2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 06:59 PM)
They have him, Jamal Mayers (although he's not as frequent with the penalties as Carcillo). John Scott had better be gone, Carcillo had better be a healthy scratch a large part of the time, and another move hopefully is coming. This team has one (maybe two) too many guys that are just big and take penalties up front, and one too few scoring forwards. Not a good sign for a team that wasn't great at scoring 5 on 5 last year and was horrid on the PK. Liked the Brunette move (he's an upgrade over Brouwer IMO), and the Mayers one is fine and I get, but I hope a deal is coming. IMO, Stalberg needs to be out and one more skilled forward needs to be in. I give the team a C for today, very average performance by Bowman. Hopefully Montador and Brunette work out like we hope and expect, they're basically the skill replacements for Campbell and Brouwer as of now. If that happens, Mayers is Scott's replacement as the big forward who fights, and Carcillo is a healthy scratch most of the time, it's fine. Although, I still think the team is one scoring forward short.

I was a-ok until they signed that assclown Carcillo.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 06:29 PM)

Coach Q isn't going to put up with his penalties, thus I don't see how he lasts very long on this roster. If he can get John Scott out of town, signing him might be worth it for that reason alone. I'm just worried they have plans for some goon line with Scott/Mayers/Carcillo and all three are on the teams. Which could keep people like Smith and/or Morin, who, you know, actually have talent, in Rockford.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

If this Carcillo signing means anything, it means nobody will ever f*** with the 'Hawks again. It's for 1 year, it's for very little money, and he's going to make sure (along with Mayers, Scott, and O'Donnell) that Raffi Torres, or anyone, never f***s with Seabrook, or any Hawk, again.

What would it take to get Stephen Weiss from Florida as their 2nd or 3rd C?

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 10:18 PM)
If this Carcillo signing means anything, it means nobody will ever f*** with the 'Hawks again. It's for 1 year, it's for very little money, and he's going to make sure (along with Mayers, Scott, and O'Donnell) that Raffi Torres, or anyone, never f***s with Seabrook, or any Hawk, again.

What would it take to get Stephen Weiss from Florida as their 2nd or 3rd C?

I personally think the Hawks are content to go with Toews, Sharp, Bolland and Mayers/Kruger as their four centers. Carcillo hopefully will just play in games against physical teams. He certainly is not good enough to play every game, but could be useful against the Vancouvers of the NHL.

I, like most, was pretty happy until I saw the Carcillo signing. If I was to guess (and I'm sure we have 10 of these by now)...

Kane - Toews - Brunette

Smith - Sharp - Hossa

Olesz - Bolland - Bickell

Mayers - Kruger - Carcillo

Keith Seabrook

Montador Hjalmarsson

O'Donnell Leddy

In this scenario, McLean and Scott are your extra skaters.

Hopefully we can resign Frolik, bump Olesz down to the 4th line, and get Carcillo out of the everyday skaters. Then maybe re-sign Campoli, which makes O'Donnell the 7th d-man and elimated John Scott.

Fingers crossed.

This makes me shake my head......

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 12:35 AM)
I, like most, was pretty happy until I saw the Carcillo signing. If I was to guess (and I'm sure we have 10 of these by now)...

Kane - Toews - Brunette

Smith - Sharp - Hossa

Olesz - Bolland - Bickell

Mayers - Kruger - Carcillo

Keith Seabrook

Montador Hjalmarsson

O'Donnell Leddy

In this scenario, McLean and Scott are your extra skaters.

Hopefully we can resign Frolik, bump Olesz down to the 4th line, and get Carcillo out of the everyday skaters. Then maybe re-sign Campoli, which makes O'Donnell the 7th d-man and elimated John Scott.

Fingers crossed.

This makes me shake my head......

I got the impression, agree or disagree, that Mayers may be the 4th center with Kruger not on the team. If that happens, I'd agree with your lines (assuming Frolik is back) except I think Mayers will be the C4, and HOPEFULLY Morin is on the team with John Scott being told to go ***k himself. If that happens, and Carcillo is an extra skater that doesn't play much, I won't be as angry.

I am hoping more moves are coming though since this team is a legitimate forward short. Acquiring one seems quite possible too since that free agency craziness is going to lead to some teams having cap problems. My first thought, with Brad Richards going to the Rangers, is go get Brandon Dubinsky.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

There's also a video out there of Mayers vs Montador. :lol:

According to Sassone's twitter, Habs and Hawks are talking trade. The only name he has heard is Travis Moen. Uh, Travis Moen sucks. I'd much rather find a way to get Plekanec but that's probably impossible.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
It's going to be difficult for me to not hate this guy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 07:29 PM)

I loved their FA moves until I saw the Carcillo signing. It's one thing to be a fighter, another to be a d-bag. As long they still keep Frolik & Campoli, & extend Sharp, I can take Carcillo if he protects Taser.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 12:51 AM)
I loved their FA moves until I saw the Carcillo signing. It's one thing to be a fighter, another to be a d-bag. As long they still keep Frolik & Campoli, & extend Sharp, I can take Carcillo if he protects Taser.

Going by signings and the words of Hawks beat writers and Bowman's words, signing Frolik AND Campoli is going to be very difficult.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
Going by signings and the words of Hawks beat writers and Bowman's words, signing Frolik AND Campoli is going to be very difficult.

Give me Frolik and I'll be happy. Montador and O'Donnell solidified the D.

I would have traded Sharpie for Heatley :ph34r:

EDIT: Actually not. I think this team has purged too many of its core guys. Sharpie is a voice in the locker room and his offensive/defensive performance has remained consistent. Sharpie is also a big time cutie.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
I would have traded Sharpie for Heatley :ph34r:

EDIT: Actually not. I think this team has purged too many of its core guys. Sharpie is a voice in the locker room and his offensive/defensive performance has remained consistent. Sharpie is also a big time cutie.

Not to mention a much better player and paid a crap ton less.

Andrew Ladd got a 5-year, $22 million dollar contract extension ($4.4 million cap hit). That's A LOT of money for him. I really like him as a second-line player with solid defensive skills, but looks like a bit of an overpay. But he is young still, so he could continue to improve.

Regardless, good for him. I really liked him as a player.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 04:33 PM)
Andrew Ladd got a 5-year, $22 million dollar contract extension ($4.4 million cap hit). That's A LOT of money for him. I really like him as a second-line player with solid defensive skills, but looks like a bit of an overpay. But he is young still, so he could continue to improve.

Regardless, good for him. I really liked him as a player.

I think that's fair money, really. He's the captain of that franchise and had almost 60 points last year.

Ugh, he and big buff playing elsewhere drives me nuts. Damn salary cap.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 04:55 PM)
I think that's fair money, really. He's the captain of that franchise and had almost 60 points last year.

Ugh, he and big buff playing elsewhere drives me nuts. Damn salary cap.

I agree with all that 100%. Ladd was the one player I missed the most after the roster was purged, think his absence hurt them the most.