2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 10:37 PM)
It would definitely seem that way,or the John Scott news was all crap. Based on how we ended the season last year, the Hawks may be content with Keith/Leddy, Seabrook/Hjalmarrson, Campoli/Montador.

We all knew that when it was said.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Oshie is staying in St. Louis so there's that for the dreamers. http://www.truehockey.com/articles/Oshie-a...ee-on-Extension

andystrickland

Blues and T.J. Oshie reach an agreement on contract extension an official announcement to come later this morning...told 1 yr. deal

Though Dubinsky is probably more realistic to offer sheet depending on Richards going there as rumors suggest.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 12:00 AM)
Take this with a gigantic, humungous grain of salt, but Ekland said: "Then I was told Chicago...who has been very quiet after freeing up money with the Campbell trade, was suddenly part of not only the Parise rumor, but possibly was putting an offer sheet together for Stamkos."

Either of these would be absolutely insane.

Isn't Stamkos a RFA? Wouldn't that cost 2 first round draft picks? Not that he's not worth it, but just figuring how realistic that is. I really doubt Tampa lets him go, especially if he's not unrestricted.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 07:54 AM)
Isn't Stamkos a RFA? Wouldn't that cost 2 first round draft picks? Not that he's not worth it, but just figuring how realistic that is. I really doubt Tampa lets him go, especially if he's not unrestricted.

two first round picks for Stamkos? I am fine with that. We will be talking about the last pick in the first rounds' anyway.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 07:54 AM)
Well Oshie is staying in St. Louis so there's that for the dreamers. http://www.truehockey.com/articles/Oshie-a...ee-on-Extension

Though Dubinsky is probably more realistic to offer sheet depending on Richards going there as rumors suggest.

At least I don't have to root for that d-bag. f*** T.J. Oshie.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 07:58 AM)
two first round picks for Stamkos? I am fine with that. We will be talking about the last pick in the first rounds' anyway.

Hell I'm fine with 3 first. You don't find franchise talents like him very often. This isn't Phil Kessel.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 08:14 AM)
Hell I'm fine with 3 first. You don't find franchise talents like him very often. This isn't Phil Kessel.

No doubt, I wasn't questioning whether or not to give up the picks, just wondering how many it would cost. Although, it does sound like the Flyers will be all over him if he doesn't stay in Tampa.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 08:14 AM)

The only question is whether the Hawks can figure out a way to structure the deal so that Tampa can't keep him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 08:18 AM)
No doubt, I wasn't questioning whether or not to give up the picks, just wondering how many it would cost. Although, it does sound like the Flyers will be all over him if he doesn't stay in Tampa.

Any team with cap space will try to get him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 08:36 AM)
The only question is whether the Hawks can figure out a way to structure the deal so that Tampa can't keep him.

I don't even want to get my hopes up about that. And in the NHL, it's really hard to structure deals like that (actually impossible). In the NFL, you can do poison pills, unbalanced structuring of the deal, but in the NHL it's straight average value over the life of the contract for the cap hit.

Stamkos is incredible, but Tampa has tons of cap room. He ain't going anywhere.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 08:57 AM)
I don't even want to get my hopes up about that. And in the NHL, it's really hard to structure deals like that (actually impossible). In the NFL, you can do poison pills, unbalanced structuring of the deal, but in the NHL it's straight average value over the life of the contract for the cap hit.

Stamkos is incredible, but Tampa has tons of cap room. He ain't going anywhere.

The thing is that Tampa doesn't have nearly the cash base that the Hawks have. There is a chance at outspending them.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 09:00 AM)
The thing is that Tampa doesn't have nearly the cash base that the Hawks have. There is a chance at outspending them.

That is true, but I don't think the Hawks can add another max player and still have some semblance of depth.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
That is true, but I don't think the Hawks can add another max player and still have some semblance of depth.

This is where the farm system has to start looking like a Bowman farm team and start paying off big time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 09:09 AM)
This is where the farm system has to start looking like a Bowman farm team and start paying off big time.

Well we have some good talent down there. It's just always the question of are they ready.

Morin, Lalonde and Beach should be getting close.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 09:13 AM)
Well we have some good talent down there. It's just always the question of are they ready.

Morin, Lalonde and Beach should be getting close.

If we can get guys like that to start carrying the 3rd and 4th lines, this team will explode.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 12:00 AM)
Take this with a gigantic, humungous grain of salt, but Ekland said: "Then I was told Chicago...who has been very quiet after freeing up money with the Campbell trade, was suddenly part of not only the Parise rumor, but possibly was putting an offer sheet together for Stamkos."

Either of these would be absolutely insane.

If we got Steve Stamkos my hands would reside in my pants until October.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)
Steve Montador would be nice.

138 blocked shots in 73 games for Montador last year.

Yes, now onto reality, since this is likely to happen. He's exactly what we've missed since jettisoning Brent Sopel, but Montador is actually a better player.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 09:40 AM)
Yes, now onto reality, since this is likely to happen. He's exactly what we've missed since jettisoning Brent Sopel, but Montador is actually a better player.

There is no doubt that we were missing the role players last year.