2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So apparently the Canucks are willing to listen to offers on Roberto Luongo. His yearly salary is only $5.33 million. Great deal, right?

LAWLZ

• 32 years old
  • headcase
  • 2nd best tender on his own team
  • 5.33 mill per......... through 2022!!!

Yeah, go f*ck yourselves, Vancouver. Maybe you can get DiPietro for him!

Edited by Steve9347

Major realignment next year. Two 8-team conferences, two 7-team conferences. Play home & home vs. teams in other conferences, which is cool for the regular season, get to see more of the Eastern teams.. It goes back to the old playoff setup, top 4 teams in each conference qualify and play each other, which then leaves a final four re-seeded. It could lead to way more Hawks vs. Wings playoff matchups

A: Ducks, Kings, Sharks, Coyotes, Avalanche, Canucks, Flames, Oilers

B: Hawks, Stars, Blues, Red Wings, Wild, Jets, Predators, Blue Jackets

C: Leafs, Canadiens, Senators, Sabres, Bruins, Panthers, Lightning

D: Rangers, Islanders, Devils, Flyers, Penguins, Capitals, Hurricanes.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
I dont like how the Bruins will only be facing the Flyers and Rangers 2 times a year now.

And the Jets only hosting 6 games against other Canadian teams is just stupid.

There is no perfect solution. If you try to fix those 2 problems, you've got many others. It's probably the solution with the least amount of "problems."

Old-school playoffs will sure ramp everything up again. Looking forward to Hawks/North Stars and Hawks/Leafs.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 09:44 AM)
Hawks/Leafs is great.

Yes it is. Now they need to call that conference the Norris, and rename the Wild the Northstars (let Dallas be the Stallions or something). Then pump in that bluish-cigarette haze to the United Center, and we'd really be talking.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 11:14 PM)
There is no perfect solution. If you try to fix those 2 problems, you've got many others. It's probably the solution with the least amount of "problems."

Old-school playoffs will sure ramp everything up again. Looking forward to Hawks/North Stars and Hawks/Leafs.

The Leafs are in a different conference?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)
Yeah I was referring to old times in the Norris, wasn't serious. There's also no North Stars either.

Gotcha. If the Wild ever became consistent contenders, the new playoff setup could help re-kindle the old Chicago/Minnesota rivalry. Although without Dino Ciccarelli, it will never be as strong as the North Stars days.

Yes it is. Now they need to call that conference the Norris, and rename the Wild the Northstars (let Dallas be the Stallions or something). Then pump in that bluish-cigarette haze to the United Center, and we'd really be talking.

:lolhitting

No what they try, no way we are ever getting back the stadium type feel.

I was pretty happy to see Hossa finally net 400 since he was stuck on 399 for so long. Hopefully now he can get back to dominating.

Congrats Hossa! Only Jersey I own is his Hawks one... for now. I'll be buying after the holidays.. an Oilers #93 Jersey.

Watching the last view games... Can anyone on the bottom two lines score? I love me some Big Hoss.. but where is 67 (who's name I can't spell and am to lazy to look it up), Brunette... I think I about to state the obivous, but Bolland isn't 100% so he gets a pass... But sheeesh, it seems unless the big guns are out there, zero scoring is done.

The tests indicate Sidney Crosby doesn't have a concussion. Crosby's body isn't quite so sure.

The Pittsburgh Penguins superstar said Monday he's dealing with a recurrence of concussion-like symptoms and is out indefinitely.

Crosby, who missed more than 10 months after taking shots to the head in successive games in January, hasn't played since developing a headache following a 3-1 loss to Boston last week.

"I ended up skating the following day after with a little bit exertion and it just didn't feel right," Crosby said. "After kind of talking with everyone it was better to be cautious here and not take any chances."

Man that sucks. Gotta feel bad for him and young Hawks fans who still might not have seen him play live since the Hawks were 'relevant'. It's been five years since Crosby played against us and six years since he played in Chicago (his rookie year). The last time he played against the Hawks was February 14th, 2007. (which was in Pittsburgh) He played 81 games in 2009-10. Only game that he missed that year was against.... yep... the Hawks. He played 77 games in 2008-09. One of those 5 games that he missed was against... da da da da... the Hawks.

That is crazy.

Edited by SoxAce