2011-2012 NHL Thread

The Hawks invited Ray Emery to camp on a tryout basis today. Interesting move, as he was really good down the stretch for Anaheim last year after Hiller got hurt. Was a big reason why they made the playoffs, actually. I still think Salak will be the backup, but wouldn't count out Emery taking that spot if he has a great camp.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)
The Hawks invited Ray Emery to camp on a tryout basis today. Interesting move, as he was really good down the stretch for Anaheim last year after Hiller got hurt. Was a big reason why they made the playoffs, actually. I still think Salak will be the backup, but wouldn't count out Emery taking that spot if he has a great camp.

As a cheap contract, why not?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:15 PM)
Definitely worth a shot. I'd be surprised if he made the team since they gave Salak a 1 way deal to get him over here, but you never know. Emery is far from some bum.

Salak is exempt from waivers. He could be sent to Rockford without any worries.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:22 PM)
Hmm, I wasn't aware of that. I'd give Emery a much better chance in that case.

Would be a win-win. Rockford has s*** for goalies down there (no offense Alec Richards) so it would be a good environment for a young team to have a solid goalie down there to help them win games.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:27 AM)
That means they could start him down there and they move him up if they needed him.

Absolutely. I love that they brought in Emery. It's absolutely a perfect move. If you can get him on the cheap for a year as a backup, then let Salak get better down in Rockford. Why not?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
Absolutely. I love that they brought in Emery. It's absolutely a perfect move. If you can get him on the cheap for a year as a backup, then let Salak get better down in Rockford. Why not?

Exactly. Or maybe another team gets into injury trouble at the G position, and you can trade him. Or he just sucks and you cut him without losing much, and Salak is the backup.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 04:16 AM)
Too lazy to look to see if this is already here but Toews has some nice tail he is hanging with.... http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/super...is-kind-of-hot/

Jonathan Toews dating some slutty Jessica Simpson look-alike?

I'm disappointed in him. Being the model-citizen that he is, I always figured he would date a girl like this....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JoyePCbUGW8/TVmE...ip+2011+073.JPG

Kid is out of control. He needs to act his age, which is apparently 40.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 02:47 AM)
Jonathan Toews dating some slutty Jessica Simpson look-alike?

I'm disappointed in him. Being the model-citizen that he is, I always figured he would date a girl like this....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JoyePCbUGW8/TVmE...ip+2011+073.JPG

Kid is out of control. He needs to act his age, which is apparently 40.

Yeah that girl is so faking looking. Looks like fake breasts, fake (or way too much time in the sun) tan and the like. Hey, if that's what JT likes, so be it. But I prefer natural-looking women.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:47 AM)
Yeah that girl is so faking looking. Looks like fake breasts, fake (or way too much time in the sun) tan and the like. Hey, if that's what JT likes, so be it. But I prefer natural-looking women.

Yeah, those lips look a little "filled" too. Bet she hangs like the sleeve of a wizard.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 10:38 AM)
Looks like Sharp is sticking around on a new 5 year deal. No link yet.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=585674

Not a surprise at all, but still great to see it done. Outside of Ben Smith being a RFA who could be a bit expensive if he has as good a year as some of us think he could, there really aren't any FA issues for next summer now. It's just the 1 year contract guys brought in this summer and John Scott, who will all be UFA's.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:47 AM)

I dont thnk so at all. And being that she is a latina, not sure where the Jessica Simpson references above come from.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 10:48 AM)
I dont thnk so at all. And being that she is a latina, not sure where the Jessica Simpson references above come from.

She seems to have the adult film star look going. I don't think she looks fake though, other than the boobs obviously.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 11:53 AM)
She seems to have the adult film star look going. I don't think she looks fake though, other than the boobs obviously.

She pretty damn hot, although it wont last long. You know that was the "public appearance" he had to give her in order to keep banging her in private. I'm sure she f***s like a machine.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 10:54 AM)
She pretty damn hot, although it wont last long. You know that was the "public appearance" he had to give her in order to keep banging her in private. I'm sure she f***s like a machine.

Haha she's about typical for what an athlete of his calibur is pulling, I would assume. And it's almost guaranteed that you're dead on about the public appearance and machine comments.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
$5.9 million annual cap hit. Sounds a tiny bit high, but if he keeps up what he has been doing, will be worth it.

He was at 3.9, and will be this season obviously. I was thinking the new paper would be in the 5 to 5.5 range, so I'd agree 5.9 is a bit high. It's not too bad though. With the market like it is now, he'd have probably got something in the 6's on the open market if he performs to his standards this season.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 12:22 PM)
$5.9? Yeesh. He has to continue producing at elite levels past his prime for it to be a good deal.

When he is making 400K less than Jonathan Toews that seems strange to me. I love Sharpy, but that is more than I would have committed to him. Slightly over $5 million seems more reasonable.