2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 9, 2011 -> 09:09 AM)
You could almost say that the Hawks are missing Soupy with their PP problems.

That had occurred to me, but it seems to me that the power play has been streaky for awhile, and down-right s***ty at times.

They are getting PP chances but arent finishing. I think thats something that will even out later down the road. PLaying guys like John Scott needs to stop happening though. They need to pick up one more D man and really take a look at Saad coming back on this roster.

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/blackhawks-...tm_medium=email

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Dave Bolland is questionable for tomorrow night's game against the Columbus Blue Jackets after blocking a shot off his right foot against the St. Louis Blues.

Bolland, who did not practice here on Wednesday, is listed as day to day. He blocked the shot early in the second period on Tuesday night but did come back to finish the game.

The Blackhawks went through line changes again during today's practice, with Marian Hossa joining Jonathan Toews and Viktor Stalberg on the top line. Patrick Sharp moved to the second line with Patrick Kane and Daniel Carcillo, Marcus Kruger centered Bryan Bickell and Michael Frolik on the checking line and Jamal Mayers centered Andrew Brunette and Rostislav Olesz on the fourth.

Corey Crawford will start against the Blue Jackets.

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/blackhawks-...tm_medium=email

COLUMBUS, Ohio – A healthy scratch. No player enjoys that status come game time. Bryan Bickell is no exception.

Bickell was scratched for the Blackhawks’ 3-0 loss to the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday night, a move that broke up the checking line of he, Dave Bolland and Michael Frolik that had been together dating back to last spring.

The left wing had a tough go at training camp but was playing that gritty, physical game the Blackhawks want from him in early season games. But he’s struggled as of late and on Tuesday he was out of the lineup.

It was a tough pill to swallow for Bickell, but he’s using it for motivation.

“I know the reasons why (I was scratched),” said Bickell, who was back on the reworked checking line with Marcus Kruger and Frolik on Wednesday. “But it definitely gets me fired up for the next game to prove that I belong in the lineup and he [Joel Quenneville] has no reason to take me out.”

Bickell said he’ll remember those early games when he gets back into the lineup. And he’ll try to relax.

“I think I’ve been thinking too much and gripping the stick too tight,” he said. “It’s just keeping it simple. It’s just (about) playing my game, being physical and being in the corners. That’s what I needed to do to improve my game.”

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 09:18 AM)
This is the NHL. Thus "lower body injury" and "he will be evaluated".

Yeah, I got that much. I was hoping someone knew something more. The angle he hit the boards looked like it could have been a knee thing, which would be really bad.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 14, 2011 -> 09:19 AM)
Yeah, I got that much. I was hoping someone knew something more. The angle he hit the boards looked like it could have been a knee thing, which would be really bad.

I'm nervous about it. They asked Q yesterday and he said they would have to wait til Monday to find out. That sounds like he needs an MRI, which could be bad. Hopefully its just a mild sprain or something.