2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)
The worst goaltending tandem in hockey.

Give them some credit, Tampa has been worse. I know the defense hasn't done Emery/Crawford any favors recently, but once in a while it would be nice to get some big saves, which they haven't done at all.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 01:31 AM)
Eh...that's a little dramatic. They are playing the worst in the league right now, sure, but this is also not normal for them. Earlier in the year they were both doing a really solid job. I think if the Hawks can get some D help, they will get back to normal.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 07:19 AM)
Give them some credit, Tampa has been worse. I know the defense hasn't done Emery/Crawford any favors recently, but once in a while it would be nice to get some big saves, which they haven't done at all.

They are the worst goaltending tandem in hockey.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/stats/bycatego...HL&sort=112

Go to the bottom.

46 goaltenders have started a minimum of 19 games this year.

Emery - 42

Crawford - 43

Compare to Tampa's 39 and 46

Both average out to 42.5.

Oh, and none of this makes my response not accurate. The Blackhawks, at best, are tied for having the worst goaltending tandem in hockey, and their inability to stop pucks has finally infected the rest of the roster that has grown weary carrying those f***ing worthless guys all season long. Did you know the Blackhawks are the only team in the league to fail to record a shutout this year?

I would like to also say that i have always been right about Corey Crawford the many, many years he's been in the system. Dude f***ing sucks.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 09:43 AM)
I would like to also say that i have always been right about Corey Crawford the many, many years he's been in the system. Dude f***ing sucks.

I always thought he sucked since I watched him while on Rockford a ton of times. I thought I was being proven wrong over the past couple seasons, and was happy about it. It might be turning back around, which blows.

The goaltending has been bad recently, the defensive coverage has been brutal, and the stars haven't controlled the game up front during this stretch. I wish it was only goaltending, then we might be able to fix it. Right now it's everything, but the Nashville game was a lot better all around. Maybe it all comes together tonight, although it's a hell of a team on the other side.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 02:26 PM)
Committed Indians

Reports today out of Columbus are that Nash has a 10-team list of preferred destinations & Chicago is NOT on it.

Well of course. No athlete apparently in any sport anywhere likes Chicago. It doesn't really matter, though, as that was never happening.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 02:35 PM)
Chris Kuc @ChrisKuc

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman says Chicago "is on the radar" for a future NHL All-Star Game.

That's funny to see just a few days after Reinsdorf said he absolutely didn't want a NBA All-Star Game at the UC.

Don't think I'd have much interest to attend the actual game on Sunday, but the Saturday hockey skills competition could be entertaining to see live.

Chris Kuc @ChrisKuc

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman says Chicago "is on the radar" for a future NHL All-Star Game.

Whitney Houston's Super Bowl anthemn has been mentioned a lot lately (for obvious reasons), but Wayne Messmer's at the last All Star Game here (also during Gulf War I) was really something, too.

Chris Kuc @ChrisKuc

You knew that was coming eventually, Chief Blackhawk has probably called him every day for 3 years about it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
There'd be no stopping me from attending that.

Hey you're in luck, I have a ticket available for 1 million dollars. PM me your CC info.

Actually it'd be funny, it'd be worse than a normal Hawks game because 95% of people would have no idea who any players are out there.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 05:10 PM)
Whitney Houston's Super Bowl anthemn has been mentioned a lot lately (for obvious reasons), but Wayne Messmer's at the last All Star Game here (also during Gulf War I) was really something, too.

Yeah, it was epic, I was there and even though I was only like 8, I'll never forget it and it'll never be matched.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Feb 17, 2012 -> 02:39 AM)
Strickland:

Those close to Ryan Miller tell me he'd waive his modified NTC to go to Chicago #Blackhawks #Sabres #NHL

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/Picture...r-in-Chicago-01

I wouldn't do a Kane for Miller swap though.. no way.

So what would it take to get that deal done? I can't see Buffalo being able to come away without the hometown kid and sell it to their fans.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Feb 17, 2012 -> 02:39 AM)
Strickland:

Those close to Ryan Miller tell me he'd waive his modified NTC to go to Chicago #Blackhawks #Sabres #NHL

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/Picture...r-in-Chicago-01

I wouldn't do a Kane for Miller swap though.. no way.

The guy that wrote that was on the SCORE this morning. He said that Miller is miserable and could be had. At 31 he is not young but also has a few good years left and thinks Chicago could revitalize him. He said that Miller with waive the NTC for the Hawks as they are as highly thought of as any franchise in hockey.

He felt Kane was way to much to give up Miller.

He also thought that while Kane's stock is down other GM's know what he is, so moving him for prime return is an option.

The cap hit on Kane & Miller are about the same. Miller becomes an UFA in 2014, Kane in 2015.

It would be nice to have a brick wall in net, but I still can't see that being a good deal. Kaner is too damn skilled. He can be frustrating but he is only 23. Plus, I've seen other goalies move to other towns and suddenly not play as well (Bryzgalov), then what?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 17, 2012 -> 09:09 AM)
The guy that wrote that was on the SCORE this morning. He said that Miller is miserable and could be had. At 31 he is not young but also has a few good years left and thinks Chicago could revitalize him. He said that Miller with waive the NTC for the Hawks as they are as highly thought of as any franchise in hockey.

He felt Kane was way to much to give up Miller.

He also thought that while Kane's stock is down other GM's know what he is, so moving him for prime return is an option.

I heard that interview. Dude was right on the money. I think Miller can be had, and I don't think we'd need to trade Kaner to get him. If anyone's value is down, it's Miller's. He's had a s***ty year, he is frequently b****ing in the press, and the league knows he wants OUT. Buffalo isn't in the best bargaining position.

IMO, you don't trade Kaner unless you're getting another superstar, in his prime, in return. Maybe (MAYBE) for a guy like Rich Nash, but he looks really broken right now.

Stay classy Canuck fans

OK, isn't this Bruins and Canucks rivalry going a little too far now? I mean, it probably crossed that line a while ago but if you didn't think it had, this will probably change your mind.

The above is a photo of Bruins forward Milan Lucic's family church back in Vancouver, his hometown. It was taken by Lucic's girlfriend Brittany Carnegie after some vandals thoughts it was a good idea to deface it in the name of the Canuks. Sorry, I mean Canucks, got confused after looking at the handiwork of some obviously hardcore fans.

We took some photo editing liberties to tone it down, so in case you were wondering, just by any off chance, what the entire image looked like/said, here's a description from the Vancouver Sun.

On the side of the St. Archangel Michael Serbian Orthodox Church is large, black graffiti that reads “F--k Lucic” and “Go Canuks (sic) Go,” along with crudely drawn genitalia.

“This is DISGUSTING!” Carnegie wrote. “Punks did this to Milan beloved church! So disgusted!”

Lucic hasn't been exactly treated kindly by his hometown since the Bruins beat the Canucks in an intense seven-game series. Posters of him have been defaced in the city and a brawl broke out when he showed up at a Greek festival. So yea, he's kind of a big deal there.

I'd admonish the hockey fans of Vancouver here for giving themselves another black eye, but I can't. I just can't call these guys Canucks fans. Isn't it a requisite to spell the team's name right to be called a fan? This had to be the work of the same type of fan who decided it was a good idea to wreck their city after losing the final game.

Speaking of which, the first sentence has been handed down to a rioter and it was for 17 months. Granted, said rioter had a history that greatly contributed to that sentence so it was abnormal, but point is we should start seeing some more soon.

In the meantime, let's leave this rivalry on the ice. That's more than entertaining and heated enough already.