2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)
Versteegiak to Chicago South, aka the Panthers, for a 2nd & 3rd rounder

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 03:05 PM)
Kris Versteeg acquired by the Panthers. Blackhawks South is now Florida what with the Thrashers headed north!

Well done, sir!

We look like this so far:

Kane-Toews-Smith

Brunette-Sharp-Hossa

Bickell-Bolland-FA (Hopefully Frolik)

Morin-Kruger-Stalberg(if re-signed)-Myers-Maclean-Olesz-Beach

Keith-Seabrook

Hammer-Montador

Leddy-O'Donnell

Crawford

Salak

Looks like a lot of competition for the fourth line. Wonder what other moves Stan has up his sleeve? Hopefully re-sign Frolik soon.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
f*** off he's my boy. Haha.

Have his authentic red. Ever see that at a game, it's me, say hello.

LOL, pretty funny. I'm the guy in the authentic white. No joke.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 04:27 PM)
FWIW, Tallon is killing is today. Upshall, Fleischmann, Theodore, and Jovo. Wow.

The Panthers are not gonna be bottom dwellers next season thats for sure. I think Fleischmann, if healthy, is the biggest steal out of anybody so far. I love the Brunette signing for the Hawks. He might be a bit old and slow, but he is still the playmaking LW that the Hawks lacked to pair with snipers Sharp and Hossa.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 05:54 PM)
Eh. I guess you need one of those guys on your team.

They have him, Jamal Mayers (although he's not as frequent with the penalties as Carcillo). John Scott had better be gone, Carcillo had better be a healthy scratch a large part of the time, and another move hopefully is coming. This team has one (maybe two) too many guys that are just big and take penalties up front, and one too few scoring forwards. Not a good sign for a team that wasn't great at scoring 5 on 5 last year and was horrid on the PK. Liked the Brunette move (he's an upgrade over Brouwer IMO), and the Mayers one is fine and I get, but I hope a deal is coming. IMO, Stalberg needs to be out and one more skilled forward needs to be in. I give the team a C for today, very average performance by Bowman. Hopefully Montador and Brunette work out like we hope and expect, they're basically the skill replacements for Campbell and Brouwer as of now. If that happens, Mayers is Scott's replacement as the big forward who fights, and Carcillo is a healthy scratch most of the time, it's fine. Although, I still think the team is one scoring forward short.

Edited by whitesoxfan101