2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 11:08 PM)
Stalberg for Nash. Do it now.

Columbus has to be impressed with him. In four games against them this year, he has 3 multi-goal games, including last night's hat trick. Maybe they won't notice that he only has five against everyone else.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 07:40 AM)
Columbus has to be impressed with him. In four games against them this year, he has 3 multi-goal games, including last night's hat trick. Maybe they won't notice that he only has five against everyone else.

4 Games against them. 7 goals + 1 assist. He owns them.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 11:50 AM)
JayZawaski670 Jay Zawaski

Toews, Hossa and Kane named to NHL All Star Team | Red Light District

I believe Sharp would have been named instead of Kane, if not for the injury. Congrats to those three though.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)

Reports have changed...

CHICAGO -- Patrick Sharp was passed over Thursday for the NHL All-Star Game, but the Chicago Blackhawks winger would have made the team if he weren't sidelined with a hand injury, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Sharp, who was injured Sunday against the Detroit Red Wings, is expected to miss up to a month. The All-Star Game will be played Jan. 29 in Ottawa.

His 40 points, which include 20 goals and 20 assists, rank 18th overall in the league. Only two other players in the NHL -- teammate Jonathan Toews and Toronto's Phil Kessel, who both made the All-Star team -- have as many as 20 goals and 20 assists.

Blackhawks teammates Patrick Kane and Marian Hossa also were named to the All-Star team.

Sharp was the MVP of the All-Star Game last season.

Kane gets in there every year simply to have a "name" player that people that don't follow hockey recognize.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
Kane gets in there every year simply to have a "name" player that people that don't follow hockey recognize.

Yes, it has nothing to do with having the 6th most points amongst Western Conference wingers, and 10th most points amongst Western Conference players. Sure, you need 8 wingers and 12 forwards to fill out a normal roster, but it's only because idiots know who Patrick Kane is... Good call.

Methinks Chicagoland is becoming hockey spoiled.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 04:04 PM)
Yes, it has nothing to do with having the 6th most points amongst Western Conference wingers, and 10th most points amongst Western Conference players. Sure, you need 8 wingers and 12 forwards to fill out a normal roster, but it's only because idiots know who Patrick Kane is... Good call.

Methinks Chicagoland is becoming hockey spoiled.

It may have been a bit of an overstatement, but they chose 24 forwards and he is T-23rd in points in the NHL and only has 10 goals, so it's not like he's tore it up this season. There may be a few players that have had better seasons, that didn't beat him out due to name recognition. Although, Ovechkin made it and he is way less deserving than Kaner. Either way, it's just the All-Star game, who cares.

How about the lift Shaw and Hayes have given the Hawks? Incredible depth they have even in the system. There were some rumblings on twitter the other day that people think Keven Hayes is even better, and more ready now, than Jimmy is. And he plays center. I can't wait until Kruger comes back.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
How about the lift Shaw and Hayes have given the Hawks? Incredible depth they have even in the system. There were some rumblings on twitter the other day that people think Keven Hayes is even better, and more ready now, than Jimmy is. And he plays center. I can't wait until Kruger comes back.

Shaw was just a 5th round pick in this years draft, amazing.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 11:18 PM)
Shaw was just a 5th round pick in this years draft, amazing.

He and Hayes have consistently been amongst our best players since they have been called up from Rockford. I just hope it continues. Seems like a lot of the young guys the Hawks added recently have struggled with inconsistency. Frolik, Stalberg, Leddy...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 12, 2012 -> 10:32 PM)
He and Hayes have consistently been amongst our best players since they have been called up from Rockford. I just hope it continues. Seems like a lot of the young guys the Hawks added recently have struggled with inconsistency. Frolik, Stalberg, Leddy...

With this depth, if they continue to struggle, they will sit.

Daniel Carcillo will miss the remainder of the season and playoffs due to an injured ACL in his right knee.

Carcillo will have surgery to repair the damage. If there's a silver lining, it's that he should be fine for the start of the 2012-13 season. He suffered the injury because of how Edmonton's Tom Gilbert fell after being hit hard by Carcillo. Incidentally, Carcillo received a seven-game suspension for his actions and would have been eligible to return on January 18th.

Rotoworld

I think he is one and done with the Blackhawks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 05:24 PM)
I hope we have seen his final game with the Hawks.

Thankfully I guarantee we have. didn't like the signing from day one. He made a couple nice plays in his first two games, but then he started playing like Daniel Carcillo again, and good riddance.