2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 08:16 AM)

With Stalberg & Smith getting healthy, you kind of saw this coming. It was a great experience for the kid and I'm sure he will be playing in the Indian sweater for many years.

Heading to my first game of the year tonight, will be cool to see Buffs, Ladd, & Winnipeg make a return to the UC. Hopefully they lose 5-1 again.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 12:29 AM)
I'm not going to say Bolland is our best player, because he's obviously not. But, I do think he's the Blackhawks most important player.

No. NO NO NO.

He's important for the third line, as I stated. He's not the Blackhawks' most-important player. Toews, Hossa, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Sharp are all obviously more important players.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
Emery in net tonight. He's gotta be better than Turco/Huet, right?

It was amazing how big of a flop Huet was. I did think Turco would be a better fit for the Hawks than he was. I figured his ability to handle the puck would play right into the Hawks offense. I had no idea how far Marty's skills had deteriorated in his last couple years in dallas.

The Hawks looked absolutely fantastic tonight. The puck movement was phenomenal. Quenneville is the "3 games in Coach of the Year" for putting Hossa and Kaner together. They were making some magic tonight.

Frolik + Bolland is becoming deadly on that third line. This team (if it can stay relatively healthy) is just going to be flat-out lethal this season. We're talking WCF minimum.

Just got back from the game & I co-sign everything Steve said. They started out slow for the first 10 minutes or so, but after that they were on fire and clearly showed they were the much better team. I am really liking the Brunette addition as well. It's also good to know that if Emery looks shaky again, there is a youngster waiting in the wings.

HOCKEY!!!! :headbang

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 10:33 PM)
The Hawks looked absolutely fantastic tonight. The puck movement was phenomenal. Quenneville is the "3 games in Coach of the Year" for putting Hossa and Kaner together. They were making some magic tonight.

Frolik + Bolland is becoming deadly on that third line. This team (if it can stay relatively healthy) is just going to be flat-out lethal this season. We're talking WCF minimum.

It was fun to watch Carcillo on that line too. He just went out and hit everything in sight. I don't think anyone made a run at Kane or Hossa the whole night, which is a very nice change.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 10:33 PM)

aka playing Kane at center. And apparently it was Stan Bowman's idea to move him there and also to play him with Hossa and Car Bomb.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
Kane actually winning faceoffs was not what I expected.

I am not sure how the Carcillo thing will play out but for one night it looked really good.

The Kaner rant to the fans was good after the game.

Yeah, I think when the flashed the stat, he was like 8/11. The guy is just dripping with talent, it is just a matter of getting it out of him.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
Kane actually winning faceoffs was not what I expected.

I am not sure how the Carcillo thing will play out but for one night it looked really good.

The Kaner rant to the fans was good after the game.

What did he say? I never stay for the 3 stars or interview after the game.

It's going to be fun watching Hossa this year. He's rested, finally. He's on a line with a major young talent and an enforcer. He rubbed some Jets off the puck last night that just made them look stupid. That's the Hoss we signed for a gazillion years and hope we continue to see.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)
Pretty much all of them. Which one are you looking at? Every bar on Madison will.

I've never been to any of them before. But I'm going to the game on Saturday night, and a buddy wants to drive to the bar for pre-game food/drinks, then shuttle over to the game. Which do you recommend?

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 09:54 AM)
I've never been to any of them before. But I'm going to the game on Saturday night, and a buddy wants to drive to the bar for pre-game food/drinks, then shuttle over to the game. Which do you recommend?

Theres really only a handful of bars over in the area:

West End: Extremely crowded all the time, closest to stadium

Beer Bistro-Small and usually busy

Third Rail-The smallest

Crossroads-My pick, large and usually not that crowded, very good food

Ethyl's-Stanleys old space, very upscale bar food, all beers in cans, wide selection

Union Park-Ghetto

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 11:49 AM)
Theres really only a handful of bars over in the area:

West End: Extremely crowded all the time, closest to stadium

Beer Bistro-Small and usually busy

Third Rail-The smallest

Crossroads-My pick, large and usually not that crowded, very good food

Ethyl's-Stanleys old space, very upscale bar food, all beers in cans, wide selection

Union Park-Ghetto

Thanks for the info, Rock.