2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 08:28 AM)
So it sounds like the Rangers are putting all their eggs in the Brad Richards basket. That actually seems like a good fit.

I also read that they want to trade, rofl, Wade Redden, rofl. Yeah, good luck with that guys.

Call Florida, quick.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 08:29 AM)
Sorry Slav but.. Laich resigned with the Caps.

6 yrs. 4.5 mil.

That's the first UFA/RFA news to surprise me so far, I really thought he'd test the market. I was hoping the Hawks would give him a close look too, so I'm also disappointed.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
Pitkanen is off the board. Re-signed for 3 years at $4.5mil per. Canes beat writer says they are moving on without Cole, LaRose and Jokinen. I would like Cole or Rosey depending on price.

damn that would have been a great price to get him at. I have a bad feeling about free agency. No big moves, just small ones.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
Think Amy Winehouse

Figured. I have a real problem with Bernstein putting this out there with ABSOLUTELY ZERO corroborating evidence.

That is pretty bunk.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 08:28 AM)
So it sounds like the Rangers are putting all their eggs in the Brad Richards basket. That actually seems like a good fit.

I also read that they want to trade, rofl, Wade Redden, rofl. Yeah, good luck with that guys.

They are trying to move Drury. Redden they can just send to the AHL, like they did last year.

Ehrhoff (his rights actually) was traded to NYI for a 4th round pick. Not that this means NYI will sign him (though I don't see a problem since they have a ton of cap room, unless he and his agent feels they aren't a contender, or feels he can get more money in free agency) but it was funny seeing all those Canuck fans on different boards saying they were signing all their pending FA back with ease.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 10:53 PM)
Ehrhoff (his rights actually) was traded to NYI for a 4th round pick. Not that this means NYI will sign him (though I don't see a problem since they have a ton of cap room, unless he and his agent feels they aren't a contender, or feels he can get more money in free agency) but it was funny seeing all those Canuck fans on different boards saying they were signing all their pending FA back with ease.

He's a question: Can you trade someone's rights to another team? And then re-sign him after the exclusive negotiating period is over?

If legal, that would look real douchey right?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)

Unless the Islanders offer him some insane contract that he can't refuse since they need to spend (and I doubt they'd do that, set the market, and anger every other team in the NHL), I see no reason why Ehrhoff would stay there. It was worth a shot since it's a 4th round pick I suppose. Pitkanen resigning didn't surprise me (I didn't think Carolina would just let all of their big name UFA's go), but the Brooks Laich news surprised and disappointed me. I thought he'd at least hit the open market.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:29 AM)
Sorry Slav but.. Laich resigned with the Caps.

6 yrs. 4.5 mil.

Eh, disappointed, sure. But also glad the Hawks didn't pay him that much.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 01:42 AM)
Unless the Islanders offer him some insane contract that he can't refuse since they need to spend (and I doubt they'd do that, set the market, and anger every other team in the NHL), I see no reason why Ehrhoff would stay there. It was worth a shot since it's a 4th round pick I suppose. Pitkanen resigning didn't surprise me (I didn't think Carolina would just let all of their big name UFA's go), but the Brooks Laich news surprised and disappointed me. I thought he'd at least hit the open market.

I agree. I thought for sure Laich would at least get a feel for whats out there. A ton of teams were linked to that name. Bieksa, Laich, Pitkanen all resigned. Getting a lot thinner for the Hawks.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 11:09 PM)
He's a question: Can you trade someone's rights to another team? And then re-sign him after the exclusive negotiating period is over?

If legal, that would look real douchey right?

We just did the first part with Kopecky to Florida. The second part, while legal, would really get you blacklisted.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 07:31 AM)
We just did the first part with Kopecky to Florida. The second part, while legal, would really get you blacklisted.

Florida gave Tomas Kopecky a FOUR year, $12M contract (yes, that's $3M per)!!

Holy s***, Tallon loves throwin money away!!