2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in Michigan for 5 years and having to deal with all these Red Wings fans really sucks.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/p...310974659_n.jpg

This was posted on my wall this morning by a Wings fan and it boggled my mind. He's a 19 yr old on the hockey team and he did it to kinda rub it in my face as a Hawks fan. The first thing I thought was "They've won 4 Cups in 15 years and have been pretty damn good." Then I said, thats f***ing Hank Zetterberg. Dude has as many Cups as Toews and Kane do, WTF.

Then I thought about it some more and realized Wings fans are just a bunch of f***ing idiots. For 15 years, they've been perennial contenders. They've had one hell of a run, but this Hockeytown BULLs*** really upsets me. They "sell out" every game but the Joe is 3/4 full at best most nights. They trail the Canadiens in Cups by 13 and are 2 behind TOR too. In my lifetime (22), they've won 4 Cups. However, people my age have probably only really gotten to enjoy TWO as really true, engaged fans. 02 and 08. That'd make them 12/13 and 17/18. They've been good for as long as they've been alive though, which obviously makes them think that the Red Wings are god's gift to hockey.

Every time I get into an argument with one of these people I get "We won 11 Cups, Hawks have won 4. LOL you suck. Yzerman!!!!!!!" and it infuriates me.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 17, 2012 -> 04:22 PM)
Living in Michigan for 5 years and having to deal with all these Red Wings fans really sucks.

This was posted on my wall this morning by a Wings fan and it boggled my mind. He's a 19 yr old on the hockey team and he did it to kinda rub it in my face as a Hawks fan. The first thing I thought was "They've won 4 Cups in 15 years and have been pretty damn good." Then I said, thats f***ing Hank Zetterberg. Dude has as many Cups as Toews and Kane do, WTF.

Then I thought about it some more and realized Wings fans are just a bunch of f***ing idiots. For 15 years, they've been perennial contenders. They've had one hell of a run, but this Hockeytown BULLs*** really upsets me. They "sell out" every game but the Joe is 3/4 full at best most nights. They trail the Canadiens in Cups by 13 and are 2 behind TOR too. In my lifetime (22), they've won 4 Cups. However, people my age have probably only really gotten to enjoy TWO as really true, engaged fans. 02 and 08. That'd make them 12/13 and 17/18. They've been good for as long as they've been alive though, which obviously makes them think that the Red Wings are god's gift to hockey.

Every time I get into an argument with one of these people I get "We won 11 Cups, Hawks have won 4. LOL you suck. Yzerman!!!!!!!" and it infuriates me.

You need to learn to not listen to idiots.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 17, 2012 -> 04:22 PM)

The fact that he included "What ESPN thinks we do" shows how big of an idiot he is. ESPN doen't give a s*** about hockey.

JJ threw this up (perhaps literally) on his blog last night:

A young and underrated Western Conference Center is now on the Hawks radar, but this, again, is a deal that likely will need to wait until a larger domino falls first. And this would be a fairly significant trade with at least one significant Hawk player or prospect going the other way.

The Hawks have had as many conversations with this club as they have Tampa, and as recently as this week about another player. Some of the Hawk players/prospects discussed in return for the other player could eventually be involved in the deal for the center. I saw this center in person recently and was impressed with his effort, intensity and the skill that I have always known was there.

Read this on Stuy's site....Brassard maybe??

Blackhawks Interested In Jets Defensemen

Posted by: Dan | Tagged: Chicago Blackhawks, Johnny Oduya, NHL Trade Rumors, Randy Jones, Winnipeg Jets

A couple of defensemen for the Winnipeg Jets could attract a fair bit of attention as potential playoff rentals ahead of the February 27th NHL trade deadline. General Manager Kevin Cheveldayoff will likely field many offers for the likes of Johnny Oduya and Randy Jones. Oduya and Jones are in position to become unrestricted free agents July 1.

According to the Winnipeg Free Press, Chicago Blackhawks General Manager Stan Bowman attended Friday’s game in Winnipeg between the Jets and Bruins.

In addition to the Blackhawks, there’s word the New Jersey Devils could be interested in reuniting with Oduya.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Feb 18, 2012 -> 07:54 AM)
JJ threw this up (perhaps literally) on his blog last night:

A young and underrated Western Conference Center is now on the Hawks radar, but this, again, is a deal that likely will need to wait until a larger domino falls first. And this would be a fairly significant trade with at least one significant Hawk player or prospect going the other way.

The Hawks have had as many conversations with this club as they have Tampa, and as recently as this week about another player. Some of the Hawk players/prospects discussed in return for the other player could eventually be involved in the deal for the center. I saw this center in person recently and was impressed with his effort, intensity and the skill that I have always known was there.

Read this on Stuy's site....Brassard maybe??

Brassard has been a name linked with the Hawks for quite a while now. Would be an intriguing pickup, but at what price?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 19, 2012 -> 02:29 AM)
Brassard has been a name linked with the Hawks for quite a while now. Would be an intriguing pickup, but at what price?

Vermette would look good centering Hossa. Give them Frolik and a draft pick. I think Frolik and Vermette has a little over 1 mil difference in cap hit.

That is what i dont like about Stan. He seems to focus more on cap space than talents.