2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Stamkos is staying in Tampa, reportedly 5 years @ 7.5 mil per

I miss the fun a couple/few weeks ago when there were rumors all over about people wanting to offer him 10 years, 110 million dollar ish offers sheets.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
I miss the fun a couple/few weeks ago when there were rumors all over about people wanting to offer him 10 years, 110 million dollar ish offers sheets.

I'm going to blame the Canadian press/media for this. A few years ago, the Canadian press was saying rumors about Vinny Lecavalier being traded to Montreal. Of course there was nothing to it. And there was never any sign down in the Tampa area that the organization was going to let Stamkos leave.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 08:11 PM)
KaneWambach.jpg

Does anyone else think that Abby Wambach and Patrick Kane share a striking resemblance, especially considering the different genders?

What the f***? No, it's not even close.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 08:24 PM)
Don Cherry laying it down on Carcillo

At the 1:15 mark, it kind of looks like the ref comes in and gives Carcillo a jab to the face. Not my favorite signing, but over the course of an 82-game season, I guess you can use a guy like that in the lineup occasionally.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 21, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
At the 1:15 mark, it kind of looks like the ref comes in and gives Carcillo a jab to the face. Not my favorite signing, but over the course of an 82-game season, I guess you can use a guy like that in the lineup occasionally.

^^^