2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 17, 2011 -> 09:13 AM)
15 years later... Teemu Selänne returns to play in Winnipeg tonight. Very cool.

I read on the Twitterverse that the Ducks got to their hotel at 2:30 this morning. There was about 250 fans outside chanting his name, he stayed and talked and signed autographs for all of them.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 22, 2011 -> 12:03 AM)
Great to see Crawford back in net and play well tonight. Saw Cutler at the game too.

They showed Jay on TV. It was really nice to see Corey with the bounceback game. Having him and Ray as 1 and 1a would be awesome for the rest of this season.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 09:34 AM)
Good thing that the Hawks didn't have to play an NHL team last night. They came out sloppy as hell for the whole game. Luckily, the talent disparity won out and it turned into an easy victory.

It will be interesting to see if this is the year that Nash finally asks out of CBJ

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
His numbers seem to show frustration. He is already -20 & is on pace for his lowest goal/point total in years.

Not to mention, he could move someone from the middle of the pack to cup contenders in a heartbeat. He's never going to win in Columbus.

Apparently there are several kiosks/stations around the UC concourse where you simply flash an AMEX card, and they gave you $10 free Blackhawks bucks. They can be used at any concession stand, or Hawks store at the UC or on Michigan Ave. They don't really keep track of them, so you can just walk around and keep collecting them. Some people in my section collected enough to buy authentic jerseys in the store for $10. That sounds like way too much work and a bit shady, but interesting none the less.

Not much to say about last night's game. Quick was outstanding and you can't win 'em all.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 10:28 AM)
Apparently there are several kiosks/stations around the UC concourse where you simply flash an AMEX card, and they gave you $10 free Blackhawks bucks. They can be used at any concession stand, or Hawks store at the UC or on Michigan Ave. They don't really keep track of them, so you can just walk around and keep collecting them. Some people in my section collected enough to buy authentic jerseys in the store for $10. That sounds like way too much work and a bit shady, but interesting none the less.

Not much to say about last night's game. Quick was outstanding and you can't win 'em all.

Its too bad really because Crawford had a great game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 10:47 AM)
Committed Indians

Lines this morning: 13-19-81, 10-88-25, 29-36-67, 15-22-39(Hayes)

They had Frolik on the line with Scott & Mayers Wed. night which I thought was interesting. Rather see him with some players with a tad bit more skill.

1st meeting of the year w/ the Wings tonight, should be fun. Face them six times in the next 3 months.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
They had Frolik on the line with Scott & Mayers Wed. night which I thought was interesting. Rather see him with some players with a tad bit more skill.

1st meeting of the year w/ the Wings tonight, should be fun. Face them six times in the next 3 months.

Frolik has been hot garbage lately, he doesn't deserve anything more than 4th line minutes until that changes.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 30, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)
Good point. I'm just a fan of his, but I doubt that the consistency he lacks will ever come around.

He has everything you'd like in a young player as far as skill (and he improved defensively) but his lack of finish is horrible. By far the weakest shot on the team.