2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 31, 2011 -> 06:17 AM)
He has everything you'd like in a young player as far as skill (and he improved defensively) but his lack of finish is horrible. By far the weakest shot on the team.

Speaking of weak shots, I'm hoping it was just "opening night jitters", but for a 6' 6", 220 pound guy, Jimmy Hayes got nothing on any of his shots against the Wings.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 05:56 PM)
Great Winter Classic. Would love to see Hawks/Canucks in Soldier Field, but it looks like Wings/Bruins in Ann Arbor is gaining steam.

Doubt they give the Hawks one without a few others getting to host. Plus, getting a Canadian team in there would be dicey as far as attracting the average viewer, I don't know that they'll jump to do that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
Well we don't have to worry about Carcillo for a while. Suspension+ knee injury= a long time off.

Knee injury looked serious. Wouldn't be surprised at all if it was an ACL tear. Looked bad, couldn't put any weight on it, and it looked extremely floopy/loose.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 10:54 PM)
Jimmy Hayes doing what I wish the rest of the Hawks would do more often: put the puck on the damn net. Gets his 1st career NHL goal.

As soon as I saw him chase that puck in the corner, I was thinking to myself "turn and throw it at the net!!". I didn't expect him to score, but I figured we needed to at least afford ourselves the chance at a tip in or scrap the puck in.

But just an awful, awful PP effort tonight. It was embarrassing.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
Knee injury looked serious. Wouldn't be surprised at all if it was an ACL tear. Looked bad, couldn't put any weight on it, and it looked extremely floopy/loose.

It's a shame too. He was having a nice couple of games comming back from his first injury. Probably gives Hayes more time up there though when Kruger comes back.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 10:48 PM)
It's a good thing Edmonton isn't gonna make the playoffs, cause the Hawks can't beat them this year. Pretty awful effort tonight. Carcillo's an idiot, not gonna miss him at all.

Hawks suck against faster teams who play a run and gun style. (Edmonton, Colorado for example) And I have no idea what Crawford was doing on that Eager goal. Awful.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 2, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)

From the replays my first thought was ACL. If that is the case, we shouldn't have to worry about him again.

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/blackhawks-...tm_medium=email

TRACEY MYERS

blackhawks_insider_flag.png

E-mail Tracey | Bio & archive

The Blackhawks announced Monday that they signed Mark McNeill and Phillip Danault to three-year contracts.

The two were the Blackhawks' first-round selections at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft last summer, with McNeill selected 18th overall and Danault going 26th overall.

The 18-year-old McNeill has 38 points this season with the Prince Albert Raiders, good for second on the team. He is also second in the Western Hockey League with four short-handed goals. McNeill has a point in 18 of his last 19 games and currently has a nine-game point streak (nine goals, eight assists).

Danault, also 18, is second on the Victoriaville Tigres in scoring with 28 assists. He has 34 points in 33 games this season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 11:47 AM)
When he is under control he was nice to have on the ice to protect guys. When he does stupid s*** like he did last night, his time out can't last long enough.

The unpredictability is the problem.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 11:47 AM)
When he is under control he was nice to have on the ice to protect guys. When he does stupid s*** like he did last night, his time out can't last long enough.

Mayers can cover that ground now. He's an enforcer that plays under control.

amazing finish in the Russia-Canada Juniors semifinal.

Russia was up 6-1 in the 3rd before Canada scored 4 goals from the 9 minute mark to the 4 minute mark. Russia then switched goalies and stopped another 7 shots in the final few minutes to hold on 6-5.