2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 3, 2012 -> 07:49 AM)
I don't know if this one game makes it a "Whoops". Gagner had 5 goals and 17 assists on the year before last night. He's a good player, good for center depth at the right price.

Apparently he moved up over 100 slots on the NHL scoring leaders list last night.

The hawks lack toughness and now goal-tending. Crawford was terrible last night.

Patrick Kane and any center not named Toews are really not giving the Hawks anything at all...Bolland can on occasion.

If the Hawks lose in the first round is the Stan and Q honeymoon over?

The Hawks just appear to be really soft and are getting beaten up.

Hawks have some serious problems right now. Emery actually looked good overall. But they've started committing dumb penalties and can't convert on power plays when they do get them. Kiprusoff was outstanding though.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
Remember when Duncan Keith was the best defenseman in the league. Wtf happened

The badness of the defense is spreading like the plague. However, the one positive right now is that it seems that Patrick Kane is getting it going. Which happens to be coinciding with a Hossa/Toews lull.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
Out of everything going wrong/lacking, this isn't one of those things. At all.

Being soft or missing Carcillo? They do not make the other team work hard and they are no longer doing the gritty type of things that they used to do.

I think Carcillo is a meathead but they need somebody to make the other team think a little about getting hit.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
Being soft or missing Carcillo? They do not make the other team work hard and they are no longer doing the gritty type of things that they used to do.

I think Carcillo is a meathead but they need somebody to make the other team think a little about getting hit.

Carcillo. Not the problem.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
I get your point, but I think it's a good matchup. Two Original Six teams, & Toronto probably has the largest acrive fanbase in the league.

Its a good match up for sure. But I'd rather see Detroit with either STL or Chicago, and Toronto against someone like Montreal or Ottawa.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
Its a good match up for sure. But I'd rather see Detroit with either STL or Chicago, and Toronto against someone like Montreal or Ottawa.

I doubt you ever see two Canadian teams in the Winter Classic, which is why they have the Heritage Classic from time to time. The Winter Classic depends so much on advertising on TV viewers in the States, that I don't they would risk having two non-American teams play.