2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 08:21 AM)
Florida gave Tomas Kopecky a FOUR year, $12M contract (yes, that's $3M per)!!

Holy s***, Tallon loves throwin money away!!

They were massively under the salary floor and pretty much have to spend like they are the Yankees.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
Wiz's rights traded to COL. Some rumors about the Blackhawks being very interested in Jan Hejda. Also potentially TJ Oshie.

Oshie would be real nice. Very talented and a solid two-way player. He would fit very well on the Hawks and only 24. Hejda seems like he would be a decent third-line defender. But he is a RFA and St. Louis has a ton of cap room. Can't imagine the Hawks would offer something St. Louis wouldn't match. And no way they let him go in-division like that.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 07:29 AM)
Too often actually. I can get what they do by going to Soxtalk and listening to people scream at each other.

Well "no substance" is purely false. They know what the hell they are talking about.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 02:08 PM)
Wiz's rights traded to COL. Some rumors about the Blackhawks being very interested in Jan Hejda. Also potentially TJ Oshie.

COL? I know you mean Columbus, but Columbus' 3 letter abbreviation is CBJ, while Colorado's is COL.

I'm starting to think the 'Hawks will just bring up Lalonde as their extra D-man. I've heard they like Kaberle, but I wouldn't want to pay him $3.5m+ for 3-4 years.

I've also heard they like Mike Rupp, Matt Bradley, and the previously-mentioned-in-this-thread Jan Hejda.

I wouldn't mind Mike Rupp. 9 goals, 6'5 230 4th line C, and had 130+ PIM last year. They need size, badly.

Holy hell the madness has begun.

Parise to the Canucks for Schneider, Hodgson and Samuelsson plus a 2012 2nd rounder, per Bob Mackenzie.

Hawks acquire the negotiating rights of Steve Montador for a conditional 7th round pick, per the Buffalo Sabres. Apparently we flipped the pick we got from FLA for Kopecky. If we can sign him to an affordable deal, major win.

Montador is a solid d-man, shot blocker. 20 points last yr, +16. Played about 20 minutes a game.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
Holy hell the madness has begun.

Parise to the Canucks for Schneider, Hodgson and Samuelsson plus a 2012 2nd rounder, per Bob Mackenzie.

Hawks acquire the negotiating rights of Steve Montador for a conditional 7th round pick, per the Buffalo Sabres. Apparently we flipped the pick we got from FLA for Kopecky. If we can sign him to an affordable deal, major win.

Wow is right. All though I am not sure if I am Vancouver, I am leaving Loserongo out on an island by himself right now.

Bob McKenzie

@TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

Regarding VAN radio report on Parise to Canucks: fantasy. Someone's over-active imagination. Don't believe they're even talking at this pt.

8 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® Favorite Retweet Reply

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
Someone with NHL knowledge should know this answer.

Is George Laraque an UFA, and if so, is he a viable option for the Blackhawks? How's his skating??

Thanks.

I'll answer the 2nd question first: he's a bad skater and a bad hockey player, therefore, I don't even have the willingness to look up his contract status because if he is available, I want him nowhere near Chicago.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 10:24 PM)
Montador seems like a good, defensive defenseman. Good to have a veteran like that. Still makes me curious though as the Hawks really need to add a puck-moving defender like Campbell was unless they really think Leddy can pick up the slack.

This may have something to do with the Campoli negotiations. Perhaps he wants too much?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
This may have something to do with the Campoli negotiations. Perhaps he wants too much?

It would definitely seem that way, or the John Scott news was all crap. Based on how we ended the season last year, the Hawks may be content with Keith/Leddy, Seabrook/Hjalmarrson, Campoli/Montador.

I'll answer the 2nd question first: he's a bad skater and a bad hockey player, therefore, I don't even have the willingness to look up his contract status because if he is available, I want him nowhere near Chicago.

Got it, thanks whitesoxbrian.

I was looking at Georgie for his toughness, but if he can't skate/doesn't have a good hockey IQ, I'm with ya.

Mike Rupp anyone??

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
Bob McKenzie

@TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

Regarding VAN radio report on Parise to Canucks: fantasy. Someone's over-active imagination. Don't believe they're even talking at this pt.

8 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® Favorite Retweet Reply

Ya, seems that it was completely fabricated. Parise can't even be traded until after his arbitration hearing anyway.

Take this with a gigantic, humungous grain of salt, but Ekland said: "Then I was told Chicago...who has been very quiet after freeing up money with the Campbell trade, was suddenly part of not only the Parise rumor, but possibly was putting an offer sheet together for Stamkos."

Either of these would be absolutely insane.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 12:00 AM)
Take this with a gigantic, humungous grain of salt, but Ekland said: "Then I was told Chicago...who has been very quiet after freeing up money with the Campbell trade, was suddenly part of not only the Parise rumor, but possibly was putting an offer sheet together for Stamkos."

Pfffffft. I just can't see that happening.

Well that or teams have been giving up late round picks to get their guy before they hit FA. (Ehrhoff, Wiz, etc..)

Toews as a second line center... wowza. Kane can do exactly what St. Louis is doing for Stamkos too as a playmaking RW. Hell, Parise would just be golden by himself, especially with the Hawks loaded with prospect depth. Ok let me not get ahead of myself.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 02:18 AM)
Well that or teams have been giving up late round picks to get their guy before they hit FA. (Ehrhoff, Wiz, etc..)

Toews as a second line center... wowza. Kane can do exactly what St. Louis is doing for Stamkos too as a playmaking RW. Hell, Parise would just be golden by himself, especially with the Hawks loaded with prospect depth. Ok let me not get ahead of myself.

Hypothetically, how would you stack your lines?

Kane/Stamkos/Sharp

Bickell/Toews/Hossa

Frolik/Bolland/Smith

That top line is lethal offensively, but you also have an elite two-way line and a top checking line with offensive talent. Wow.

It would take a month to get the stain out of my pants if we got Stamkos.