2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)
And at worst, that is a main route (Madison) for the CTA buses. They drop you off literally at the front door of the UC.

RIght, route 20, you can see when they are coming on your smart phone. Dont park in my f***ing neighborhood though jerk offs!!!!!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 18, 2011 -> 11:13 PM)
This isnt the same Carcillo I saw in Philly

He's actually a very nice player to have if he can stay away from stupid penalties. The reason I was against the signing this summer was I didn't think that's possible, but after watching him a few games, I have reasonable hope the Hawks have drilled that into his head enough that he'll be able to.

I don't think I can emphasize how well the Hawks played tonight. Phoenix isn't some group of bums, and outside of a defensive brainfart in front of the net and a Duncan Keith blowout, the Coyotes showed no signs all night. The power play has not looked as in tune as I'd like to see, but even there I have hope as Brunette really seems willing to accept the role as traffic guy in front. Very pleased with the first five games for the Hawks. They came out a little slow at Dallas and had a bad 3rd period against Boston, but that's about it.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 18, 2011 -> 11:13 PM)
This isnt the same Carcillo I saw in Philly

I think he is going to win over alot of Hawks fan hearts (especially Steve and JoeCool since they hate him the most here) when this year is all said and done.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 04:45 AM)
Carcillo, while he is kind of a meat head... he serves a big purpose. He will make it tougher on teams to take free shots at Toews and Kane... unlike previous seasons to where teams could beat the crap out of them and never pay a price for it...

It is really nice to see no one taking liberties with Kane and Hossa right now. I have really enjoyed watching Kane get to skate more this year because guys are afraid to make a run at him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)
It is really nice to see no one taking liberties with Kane and Hossa right now.

Yup. I have no complaints with how this team is playing or with anyone on the roster (though I'm shocked to see Kruger getting ice time). The team can hurt you offensively from 3 different lines, and I think the offense is stronger than two seasons ago. Hossa is healthy, Kaner is stronger, and Bolland is hopefully healthy. I about s*** myself when Bolland went into the goalpost last night, but he bounced back up. Hopefully his back issues are behind him for good.

At one point the Hawks were outshooting the 'yotes 25-8 last night and only up 3-2, so it was nice to see them pull away.

More, please!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 09:17 AM)
Yup. I have no complaints with how this team is playing or with anyone on the roster (though I'm shocked to see Kruger getting ice time). The team can hurt you offensively from 3 different lines, and I think the offense is stronger than two seasons ago. Hossa is healthy, Kaner is stronger, and Bolland is hopefully healthy. I about s*** myself when Bolland went into the goalpost last night, but he bounced back up. Hopefully his back issues are behind him for good.

At one point the Hawks were outshooting the 'yotes 25-8 last night and only up 3-2, so it was nice to see them pull away.

More, please!

And hopefully with the depth they can roll 3 to 4 lines most of the nights instead of having to shorten things up. Plus they still have more depth in their scratches and at Rockford. I am very optimistic about this season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 09:26 AM)
And hopefully with the depth they can roll 3 to 4 lines most of the nights instead of having to shorten things up. Plus they still have more depth in their scratches and at Rockford. I am very optimistic about this season.

Yeah. From the early on, this team looks stronger than the Cup Champs. A lot can happen, though. I will certainly say that Carcillo has impressed me, as he certainly has more talent than I expected (come on, who didn't write him off as he was one of the biggest detriments to the Flyers in the Finals two seasons ago?). It is nice seeing players not so willing to take liberties with our top players.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 09:29 AM)
Yeah. From the early on, this team looks stronger than the Cup Champs. A lot can happen, though. I will certainly say that Carcillo has impressed me, as he certainly has more talent than I expected (come on, who didn't write him off as he was one of the biggest detriments to the Flyers in the Finals two seasons ago?). It is nice seeing players not so willing to take liberties with our top players.

I was wondering how a guy like Carcillo would fit with a coach like Q who demands discipline. So far, he hasn't done anything stupid, which is a plus. Most of those guys have some level of talent, or they wouldn't have made it to the NHL It is just a matter of getting through to them that they have to stay within the system. So far CarBomb has been more of a CarAlarm.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 09:31 AM)
I was wondering how a guy like Carcillo would fit with a coach like Q who demands discipline. So far, he hasn't done anything stupid, which is a plus. Most of those guys have some level of talent, or they wouldn't have made it to the NHL It is just a matter of getting through to them that they have to stay within the system. So far CarBomb has been more of a CarAlarm.

He took a stupid tripping penalty last night, but those happen.

Anyone else notice our old friend Brian Campbell has racked up 7 assists in 5 games so for with Florida? I remember rumors of him being an exceptionally talented offensive defenseman, but he seemed to not play to his talents with us due to injury and better players around him, I guess.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 10:09 AM)
He took a stupid tripping penalty last night, but those happen.

I didnt see that. I saw the hooking penalty which was a great penalty to take and probably prevented a goal. I am actually surprised at how skilled he is with the puck.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 11:10 AM)
Anyone else notice our old friend Brian Campbell has racked up 7 assists in 5 games so for with Florida? I remember rumors of him being an exceptionally talented offensive defenseman, but he seemed to not play to his talents with us due to injury and better players around him, I guess.

Ohh....I have noticed.

Fantasy points. :wub:

But to be fair, 4 of those 7 assists came in 1 game. So that's 3 assists in his other 4 games. Still good, but not as shocking.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)
I didnt see that. I saw the hooking penalty which was a great penalty to take and probably prevented a goal. I am actually surprised at how skilled he is with the puck.

Big Hurt Beer may have been clouding my judgement.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 10:53 AM)
Big Hurt Beer may have been clouding my judgement.

Ah snap. Thats awesome. Do they have that s*** at Binny's?

I guess I was influenced by the pregame banter before game 2 in the stanley cup finals when all the media could talk about was Carcillo this Carcillo that, and really only were saying how he was a thug etc. If Q can keep him under control he actually plays a Buff-like role on the 2nd line.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
Ah snap. Thats awesome. Do they have that s*** at Binny's?

I guess I was influenced by the pregame banter before game 2 in the stanley cup finals when all the media could talk about was Carcillo this Carcillo that, and really only were saying how he was a thug etc. If Q can keep him under control he actually plays a Buff-like role on the 2nd line.

Yeah, Big Hurt Beer is at Binny's, $1.99 for a 24oz can @ 7%. Two will get you nice and drunk.

As for Carcillo, it's hard to forget something like this...

dan-carcillo-hits-jeff-carter-o.gif

Edited by Steve9347