2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 01:16 PM)
Oduya to the Hawks for a 2nd and 3rd in 2013.

That is a terrible deal Stan got fleeced! 2nd and a 3rd wow for Oduya had two goals and 11 assists in 63 games with the Jets. The blueliner averages 19 minutes, 19 seconds per game and is a minus-9. Minus-9 that is going to help not a 3rd round pick would be it at best!

Rotoworld take

The Chicago Blackhawks have acquired Johnny Oduya from the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for a 2013 second round and a 2013 third round pick.

Oduya has 13 points and 33 penalty minutes in 63 games this season. That's a nice return for the Jets, who could afford to trade Oduya after claiming Grant Clitsome off of waivers.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 01:26 PM)
Wow Stan just got raped... he isn't even an upgrade

He did not want to give up his picks at first but he caved anyway. He should have traded those picks for somebody that can be here longer.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 02:58 PM)
I abhor Stan Bowman. He has been awful since taking over.

He did have a tough assignment having to break up the Cup winners, but the only good move he has made IMO has been Mayers, and that is just a 4th liner making under a million. I supported the Frolik move, but man he sucks balls. He is just surviving off the top talent but has given them no help at all.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 27, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)
Yeah, because Stan has made any good moves since taking over. Stop being a homer.

I think you're overreacting. Oddly enough, I think some fans were spoiled my Tallon and his spending. Everyone wanted to make the big splashes in FA and get the Brad Richards type, but had he done that and strapped the Hawks financially, he'd be getting similar backlash for not being able to add much at the deadline.

This was a seller's market. There are only a few teams who really know they're out of it. A couple weeks ago, everyone though ANA and CGY would blow it all up, and now look. CBJ was pretty much the only team selling outright.

Gaustad was traded for a 1st rounder. The prices on these guys were sky-high. I applaud Bowman for not overpaying. Hell, Dallas asked for Brandon Saad in return for Grossman.

This team is more than capable of winning the Stanley Cup, just like everyone thought for the first half of the season. Their top priority was to add a d-man. They did that. What they need to do know is move Sharp back to C where he is more than capable of playing.

You can't blame Bowman for the regression and inconsistency of Corey Crawford. You can't blame Bowman for Patrick Kane not being Patrick Kane for most of the year. You can't blame Bowman for Duncan Keith and Bryan Bickell forgetting how to play hockey.

Frolik/Salak for Skille, at one point, looked like an incredible steal. And I still think it is. You look at how much of a contributor Frolik was last year and you expect him to continue progressing and be an even bigger part of the team this season. Remember how great the Frolik/Bolland/Bickell line was?

The only thing I think Bowman can truly be blamed for is dumping Campbell's contract and then replacing him more wisely. Leddy will be a fine d-man in this league, but he's 20 years old and has lots of room to grow. I thought the addition of Brunette in the offseason would pay off much more than it has so far. Ditto Montador.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 04:54 PM)
If you think a sport that has seen it's brightest star succumb to concussion is going to continue to allow talentless hacks to get in bloody duels on the ice, your head is broken.

the sport has basically given the "ok" to hacks to take out their stars by the addition on the instigator rule.

and how can you say his head is broken when you think this will start the motion of banning fights in NHL games?

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 05:41 PM)
the sport has basically given the "ok" to hacks to take out their stars by the addition on the instigator rule.

and how can you say his head is broken when you think this will start the motion of banning fights in NHL games?

bingo.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 03:54 PM)
If you think a sport that has seen it's brightest star succumb to concussion is going to continue to allow talentless hacks to get in bloody duels on the ice, your head is broken.

Not relevant. He didn't get a concussion from a fight.

I don't think my head is broken for thinking the league will continue to allow fighting. Do you want to revisit this in a year? 5? 10? I think it's still there.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 07:26 PM)
Not relevant. He didn't get a concussion from a fight.

I don't think my head is broken for thinking the league will continue to allow fighting. Do you want to revisit this in a year? 5? 10? I think it's still there.

I'd bet it's gone by 2014/2015.