2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 09:23 AM)
Well this team will be deep again. I am ready for the season to start. Screw basketball and football!

Wow, thats a nice hit. I still think they need one or two more pieces, but this team as it stands is better than it was last season.

ChrisKuc Chris Kuc

That report is not true. Don't know how else to say it. -- RT @TheHockeyHero: @ChrisKuc his agent said deal is done so.. #Hawks #Blackhawks

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. It may be a case of a deal not being done, but for all intents and purposes, it's done.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
$2.3m annually for Frolik is pretty good. He will probably net 17-20 goals next year and be a pest in the playoffs on that Bickell and Bolland line.

It's very similar to when they had Steeger-Bolland-Ladd. Frolik has a similar game to Steeger (might be overall better when D is considered) and Bickell is that power forward in the mold of Ladd albeit not as good as Ladd.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)
I think the writing is on the wall for Campoli.

Keith

Seabrook

Montador

Hjalmarsson

Leddy

O'Donnell

Lepisto

Lalonde

Yeah I think he might be gone.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 01:02 PM)
Keith

Seabrook

Montador

Hjalmarsson

Leddy

O'Donnell

Lepisto

Lalonde

Yeah I think he might be gone.

Yeah, really, there's no need for him. That's a really nice defensive corps.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 01:01 PM)
Steve9347 Steve Harnden

@dan_bernstein Kaner is bulked up and looking like he's worked out all summer. Any apologies for the false rehab speculation?

Just for sake of conversation, and because I have no way of knowing, isn't it possible Kane could have done both this summer?

Frolik needs to add some muscle. I've never seen a guy get consistently manhandled as he was last year. He seemingly got lit up every game. He got back up every time though, I have to give him that.

I like the signing, I think he could really grow into a nice role here.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 01:23 PM)
Just for sake of conversation, and because I have no way of knowing, isn't it possible Kane could have done both this summer?

He didnt, and it was complete bulls*** for them to infer it on the radio.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)

While every person's body is different, the idea that he could be attacking his body with alcohol, sobering up, and then also adding a significant amount of good muscle mass is pretty farfetched. There are some who could probably do it...but that'd be rough.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
While every person's body is different, the idea that he could be attacking his body with alcohol, sobering up, and then also adding a significant amount of good muscle mass is pretty farfetched. There are some who could probably do it...but that'd be rough.

I think he was asking whether Kaner may have went to rehab this summer as well as stepped up his workouts, which is entirely possible, although a completely made up rumor.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
I think he was asking whether Kaner may have went to rehab this summer as well as stepped up his workouts, which is entirely possible, although a completely made up rumor.

If he was rehabbing from alcohol though, that would likely have totally interfered with stepped up workouts and really inhibited his body from responding to them. Again, he could be almost super-human in what his body can take, I can't rule that out, but the alcohol and rehab would have really impacted workouts. You're taking in a lot of calories, getting no protein, and dramatically affecting your body's overall balance when you drink, and if you're to the point you need rehab for the drinking, your body is struggling mightily to keep up with just the alcohol.

Worst case scenario...you could hypothesize a person going to therapy for something like binge-drinking, but not a full detox.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
If he was rehabbing from alcohol though, that would likely have totally interfered with stepped up workouts and really inhibited his body from responding to them. Again, he could be almost super-human in what his body can take, I can't rule that out, but the alcohol and rehab would have really impacted workouts. You're taking in a lot of calories, getting no protein, and dramatically affecting your body's overall balance when you drink, and if you're to the point you need rehab for the drinking, your body is struggling mightily to keep up with just the alcohol.

Worst case scenario...you could hypothesize a person going to therapy for something like binge-drinking, but not a full detox.

Never mind my original response, I mis-understood your post. I see what you are saying now, makes sense.