2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 12:17 AM)
One of the most complete wins of the season by the Hawks tonight. 3-1 over Florida. Kane, Toews and Keith with the goals. Emery stopped 18 of 19. Defense played great throughout.

And they follow it up with an absolute s*** showing in Nashville.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)
NHLBlackhawks Chicago Blackhawks

Jonathan Toews will miss tomorrow's game vs. Nashville. #Blackhawks

Sounds like he will skip the All-Star game this weekend, which could give him like a whole week to recover.

Per Deadspin:

From Jan 7-Jan 18, the 11 PM ET SportsCenter showed a total of 13.5 minutes of NHL programming. In 12 HOURS of total air time, the NHL was shown for 13.5 minutes. In the middle of the regular season.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 12:10 AM)
Per Deadspin:

From Jan 7-Jan 18, the 11 PM ET SportsCenter showed a total of 13.5 minutes of NHL programming. In 12 HOURS of total air time, the NHL was shown for 13.5 minutes. In the middle of the regular season.

ESPN has zero reason to show NHL highlights. The vast majority of Americans don't care, ESPN and ABC carry no hockey coverage, and average Joe fatass American would rather see 45 minutes per hour devoted to Tebow and Paterno.

It sucks, but this is why the NBC Sports Network should attract your attention!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 08:09 AM)
ESPN has zero reason to show NHL highlights. The vast majority of Americans don't care, ESPN and ABC carry no hockey coverage, and average Joe fatass American would rather see 45 minutes per hour devoted to Tebow and Paterno.

It sucks, but this is why the NBC Sports Network should attract your attention!

And unless hockey comes back to ESPN it will stay that way. I sure don't expect ESPN to sell a competitors product.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 08:30 AM)
And unless hockey comes back to ESPN it will stay that way. I sure don't expect ESPN to sell a competitors product.

Exactly. They have a reason to promote MLB, NBA, NFL, but none for the NHL.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 08:29 AM)
ChrisKuc Chris Kuc

#Blackhawks GM Bowman on WGN-AM 720 regarding Toews and Sharp: "I expect both of them to be back in the lineup in the next game or two."

Well that would certainly be nice. The All-Star Break is here at the right time.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 08:02 PM)
Brendan Morrison is a Blackhawk. Brian Connelly from Rockford to Flames.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id...vid=DL|CHI|home

I like.

Don't mind the deal at all... Connelly wasn't going to be much for the Hawks and Morrison is a good leader but slow as hell!

Gary Bettman has spewed a lot of bulls*** in his career, but his claim today that shootouts have a 70 to 80 percent approval rating among fans might top the list. I honestly can't think of a single hockey fan I know that likes them and I know quite a few.

Edited by whitesoxfan101