2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 19, 2011 -> 04:34 PM)
Is it possible to get that stuff shipped? I don't know alcohol shipping laws.

If you order from a Binny's within your state, I think it's ok. Or, just find a nice relative who doesn't mind shipping and praying.

They are so much better than before and it sounds like they have great team chemistry. There are still a few lapses that let the other team in the game but I assume some of that is having alot of new guys still gelling. The PP could use some work.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)
They are so much better than before and it sounds like they have great team chemistry. There are still a few lapses that let the other team in the game but I assume some of that is having alot of new guys still gelling. The PP could use some work.

I'm telling everyone. Knock on wood for health, but this team is better than the one that won the Cup two years ago. I pray they stay healthy. They are f***ing relentless.

The whole attack is beautiful. With the puck in the zone, they are deadly and use every piece of open real estate. The team, as a whole (even Carcillo, who keeps impressing me) is utilizing Gretzky's Office so well, which keeps the goaltender off his game and makes the d-men work extra hard. That pass from Carcillo to Toews last night was a prime example.

As for the rush out of the zone; I'd feel bad for the other teams if it weren't the Hawks dominating them. You go for a line change? You better be ready for a 3 line pass to start another rush. I forget which d-man started a play last night (I think it was IKEA), but he launched the puck out of the zone on a designed play off a faceoff just outside the Hawks' blueline, which skipped off the boards and directly to a streaking Hossa right as he entered Avs territory for a 1-on-1 wrister and a spectacular reaction by Varlamov to keep it out of the net. As someone who has played ice hockey his entire life, making that kind of pass is ridiculous. The Blackhawks have such a unique combination of defensemen who can start a rush... it's magic.

If not for Varlamov standing on his head in the 2nd/3rd periods last night, the Hawks win a laugher.

/gushing

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 10:07 AM)
I'm telling everyone. Knock on wood for health, but this team is better than the one that won the Cup two years ago. I pray they stay healthy. They are f***ing relentless.

The whole attack is beautiful. With the puck in the zone, they are deadly and use every piece of open real estate. The team, as a whole (even Carcillo, who keeps impressing me) is utilizing Gretzky's Office so well, which keeps the goaltender off his game and makes the d-men work extra hard. That pass from Carcillo to Toews last night was a prime example.

As for the rush out of the zone; I'd feel bad for the other teams if it weren't the Hawks dominating them. You go for a line change? You better be ready for a 3 line pass to start another rush. I forget which d-man started a play last night (I think it was IKEA), but he launched the puck out of the zone on a designed play off a faceoff just outside the Hawks' blueline, which skipped off the boards and directly to a streaking Hossa right as he entered Avs territory for a 1-on-1 wrister and a spectacular reaction by Varlamov to keep it out of the net. As someone who has played ice hockey his entire life, making that kind of pass is ridiculous. The Blackhawks have such a unique combination of defensemen who can start a rush... it's magic.

If not for Varlamov standing on his head in the 2nd/3rd periods last night, the Hawks win a laugher.

/gushing

That stop he made in third period was just robbery. I rewatched it like 3 times on the DVR before they came back from commercial.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 10:11 AM)
That stop he made in third period was just robbery. I rewatched it like 3 times on the DVR before they came back from commercial.

They didn't trade a first round pick for nothing to get him (and a big gamble at that, since they were in the lottery last year). They are very high on the guy. Ridiculously athletic. And that reminds me, Kruger just can't buy a goal up here. :lol:

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)
They didn't trade a first round pick for nothing to get him (and a big gamble at that, since they were in the lottery last year). They are very high on the guy. Ridiculously athletic. And that reminds me, Kruger just can't buy a goal up here. :lol:

The kid was impressive, that is for sure. It is funny Pat and Eddie hardly talked about him, but he stole the show for Colorado last night. Chicago has five or six goals if most other goalies are in there. They spent all night talking about the other kid was the #2 pick overall, and he was hardly noticeable on the ice.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)
It was Hammer with the set play off the face off. Just awesome. This team has alot in common with the Cup Winning team from the back to the front. Hopefully we can stay healthy and Craw's groin doesnt flare up and force us to use Emery.

Hammer = IKEA

Yeah, if Craw missed a decent amount of time, you'd see Salak up here, as he's the superior goaltender, and the organization knows it.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
Lol seriously? Awesome. I liked the kid.

Maybe he lost the helper, but he had a natural hat trick and has 6 goals in 3 games.

http://www.bramptonguardian.com/sports/art...r-the-battalion

Nope, 5 points

In three games since being reassigned from the Chicago Blackhawks, Saad has six goals. He also notched an assist on the Spirit's fifth goal, scored by Ryan O'Connor, to finish with five points.
Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 10:37 AM)
Hammer = IKEA

Yeah, if Craw missed a decent amount of time, you'd see Salak up here, as he's the superior goaltender, and the organization knows it.

I'm fine with that too. This way you get more depth at the goalie position and Salak gets to start every day and adjust to NA hockey.