2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 11:13 PM)
I'm looking for a word that means soft x100

Missed the first two periods and did not know about Hossa until overtime but did realize he was out. The Hawks looked soft the entire time I watched. They are struggling greatly to clear the zone.

Torres should be done for the playoffs but will most likely get 4 games.

That 1st period was like the most intense atmosphere I've ever felt at the UC, I thought people were gonna charge the ice. Then the roof almost blew off when Kane scored. But for the rest of the game, it was much quieter, I think the Coyotes had something to do with that. It still just feels like they are playing way harder than the Hawks.

Glad to see Hossa is doing better, but of course they still call it just an "upper body" injury. We have talked enough s*** about Shanahan, but I wouldn't be worried about him screwing up the Torres decision. Illegal hit, a history of suspensions, and Hoss went to the hospital. It's the perfect trifecta of circumstances.

According to the Coyotes' TV color guy, Torres' assault of Hossa was "as clean a hit as you're going to get:"

http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/latest/Hossa...ed-off?tw_p=twt

Add that to the long list of things associated with the state of Arizona that are just completely f***ed up.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 09:43 AM)
According to the Coyotes' TV color guy, Torres' assault of Hossa was "as clean a hit as you're going to get:"

http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/latest/Hossa...ed-off?tw_p=twt

Add that to the long list of things associated with the state of Arizona that are just completely f***ed up.

Apparently that is Tyson Nash FWIW.

According to Chris Kuc's twitter...Torres' hearing in person. Should be more than 5 games.

Also, if they really want to stop players/teams from dirty hits, suspend the player AND the opposing player. If Hossa is out for 5 games, the Coyotes 2nd line RW is ALSO out 5 games. That'll end it quick.

(yes, I know that will never happen)

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 11:48 AM)
According to Chris Kuc's twitter...Torres' hearing in person. Should be more than 5 games.

Also, if they really want to stop players/teams from dirty hits, suspend the player AND the opposing player. If Hossa is out for 5 games, the Coyotes 2nd line RW is ALSO out 5 games. That'll end it quick.

(yes, I know that will never happen)

I'm not sure I can think of a more unfair way of doing it, than what you just suggested. lol.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 11:43 AM)
I'm not sure I can think of a more unfair way of doing it, than what you just suggested. lol.

It is unfair...and extreme. I know it won't happen, but just think of the ramifications. If the league really wanted to do away with hits like that...boarding, targeting the head...this would be an incredibly extreme method, but probably pretty damn effective in the long run.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 18, 2012 -> 12:10 PM)
It is unfair...and extreme. I know it won't happen, but just think of the ramifications. If the league really wanted to do away with hits like that...boarding, targeting the head...this would be an incredibly extreme method, but probably pretty damn effective in the long run.

Or starting having teams forfeit games. I guarantee that players would think twice if the result of their actions is a loss.