2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 01:32 PM)
A loss is a loss. I cannot see any situation where a losing team deserves points. It diminishes the value of a win.

I agree with Krush on the shootout. If a losing team deserves zero points, then you cant have a game come down to a shootout, which is just randomness for the most part.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 07:40 AM)
I only got to see the first two periods last night, but Crawford was as good as he had been all year long in that stretch.

Same here on both accounts. Too bad Schneider was just as good, cause I think the Hawks outplayed them.

Is it me or do the hawks seem to be getting beaten up physically. The first time noticed it was in the Detroit game when Sharp was slashed it seems that folks are takign a good number of liberties and runs at Hawk players.

I think the Hawks really outplayed the 'Nucks last night but just could not get the bounces.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
I agree with Krush on the shootout. If a losing team deserves zero points, then you cant have a game come down to a shootout, which is just randomness for the most part.

Then bring back the tie. Without OT. If you're going to reward a losing team, then there should be no winning team. If you can't get it done in 60, then each take a point and make the whole exercise meaningless. Just please, no 3-point wins. That's just idiotic.

Columbus doesn't really matter in hockey, but last night in LA with the score tied at 2 and the 3rd period clock running down, the Kings were trying to score a game-winner. The clock suddenly stops for almost a second at 1.8, then keeps going, giving the Kings just enough time to score the winner with 0.5 seconds left.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 2, 2012 -> 09:58 AM)
Columbus doesn't really matter in hockey, but last night in LA with the score tied at 2 and the 3rd period clock running down, the Kings were trying to score a game-winner. The clock suddenly stops for almost a second at 1.8, then keeps going, giving the Kings just enough time to score the winner with 0.5 seconds left.

Nice "clock management" there!

Kings GM responds:

"Those clocks are sophisticated instruments that calculate time by measuring electrical charges called coulombs -- given the rapidity and volume of electrons that move through the measuring device the calibrator must adjust at certain points which was the delay you see -- the delay is just recalibrating for the clock moving too quickly during the 10 - 10ths of a second before the delay -- this insures that the actual playing time during a period is exactly 20 minutes That is not an opinion -- that is science -- amazing devise quite frankly."

It was his team on their home ice so he could just be full of s***, but it sounds like a legit excuse.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 2, 2012 -> 09:51 PM)
I'd trade Leddy, Bickell and as many draft picks as needed to get a top-4 dman.

He might not be any better, but why can't Q give Sami Lepisto a chance?

Thank God the Oilers won't make the playoffs, cause they seem to own the Hawks this year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 2, 2012 -> 10:07 PM)
He might not be any better, but why can't Q give Sami Lepisto a chance?

Thank God the Oilers won't make the playoffs, cause they seem to own the Hawks this year.

I'd much rather see Lepisto than Scott. And there's NO REASON why O'Donnell shouldn't be playing every night. He's had like 2 weeks of rest with the All Star break and played like 7 straight before that.

Lepisto has actually had pretty good +/- numbers in his limited playing time.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 3, 2012 -> 03:07 AM)
Sam Gagner had a night, huh?

:lolhitting

4 goals and 4 assists, tying the franchise record for points in one game (also held by a couple decent players...Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey).

Amazing night for #89.

Funny thing is, he was rumored to be going to Chicago earlier in the year and Stan backed off. Whoops..

BarryRozner Barry Rozner

Gagner had as many pts tonight as Michael Frolik has in his last 38 games, Marcus Kruger in his last 24 and Bryan Bickell...oh, forget it.

BarryRozner Barry Rozner

Sam Gagner had as many goals tonight as Patrick Kane has in his last, wait for it...33 games.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 3, 2012 -> 06:01 AM)
Funny thing is, he was rumored to be going to Chicago earlier in the year and Stan backed off. Whoops..

I don't know if this one game makes it a "Whoops". Gagner had 5 goals and 17 assists on the year before last night. He's a good player, good for center depth at the right price.