2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 24, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
So apparently the Hawks were bidders on Carter and Quincey, and are "in" on Rick Nash but have shown an unwillingness to move their 1st round pick. In the meantime, NSH, DET and LA have all gotten better, and Hjalmarsson and Leddy continue to cost us points. Oh, and Toews is hurt.

Apparently their eyes are on Mikhail Grabovski, Derek Roy and Ljubomir Visnovsky.

Nash was never coming to Chicago with his $7.8 million cap hit through 2018. They aren't in salary cap hell anymore, but no way they add a contract like that unless it's Malkin or Stamkos (which obviously won't happen).

TSN reports the Rangers have traded Wojtek Wolski to the Florida Panthers in return for defenceman Michael Vernace and a third-round draft pick in 2013.

Vernace, 25, has scored two goals and 14 assists in 44 games with the Norfolk Admirals and San Antonio Rampage of the American Hockey League this season. He played 22 career NHL games with Tampa Bay and Colorado, registering one assist.

Making room for Nash?

Edited by That funky motion

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 10:47 PM)
Well hey, at least Bowman made a deal to get the incredible Brendan Morrison!

But we finally just scored a power play goal!!!!

I feel like the blame goes to all 3 levels, Bowman, Q, and the players. Some of Bowman's moves didn't work and Q doesn't seem to have the team on the right page. But when your PP consists of Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, & Keith, and you still can't score, that goes on the players at some point. (It started before Toews got hurt)

NHL Trade deadline is the most exciting of the major sports, so we will see what happens Monday. I don't see anything major happening for the Hawks, but it would be nice to see something change.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
This team is ridiculously depressing. With how hot some of the lower seeds are, there's a real possibility this team doesn't make the playoffs. 2012 can f*** off.

They just got outhustled and outworked for most of the game. I didn't even watch the end of it.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 01:26 PM)
Seems too much to give up for a #5 or #6 dman who is a FA in less than 30 games.

They're next year's picks, so that helps. Plus, the Hawks already have core players locked up and their system is loaded with talent and has depth. You can only play so many players. I don't mind the deal.

Oduya can give you 20 minutes of TOI, which means less Leddy, Keith and Hammer. Sounds good to me.

So now you're splitting time between Keith, Seabrook, Hjamlarsson, Leddy, Olsen, Oduya, O'Donnell, and Montador when he's healthy.