2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 07:59 AM)
Crawford stood on his head for most of that game. There is no reason that team should give up 40+shots in regulation alone.

Keith being injured doesn't help matters.. I will say though anytime you see Jack Skille skate fast to the right side and fire low quality shots on net, you know it's going to be a good stat night for the goalie. Brings back good ol' memories.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 08:05 AM)
Keith being injured doesn't help matters.. I will say though anytime you see Jack Skille skate fast to the right side and fire low quality shots on net, you know it's going to be a good stat night for the goalie. Brings back good ol' memories.

Yeah, I don't miss that guy at all. Skating fast does not mean you'll be a quality NHL player.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
I still think he's slow 90 percent of the time. I still dont get what Tallon sees in him.

It seemed like every once in a while he'd turn the jets on but most of the time he'd coast and be not in any position to pose an offensive threat.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
He's no Viktor Stalberg.

I just wish Stalberg would turn more of those rushes into flashing red lights.

He has the very frustrating habit of skating himself into awful shooting angles and throwing weak shots on goal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 07:44 PM)
Carcillo with the play on both ends. WOW!

The poke check was nice, but that was one of the ugliest breakaways I have ever seen. He was sitting on that backhand for a couple seconds, somehow Roloson didn't realize that.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 6, 2011 -> 07:31 PM)
Coaching staff needs a shake up. For the skill that is on this team, there is no way the should have the 29th ranked PP in the league. Inexcusable. Even Foley has started making backhanded comments. Everyone in the league knows the Hawks will be looking for the backdoor on the advantage. It's all they do. If it isn't available(which it rarely is considering every PK squad knows it's coming and collapses down low), they have no other option.

The Hawks power play literally has become a way to take momentum away from this team. Needs to change. NOW.

Kitchen needs to go.

And anyone wanna tell Bickell to show up? Dude has been pretty worthless at everything since the opening week. Hawks have noone in their top 9 that throws the body around.

Edited by SoxAce

http://blogs.suntimes.com/blackhawks/2011/...ig_changes.html

It should come as no surprise that the Blackhawks' lines and defensive pairings were different Monday at practice. Their loss to the Canucks on Sunday was an ugly one, and some players were already struggling before that.

"Whether it was coming or not, [the loss against the rival Canucks] was a game that gets your attention in a lot of ways," coach Joel Quenneville said after practice. "When you look at things, you don't mind making changes on a merit basis. Guys will get different opportunities and a get chance to enhance their opportunity going forward."

Some of the changes include possibly getting defenseman Duncan Keith (finger/hand injury) back in the lineup after three games, dropping Andrew Brunette down from the first line and getting Rostislav Olesz some playing time after he was scratched 12 games.

Here's a look at the new lines and defensive pairings from practice Monday:

First: Patrick Sharp -- Jonathan Toews -- Michael Frolik

Second: Daniel Carcillo -- Patrick Kane -- Marian Hossa

Third: Andrew Brunette -- Dave Bolland -- Rostislav Olesz

Fourth: Viktor Stalberg -- Marcus Kruger -- Jamal Mayers

First paring: Duncan Keith -- Brent Seabrook

Second pairing: Nick Leddy -- Niklas Hjalmarsson

Third pairing: Sami Lepisto -- Sean O'Donnell

There also were changes made to the first and second power-play units. The Hawks went 0-for-5 with the advantage against the Canucks. They have only scored five power-play goals in 14 games, bad enough for the 28th-ranked power play in the league.

Here are the new power-play units:

First: Brent Seabrook, Patrick Sharp, Jonathan Toews, Andrew Brunette, Viktor Stalberg

Second: Duncan Keith or Nick Leddy, Dave Bolland, Patrick Kane, Daniel Carcillo, Marian Hossa