6/17 GT SOX @ D'Backs - 8:40pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
Daniel Hudson is just a really good pitcher. He will end up with an ERA around 3.3 this year. Arizona is an exciting team

Agreed. I haven't had much of a chance to watch them this year, but the future looks bright. They are loaded with young pitching. Skaggs, Holmberg, Bauer, and Bradley. Good for them.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 09:50 PM)
Typical 1 hit in 4 innings but Walker still gets paid the 15th and 30th.

And don't forget the professional hitters that the Chicago White Sox employ too. :lolhitting

They're laughing all the way to the bank.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
The theory is that for the most part, pitchers over time can't control anything other than Ks BBs and HRs. The BABIPs will regress, though it may take a full season ro more to do so. There are a handful of exceptions to this, but for the most part it has bee proven correct. Based on this understanding, it does measure what the pitchers are 'actually doing'.

Based on this reasoning though, hitters should be judged on line-drive rates, park factors, etc. rather than using wOBA as the main component.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 10:54 PM)
Based on this reasoning though, hitters should be judged on line-drive rates, park factors, etc. rather than using wOBA as the main component.

Hitters are the ones in control of LD rate, it doesn't regress to the mean as much for hitters.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
Hitters are the ones in control of LD rate, it doesn't regress to the mean as much for hitters.

STOP MAKING ME LOOK STUPID :P But I do think I have a valid argument.

Edited by maggsmaggs