2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niklas Hjalmarsson could be traded. Maybe Stalberg.

I don't see guys like Keith, Seabrook or Kane getting traded. Unless you are planing on completely rebuilding. Why you would trade those 3 guys is beyond me.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 09:31 AM)
Hawks can't get a RFA this summer due to not enough draft picks. (from the Oduya deal) Schneider would be amazing, but Hawks have to go to the UFA route. Perhaps a guy like Montoya if they trade Crawford.

I thought the Oduya picks were next year and not 2012.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 12:52 PM)
I'd drive Seabrook to the f***ing airport myself if they could unload him.

Whoa, can't disagree more. He was our best defenseman by a mile this year.

I'd say the 3 names who are most in danger of being traded are Sharp, Hjalmarsson and Stalberg.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 01:20 PM)
I'd say the 3 names who are most in danger of being traded are Sharp, Hjalmarsson and Stalberg.

I would agree on those three. Possibly Kane, but I think Stan would have to be blown out of the water for that to happen. And Rock, I can't believe you think Seabrook is that bad. He was the most consistent d-man this year. Was there anything specific you saw?

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)
I would agree on those three. Possibly Kane, but I think Stan would have to be blown out of the water for that to happen. And Rock, I can't believe you think Seabrook is that bad. He was the most consistent d-man this year. Was there anything specific you saw?

It would be tough to trade Kane. You'd have to get a top 5 goalie.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)

Repeated giveaways every game I watched. Keith had some as well but overall he was much better than Seabrook was all season. I would gladly remove him from the lineup as well as his salary for what he brings to the team.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
Repeated giveaways every game I watched. Keith had some as well but overall he was much better than Seabrook was all season. I would gladly remove him from the lineup as well as his salary for what he brings to the team.

I don't think is nearly the player he was 2 years ago. He has looked pretty shaky recently. I thought Seabs actually played pretty well this year, especially in the playoffs.

Im not sure if anyone is being considered an "undercard". I can really only find information on Wisconsin- Minnesota (as that conceivably is the bigger game as its between 2 teams who have 11 NCAA championships between them).

Supposedly Wisconsin is getting paid between $200-$250k to come (Wisconsin has one of the largest hockey stadiums of any NCAA team, Kohl Center holds 15,325) where as Notre Dame can only hold 5,000, Ohio 2,850 and Minnesota 9,305.

From all accounts they are relying on a large Wisconsin turn out because Wisconsin sells out 15k and its replacing a home Wisconsin game (hence the payment to Wisconsin).

Im sure that as its Chicago there will be a good amount of ND fans, ND hockey just isnt really comparable to Wisconsin though. I guess Im just not sure if the noon game or the late game is the "undercard".

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)
Im not sure if anyone is being considered an "undercard". I can really only find information on Wisconsin- Minnesota (as that conceivably is the bigger game as its between 2 teams who have 11 NCAA championships between them).

Supposedly Wisconsin is getting paid between $200-$250k to come (Wisconsin has one of the largest hockey stadiums of any NCAA team, Kohl Center holds 15,325) where as Notre Dame can only hold 5,000, Ohio 2,850 and Minnesota 9,305.

From all accounts they are relying on a large Wisconsin turn out because Wisconsin sells out 15k and its replacing a home Wisconsin game (hence the payment to Wisconsin).

Im sure that as its Chicago there will be a good amount of ND fans, ND hockey just isnt really comparable to Wisconsin though. I guess Im just not sure if the noon game or the late game is the "undercard".

I was just giving you a hard time for slighting the other game. That being said, since 2007, Miami & Notre Dame have been much more successful than Wisco or Minny.