2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 21, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)
BTW, did anyone see Saad had 4 goals and a helper last night?

Had 4 points tonight. 1g, 3a

In 5 games.. he has 8 goals, 5 assist (13 points) Also a 5 game goal streak.

Kid is tearing it up. I would think he's off limits in a big deadline acq. if the Hawks go that route. Also that Yakupov kid is gonna be crazy good.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)
Had 4 points tonight. 1g, 3a

In 5 games.. he has 8 goals, 5 assist (13 points) Also a 5 game goal streak.

Kid is tearing it up. I would think he's off limits in a big deadline acq. if the Hawks go that route. Also that Yakupov kid is gonna be crazy good.

Saad is going no where. A superstar would have to be out there to change their minds.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 23, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)
Brunette had an awesome shot on goal when he caught the pass in front of the goalie and deked back the opposite way to his backhand. It was saucy.

I have to say the best finish of the night was the last shooter in the shootout for CO. He took Crawford for a ride.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 08:30 AM)
After a hit on Selanne he engaged with him, kept chirping him well behind the play like he wanted him to fight. Then kept getting into it on the benches with Parros and Getzlaf when they didn't like it for obvious reasons.

I was hoping Parros would give Carcillo a shot or two to shut him up. Gotta give Carcillo some credit though, he did a great job of clearing out the middle on Kaner's highlight assist.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)
I was hoping Parros would give Carcillo a shot or two to shut him up. Gotta give Carcillo some credit though, he did a great job of clearing out the middle on Kaner's highlight assist.

He got two guys to come to him and left the wing wide open.

http://www.csnchicago.com/hockey-chicago-b...tm_medium=email

The Chicago Blackhawks did their shootout studying on Anaheim goaltender Jonas Hiller prior to their Tuesday night game against the Ducks. And when they got to said shootout, they chose to go second instead of first.

Both turned out to be productive decisions.

Patrick Kane scored the shootout winner on another stellar night for him, and Corey Crawford stopped 29 of 31 in the Blackhawks’ 3-2 victory over the Ducks at the United Center. The Blackhawks continue to pile up the points, collecting at least one in their last seven games.

But that shootout had been a problem against Boston and Colorado, when the Blackhawks didn’t even get one past the opposing goaltender. So they studied. Oh, and they went second in shootout order.

Why second?

“Because we didn’t win scoring first,” coach Joel Quenneville said with a laugh. “We practiced (the shootout) in the middle of practice (on Monday) and we went second, which was an easy decision.”

It all worked. Jonathan Toews got the Blackhawks’ first shootout goal of the season past Hiller, a pretty lifted wrister, before Kane finished with the winning backhand.

“I tried to do something a little different,” said Kane. “I knew (Hiller) was an opposite-hand goalie so his stick wouldn’t be there when I came across. It worked out, I guess.”

Just about everything worked for Kane on Tuesday, who ended his three-game scoring drought with two assists and the shootout winner. His first helper was dazzling, a spin-o-rama backhand to Marian Hossa, who scored for the fifth time in as many games.

“That was all highlight reel by Patrick,” said Hossa. “Danny (Carcillo) did an excellent job taking two guys to the net with him and he opened up a spot for me. (Kane) knew where I was going and the puck was on my tape. That’s probably the easiest goal I could get.”

Kane said he’s talked to Blackhawks ambassador Denis Savard about the spin-o-rama move, which has worked every now and then. It came through on Tuesday.

“You get acceleration out of it and you can protect the puck, too,” he said. “It hasn’t come into play where it’s completely worked but it did tonight, so that felt good.”

Crawford did the rest. He had another strong outing, especially in the third period when the Blackhawks had to kill off three penalties, including one with about two minutes left in regulation.

“He makes key saves at key times,” Quenneville said. “When they’re threatening in our zone he seems to control the rebound and kill the play.”

The Blackhawks are gobbling up the early points. The Kane line has been especially effective, as has Crawford. And as for that shootout? Practice – and studying – makes progress.

“It’s nice to get off to that start,” Kane said. “We knew what a bad start did to us last year. We stressed it would be important. It’s not only nice to get one, especially coming back from 2-1 again, but nice to get two in the shootout too.”the PK's been, they know that's a habit they don’t want to get back into.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 08:30 AM)
After a hit on Selanne he engaged with him, kept chirping him well behind the play like he wanted him to fight. Then kept getting into it on the benches with Parros and Getzlaf when they didn't like it for obvious reasons.

Were you at the game? I didnt see it that way at all. I saw Carcillo hit him and then Selanne whack him with his stick while chriping at Carcillo. They then got towards the bench that was already yelling at Car Bomb and he sat right int he first seat and game it right back to them. It was a great hit on a guy that was killing us all game and nobody on the ice did s***.