2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:11 PM)
Overall, I agree. Those who are coming out of the woodwork over these latest pictures are late to the "party." I noted Buffalo as part of a pattern in an earlier post.

I know here and other places it isn't like this is the first mention of Kane's drunken stupidity. There was plenty of grief over all of the instances (Cup, Buffalo, Limo)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)
One bad season at age 23 after having wrist surgery and being jerked around spots inthe lineup???

He looked like a shell of himself this year, doesn't matter what position he was at. Also, age 23 doesn't help your cause, as he should be improving from 20/21.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)
I know here and other places it isn't like this is the first mention of Kane's drunken stupidity. There was plenty of grief over all of the instances (Cup, Buffalo, Limo)

What concern was there over the limo picture, do you even remember the OTHER players that were there with him? How come they arent in question? I'm sure I can find drunken pictures of Toews, because he didnt have an alleged incident with a cab driver its all good for him?

FYI, the players were out at the Pony inn after they won the cup, I have first hand knowledge how f***ed up the team was other than Kane, but of course not alot of pictures from that event, so Kane is forever known as the only player who got drunk after they won the cup even though half of those guys stayed up ALL NIGHT drinking.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:40 PM)
What concern was there over the limo picture, do you even remember the OTHER players that were there with him? How come they arent in question? I'm sure I can find drunken pictures of Toews, because he didnt have an alleged incident with a cab driver its all good for him?

FYI, the players were out at the Pony inn after they won the cup, I have first hand knowledge how f***ed up the team was other than Kane, but of course not alot of pictures from that event, so Kane is forever known as the only player who got drunk after they won the cup even though half of those guys stayed up ALL NIGHT drinking.

Because this is now the 4th time for Kane he has made the media because of his drunken stupidity.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:41 PM)
Because this is now the 4th time for Kane he has made the media because of his drunken stupidity.

So they have to be in the media to be a problem, ok

FYI

Burish has a drinking problem right? 8am drunk, driving with an open container after being up all night. Why isnt this an issue with you?

Heres half the team partying like morons

Toews 8am leaving the bar

Toews drinking underage:

jonathan-toews-beer-bong.jpg

Thats two times in the "media" for the captain, how many more till you establish he has a drinking problem?

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:07 PM)
His point production has dropped each of the last two years, and is down 25% from two years ago.

This past season was kind of bad, yes. But the year after the Cup, he was on a similar point pace, had a knee injury that cost him 8 games, and lets be honest, the whole team was missing a beat after the long Cup run.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:47 PM)
So they have to be in the media to be a problem, ok

FYI

Burish has a drinking problem right? 8am drunk, driving with an open container after being up all night. Why isnt this an issue with you?

Heres half the team partying like morons

Toews 8am leaving the bar

Toews drinking underage:

jonathan-toews-beer-bong.jpg

Thats two times in the "media" for the captain, how many more till you establish he has a drinking problem?

Look dude, I know you will do anything to excuse his behavior here. But this isn't just me. This is has been all over the papers and radio, and not just in Chicago. How many other players can say that? False equivalencies don't change that. A lot of people think he has a problem. His team won't even publicly stand by him anymore.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)
He looked like a shell of himself this year, doesn't matter what position he was at. Also, age 23 doesn't help your cause, as he should be improving from 20/21.

But the only excuse is alcohol & partying, right? No way his wrist injury affected him, or the position changes, or just had an off year which happens. He had his lowest shooting percentage of his career, which luck can play a certain factor into.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:52 PM)
Look dude, I know you will do anything to excuse his behavior here. But this isn't just me. This is has been all over the papers and radio, and not just in Chicago. How many other players can say that? False equivalencies don't change that. A lot of people think he has a problem. His team won't even publicly stand by him anymore.

Thats funny that you think I am "excusing" his behavior. You are basing your entire judgement on who is reported on radio and the paper instead of facts. If player A has 4 pictures of him drunk and player B has 4 pictures of him drunk you are saying the one that is in the paper more has a serious substance abuse problem, thats ridiculous and hilarious at the same time. There are plenty of other athletes with pictures of them drunk out there, and yet Kane is the one being reported on, why do you think that is?

The bolded simply isnt true, they dont need to "stand by him" for something that was legal (drinking) and mostly false (the other bulls***). If something controversial came out of it they would release a statement but as of now this website has more hits on this subject that anywhere else in the world.

And also if something finally comes out and shows the kid choking or beating a woman or doing something illegal ill jump right into the fact he needs some schooling on how to be a man first and a blackhawk second, but at this point it just looks like an easy target getting picked on.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
Thats funny that you think I am "excusing" his behavior. You are basing your entire judgement on who is reported on radio and the paper instead of facts. If player A has 4 pictures of him drunk and player B has 4 pictures of him drunk you are saying the one that is in the paper more has a serious substance abuse problem, thats ridiculous and hilarious at the same time. There are plenty of other athletes with pictures of them drunk out there, and yet Kane is the one being reported on, why do you think that is?

The bolded simply isnt true, they dont need to "stand by him" for something that was legal (drinking) and mostly false (the other bulls***). If something controversial came out of it they would release a statement but as of now this website has more hits on this subject that anywhere else in the world.

And also if something finally comes out and shows the kid choking or beating a woman or doing something illegal ill jump right into the fact he needs some schooling on how to be a man first and a blackhawk second, but at this point it just looks like an easy target getting picked on.

And you are basing it on the assumption that everyone is lying and you are the only one who can see through it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:47 PM)
Drinking at a party=habitual drug user and addict

Gotcha

Ummm pretty certain Fleury was quite the drinker himself.. not that being a drinker will make you a drug head.. but they are both guys who only gave a damn about partying and playing.

As it goes though.. Kane is a 23 yr old partying.. as long as he keeps his s*** together and plays.. I couldn't careless if he is a drunkard.. he isn't the 1st to do this and won't be the last

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2012 -> 06:10 PM)
And you are basing it on the assumption that everyone is lying and you are the only one who can see through it.

LOL, who is everyone? Give me the name of someone.

Every story out there even in the trib is citing Deadspin, and its only references are anonymous postings on their website/messageboard. If there was even one actual source I would believe it, but there isnt. Therefore, I dont.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ May 15, 2012 -> 06:15 PM)
Ummm pretty certain Fleury was quite the drinker himself.. not that being a drinker will make you a drug head.. but they are both guys who only gave a damn about partying and playing.

As it goes though.. Kane is a 23 yr old partying.. as long as he keeps his s*** together and plays.. I couldn't careless if he is a drunkard.. he isn't the 1st to do this and won't be the last

Not to split hairs, but Fleury was a drug addict, he spent a night on the west side of Chicago doing drugs with homeless people. Kane is a long way from that.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 06:22 PM)
LOL, who is everyone? Give me the name of someone.

Every story out there even in the trib is citing Deadspin, and its only references are anonymous postings on their website/messageboard. If there was even one actual source I would believe it, but there isnt. Therefore, I dont.

And without being there, you know better.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2012 -> 06:26 PM)
And without being there, you know better.

Well at least now I know you havent read any of my posts otherwise you would have seen that I am basing my judgement of the story off the the actual evidence which is photos of the guy drunk, but not doing anything other than smiling, walking and at one point, sleeping.

So much for this discussion. Maybe we'll get another story soon.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2012 -> 08:50 PM)
Well at least now I know you havent read any of my posts otherwise you would have seen that I am basing my judgement of the story off the the actual evidence which is photos of the guy drunk, but not doing anything other than smiling, walking and at one point, sleeping.

So much for this discussion. Maybe we'll get another story soon.

The evidence, as you want to see it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 15, 2012 -> 05:58 PM)
But the only excuse is alcohol & partying, right? No way his wrist injury affected him, or the position changes, or just had an off year which happens. He had his lowest shooting percentage of his career, which luck can play a certain factor into.

Not only excuse. But it shouldn't factor in at all, that's the problem.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 16, 2012 -> 12:07 AM)
How do you know it is factoring in?

How do you know that it's not? We can play this game forever.

However he came into camp last year out of shape and not ready, and I know people within the organization that have talked about his drinking habits, including nights before games. Again, they were hesitant to sign him to a long term contract because of it.

If the Hawks think it's that big of a problem, it is, regardless of what any of us think.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 16, 2012 -> 11:21 AM)
How do you know that it's not? We can play this game forever.

However he came into camp last year out of shape and not ready, and I know people within the organization that have talked about his drinking habits, including nights before games. Again, they were hesitant to sign him to a long term contract because of it.

If the Hawks think it's that big of a problem, it is, regardless of what any of us think.

The same Hawks who still have not talked about this latest incident.