2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 10:51 AM)
adamjahns Adam Jahns

#Blackhawks recall Dylan Olsen, place Kruger and Montador on IR and add Andrew Shaw to active roster.

Beat me to it by a minute. Shouldn't you be working??? :P

Shaw is practicing on a line with Toews & Sharp.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 11:23 AM)
I should be... Shaw is the guy they just signed yesterday right?

Yeah, 5th round pick in 2011, had been playing in Rockford, so I think the signing was to make him eligible for the big club. 12 G, 21 A, & 80 PIM in 33 games.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 10:52 AM)
Kruger & Montador to IR. Andrew Shaw (C, 5th rd 2011) & Dylan Olsen (D, 1st rd 2009) called up. Carcillo suspended indefinitely until his hearing

He's suspended 7 games. Starts after he is cleared (health wise) to play.

Shaw got his face smashed by Rinaldo. Badly. Apparently they played each other back in the OHL and it goes back to that. Went to the lockerroom, got stitched up and came back on the ice. Hayes looking really good so far. Not much Olsen yet.

Shaw and Hayes were the only bright spots tonight. Good to see Kane score, but that 5-4 loss was demoralizing. Tying it up late then giving up a late PK to lose it. The defense was simply atrocious all night. Our biggest need is pretty clear right now, especially with Montador out.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 07:36 AM)
My god the Bruins look unstoppable. Very good chance they can repeat, especially with their experience in the playoffs already with 95% of their cup winning team still there.

Predicting an NHL playoff run is next to impossible. One hot goalie and everyone is f***ed.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 10:02 AM)
Predicting an NHL playoff run is next to impossible. One hot goalie and everyone is f***ed.

Yes and their goalie just happens to be one of the best in the game and who won the Vezina last year (and was also unstoppable in the playoffs) and their backup is a starter on almost every team. I can't see Thomas just lose it all of a sudden. Bruins play a very disciplined team defense as well which helps too. They are going to be very hard to beat for anyone especially with the added experience. Didn't say they will repeat, but they have a good chance barring injuries, one of the best post lockout shots to do it.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 10:28 AM)
Yes and their goalie just happens to be one of the best in the game and who won the Vezina last year (and was also unstoppable in the playoffs) and their backup is a starter on almost every team. I can't see Thomas just lose it all of a sudden. Bruins play a very disciplined team defense as well which helps too. They are going to be very hard to beat for anyone especially with the added experience. Didn't say they will repeat, but they have a good chance barring injuries, one of the best post lockout shots to do it.

Yeah, they certainly have a shot. I'm just saying, Tim Thomas has "lost it" before, and that's why Rask was set to be their starting tender entering last season. Of course, then Tim went on and was flat out nuts and stopped 94% of shots and is doing it yet again this year.

Lord only knows. I just want the playoffs here. They are so much better than regular season hockey. Just keep Hossa healthy.

From the East, it's going to take a really hot goalie and a team that can match the B's physicality to beat them 4 out of 7 games. So the Rangers or Flyers but I dont think Philadelphia has the goaltending to do so.

But we arent even halfway thru the season so who knows really. I just hope the Bruins have no significant injuries, especially to someone like Bergeron who has had concussion issues in the past. He is really the glue of this team.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
Refs did no favors tonight and hawks stars did nothing after sharp got hurt hossa and Kane watched the wings win, literally from five feet away

Ugh. They missed the trip of Seabs on the PP, instead seeing the retaliation. They missed the goal taken out of the net, instead calling it a PS, and they missed too many men on the ice right before the game winner.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 07:59 AM)
Ugh. They missed the trip of Seabs on the PP, instead seeing the retaliation. They missed the goal taken out of the net, instead calling it a PS, and they missed too many men on the ice right before the game winner.

I thought the cross check on the tying goal was brutal.

The Hawks did look pretty soft though last night as well, maybe Carcillo is missed more than we think.