2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 14, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
Is it me or has Leddy regressed as a player

A nice comeback to tie and then schooled in ot Patrick Kane literally makes to attempt to play defense

I think he's hit the wall a little bit. He'd benefit from fewer minutes, maybe even a healthy scratch.

I'd bring up Dylan Olsen and sit Leddy for a game. Not a punishment, just a breather.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 06:24 PM)
I hope we have seen his final game with the Hawks.

I went back to read some of the comments that were made after the 'Hawks signed him and everyone here hated it. Everyone knows Carcillo is a b**** but there are usually a couple of people per message board that will make excuses and support the signing but not this time. Kudos to you guys.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 15, 2012 -> 10:34 PM)
Nice win for the Hawks tonight. Stalberg has been great this year. Complete 180 from last year, just a different player. And Shaw is becoming a fan favorite already. Love that kid's game.

Stalberg's been great, but in spurts. He's light years better than he was last year, and obviously he's playing with a lot more confidence.

Good W though. With Kruger back, and the emergence of Shaw/Hayes, I really think Bowman should consider getting a top dman as opposed to a 2nd line center. Still, with Sharpie hurt, it'd be nice to be able to get both.

I'm not aware of what might be on the market on the blue line, but the potential of adding Getzlaf excites me. Like Pierre said yesterday, if you add a 2nd line center, you solidify that position top to bottom. Toews on the top line, Getzlaf on 2, Bolland on the checking line and Kruger on the 4th line. Then again, it won't matter if our defense continues to give up easy goals at the crease every single game. Leddy has just been awful. Seriously, we have Lepisto back there. Pair him with Hjalmarsson for a game or 2 to get Leddy's head on straight. Montador and O'Donnell has been a really, really solid 3rd pairing though lately.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 10:30 AM)
ChiTribSports ChiTribSports

Blackhawks put Carcillo on IR, recall Smith

Yet they still run commercials with that cocksucker's ugly grin on them.

Edited by Steve9347

http://www.chicagonow.com/red-light-distri...ight-vs-sabres/

Ben Smith will be in the lineup for the Blackhawks tonight, when they take on the Buffalo Sabres. Is this the beginning of the end for Bryan Bickell? It's probably too early to say, but this benching is certainly not a good sign for the struggling winger.

In his last 29 games, Bickell has 4 points. That's uh...that's not good.

He will likely get a few more chances to turn it around, but as soon as Patrick Sharp returns from injury, who goes? Jimmy Hayes? Andrew Shaw? Both of those guys have done more in their brief call ups than Bickell has done all season. And what if the Hawks make a trade? Who sits then? The answer keeps going back to Bickell.

John Scott, Bickell's roommate on the road, told me Monday night that Bickell is really frustrated with his lack of production, and is putting too much pressure on himself. Every game that goes by, the less confidence he has. It's eating him up, and he can't get out of his own head.

Perhaps a change of scenery is best for Bickell. For his sake, I hope that change is in another NHL city, and not Rockford.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 01:17 PM)
JayZawaski670 Jay Zawaski

Lots of rumprs about the Hawks and Derek Brassard from CBJ. I would like the move, but remember how close to the vest Bowman keeps it.

Brassard has 5 goals and 5 assists in his last 12 games, -18 on the year though. He's got a 3.2 mil cap hit.

I also saw something about the Hawks possibly bringing Tuomo Ruutu back from CAR. He's got a 3.8 mil cap hit. 15 g, 11 ast this year.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 18, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)
He played every game for Carolina last year and hasn't missed a game this year.

Yeah. However, Tuomo Ruutu playing for the Blackhawks was just a sad disaster of potential and injuries. Love, love, love the dude, but no.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 09:23 AM)
The three highest point totals in the NHL are from Central Division teams.

St Louis has been amazing this year. The messed up part is that no matter what happens, the best that the next two teams can do is 4th and 5th, which could in theory pit the 2nd and 3rd best teams against each other in the first round.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 09:30 AM)
St Louis has been amazing this year. The messed up part is that no matter what happens, the best that the next two teams can do is 4th and 5th, which could in theory pit the 2nd and 3rd best teams against each other in the first round.

Yeah, I f***ing hate division winner seeding across all sports.