2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 10:53 AM)
Were you at the game? I didnt see it that way at all. I saw Carcillo hit him and then Selanne whack him with his stick while chriping at Carcillo. They then got towards the bench that was already yelling at Car Bomb and he sat right int he first seat and game it right back to them. It was a great hit on a guy that was killing us all game and nobody on the ice did s***.

That was how it sounded it went on tv as well.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 12:26 AM)
Here's a video game style box score. WIN was up 6-2. Then PHI was up 7-6. And then WIN pulls it out 9-8 with a minute left.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2011020128

Wow, that's awesome. I miss Andrew Ladd.

So much for that franchise goalie Philly.

Choice quotes from Bryz:

"When you have terrible goalies, it's no surprise there are so many goals."

"I have zero confidence in myself right now. If you throw a ball instead of a puck, I'm not going to stop it. I'm terrible and I want to apologize in front of the fans, in front of my teammates; and I don't know what's going on. I have no answer for you guys. I thought this last game in Montreal was … nothing's gonna happen worse, but today was even worse.

"We didn't have problems playing the puck on the ice. Not yesterday, not tonight. I just can't stop the puck. It's very simple. You can't ask more from the forwards. They scored eight goals and we're still losing. Obviously it's [a] terrible goalie — it's me.

"They try to play hard, but the bottom line I'm the goalie. I'm the guy who have to try to stop the puck. I couldn't even stop the simple shots."

"I'm lost in the woods right now."

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 11:42 PM)
Better hope the Hawks never play Carolina in the playoffs. They obviously won't stand a chance on the road, crazy they haven't won there yet. Just one of those games, move on to the UC Saturday night.

Cam Ward owns the Hawks.

The Chicago Blackhawks could lose the services of an important cog to their offense for a few games.

Winger Daniel Carcillo has a hearing scheduled with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan on Saturday at 1 p.m. to discuss a hit the winger put on the Carolina Hurricanes' Joni Pitkanen during Friday night's game.

Carcillo and Pitkanen ended up in a heap along the end boards during the first period of the Hurricanes' 3-0 victory over the Hawks at the RBC Center in Raleigh, N.C. As Pitkanen chased after the puck, Carcillo appeared to shove the Carolina defenseman from behind and Pitkanen crashed into the boards. Officials didn't call a penalty on the play, but the league will decide if Carcillo will be suspended or fined.

Carcillo, who signed a one-year contract with the Hawks during the offseason and has been a valuable addition to the offense while skating with Patrick Kane and Marian Hossa, has run afoul of the league before. The veteran missed the first two games of this season after being suspended for confronting officials following a 2011 Stanley Cup Playoff game while Carcillo played for the Philadelphia Flyers.

The NHL has been cracking down on illegal hits this season, with Shanahan suspending and fining players at a record rate.

A decision will be made Saturday as the Hawks face the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday night at the United Center.

Link

Carcillo is gone for 2 games.

@NHLBlackhawks Chicago Blackhawks

Coach Q: Daniel Carcillo is suspended for two games for hit on CAR's Joni Pitkanen last night. Out for tonight and Monday. #Blackhawks

His history with the league did him in on that one. Not as bad as most thought however cause there was no penalty on the play. (same length when Kubina was suspended after he concussed Bolland with no penalty)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 29, 2011 -> 07:26 PM)

His history with the league did him in on that one. Not as bad as most thought however cause there was no penalty on the play. (same length when Kubina was suspended after he concussed Bolland with no penalty)

We will see If Shanahan suspends any of his buddies this year.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 29, 2011 -> 08:26 PM)

"There's not too much leeway for me in this league" Carcillo said. "I'm giving some serious thought to changing my last name. I'm frustrated. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of making safe hits. I've never been suspended for a hit and I've made hundreds every year."
Link

http://www.chicagonow.com/daily-chicago-sp...on-in-question/

Chicago Blackhawks Prospect Kyle Beach Injured, Future With Organization In Question

On Friday night, prospect Kyle Beach suffered an injury that could jeopardize his future with the Chicago Blackhawks organization.

Beach, the 11th overall selection in the 2008 Draft by Chicago, had just started his second professional season in Rockford. In his final season in juniors, Beach put up numbers that gave many fans hope for his future in Chicago. He posted 52 goals and added 34 assists in only 68 games, while racking up 168 penalty minutes with Spokane of the WHL.

He struggled beginning the 2010-11 season in Rockford, but came on strong at the end to finish with 36 points (16 goals, 20 assists) in 71 games last year. He had the worst plus-minus rating on the IceHogs, minus-24, and piled up 163 penalty minutes.

Starting this season, Beach was playing a much more balanced game. He had already scored three goals and added three assists in the first eight games of the season, and had already accumulated 18 penalty minutes. He wasn’t as recklessly physical as he was at the beginning of last year, though, and was playing a much more effective offensive game for the IceHogs.

Unfortunately, his season may now be over just as it was beginning.

According to the Peoria Journal Star:

“Rivermen winger Stefan Della Rovere hammered Kyle Beach in a third-period fight that left the Rockford opponent bloodied and with a dislocated right shoulder. Beach was wheeled down the hallway on a stretcher by EMTs and taken to a hospital after the game.”

Sources close to the situation have indicated that Beach’s shoulder injury is serious, and a timetable of between four and six months has been indicated as likely for his recovery.

Looking around the Blackhawks organization, Beach’s status at the top of the list was forfeited to Jeremy Morin and Nick Leddy last year, and his slide down the rankings has continued as a series of shrewd trades and two good draft classes have brought more talent into the system.

If Beach misses the rest of this season, he could struggle to be in the picture in Chicago. Prospects like Brandon Saad, Mark McNeill and Phillip Danault are maturing in their final seasons in juniors. There are also other physical players, like Andrew Shaw and Rob Flick, working their way up through the system. And Brandon Pirri, Ben Smith, Jimmy Hayes and Morin are also playing well up front in Rockford.

There has been no confirmation regarding the severity of Beach’s injury from Chicago or Rockford.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
That's why the Hawks took a chance on Stalberg. The kid can freakin' skate.

Some of the guys that this management team received last offseason and during the season are panning out pretty well. I hope people can give them credit where credit is due.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hocke...0,4848985.story

Defenseman Keith sidelined for Blackhawks

By Chris Kuc Tribune reporter

1:07 p.m. CDT, November 2, 2011

SUNRISE, Fla. -- The Chicago Blackhawks will be without the services of top defenseman Duncan Keith when they face the Florida Panthers on Thursday night at BankAtlantic Center.

Quenneville added that Keith, who has six assists in 11 games this season, could play "soon."

Look for Sean O'Donnell to return to the lineup to replace Keith. O'Donnell has been a healthy scratch but should pair with Nick Leddy on the back end. Steve Montador should see increased time on the Hawks' penalty-killing unit to compensate for Keith's absence.

Corey Crawford will get the start in goal for the Hawks against the Panthers.

[email protected]

Twitter @ChrisKuc