. Just not in their DNA. You have to set the tone with that earlier in the season.

Unfortunately, our tone setting was offensive malaise and a collapsing bullpen punctuated with inconsistent defense and a dizzyingly consistent lack of fundamentals execution.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)
Obviously, the record trailing after 6 innings isn't ever going to look very pretty, but almost halfway through the season only 3 wins when trailing with 3 innings to go..........................brutal.

Especially since the A's have done it four or five times against us in a single season series of 10 games.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:27 PM)
I can't think of a time since I became a baseball fan that I've been less excited about this Cubs series than in 2011.

I think spring training and mid-season Cubs/Sox exhibition games were even more exciting in the 80's and 90's.

Let's call the Doug Davis shutout on WED and just skip that game thread.

Cubs will sweep 'em.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 05:45 AM)
Is this rock bottom for KW as Sox GM? Trying to think of a time that more people questioned him

Things got dicey for him in 2001-2002 after the Todd Ritchie debacle. He sure outdid himself this time, though.

Viciedo will be our starting LF this year I think, but I think Pierre wont be released... he could have value off the bench (Lillibridge, Vizquel, Pierre isnt a terrible bench), i just think the sox are trying to find a way to get Teahen outta here in a package, I'd assume built around Floyd

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:55 PM)
No chance Floyd is dealt.

I couldnt disagree more, affordable, stuff that any GM would love, has not had a horrible year since becoming a regular starter, but the Sox know who he is: a pitcher who needs coddled and suffers with runners on base, and will never be better than average/slightly above average

Sox will bank on Peavy (again) being healthy, and Edwin will finish year in the rotation

Gavin could bring back somebody decent even if they have to take Teahen's contract