2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 10:41 AM)
I thought the cross check on the tying goal was brutal.

The Hawks did look pretty soft though last night as well, maybe Carcillo is missed more than we think.

Where's Mayers pushing back? Or O'Donnell? Or Montador? That's why these guys were brought, for toughness. I know Mayers wasn't on the ice, but the big guys need to be bigger in the crease on both ends of the ice. That being said, the refs are missing a lot lately.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 12:51 PM)
Damn

adamjahns Adam Jahns

Patrick Sharp will be out 3-4 weeks with upper body injury. #Blackhawks

f***! It happened on the goal he scored, I think it may have something to do with the slashes on the wrist he got from Hudler.

Chicago will be without Patrick Sharp for the next three-to-four weeks because of what is believed to be a hand or wrist injury.

He scored his 20th goal of the season on Sunday, but Detroit's Jiri Hudler slashed him on his wrist as he fired the shot. Sharp stayed the game and later tumbled during a penalty kill. He landed on his hands. The good news is that he won't need surgery. This is an unfortunate blow to Sharp, who might have surpassed his career-high of 36 goals if he had stayed healthy.

Rotoworld

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)
I really f***ing hate the instigator penalty for a guy who jumps in after his own teammate gets run.

Why...a clean hit and you can just jump a guy? That's idiotic. There is hitting in the game, deal with it

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
And what's with that face shield penatly? 2 extra minutes for not taking your visor off?

Instigator with a shield gets you a 2. Want to fight regularly or start them? Ditch the shield

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
Wait, that was what the unsportsman like was for? WTF?

Yup. Just looked it up in the official rules

46.6 Face Protection - If a player penalized as an instigator of an altercation is wearing a face shield (including a goalkeeper), he shall be assessed an additional unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Should the player (including a goalkeeper) who instigates the fight be wearing a face shield, but removes it before instigating the altercation, the additional unsportsmanlike conduct penalty shall not apply.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 08:25 PM)
Why...a clean hit and you can just jump a guy? That's idiotic. There is hitting in the game, deal with it

Instigator with a shield gets you a 10. Want to fight regularly or start them? Ditch the shield

He left his feet. There is fighting in the game. Deal with it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
He left his feet. There is fighting in the game. Deal with it.

I'm for fighting genius. I'm against any hit resulting in a fight which happens way too much. That hit was nothing the reaction was ridiculous.