2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 21, 2012 -> 10:17 PM)
Another gigantic win. It seems like it's been forever since the Hawks won a low-scoring, 1-goal game. Jimmy Hayes never should have been sent down. The back-check tonight was the difference to me.

For all intents and purposes, Sunday was too.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 07:46 AM)
ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo

Elias Says: Jaromir Jagr scored the 16th regular-season overtime goal of his career, which is the most in NHL history

How many were scored post-magnificent mullet?

Jay Zawaski @JayZawaski670

Hearing from a source that it is indeed a concussion for Toews. Apparently suffered early in trip. Unsure of severity. For what it's worth.

The source implied that Toews was hiding symptoms. Wouldn't shock me from Toews, but I hesitate to make that accusation based on convo.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 12:27 PM)
Jay Zawaski @JayZawaski670

Hearing from a source that it is indeed a concussion for Toews. Apparently suffered early in trip. Unsure of severity. For what it's worth.

The source implied that Toews was hiding symptoms. Wouldn't shock me from Toews, but I hesitate to make that accusation based on convo.

That's not good.

Jesse Rogers @ESPNChiHawks

Not sure if u can call it that but symptoms. Think hes back this weekend RT @ChiTownSports: @ESPNChiHawks Does Toews have a concussion?

No one on record. Scuttlebutt and read between some lines RT @Schustee19: @ESPNChiHawks Who said he has the symptoms?

It doesn't sound like a Crosby/Pronger level of concussion which is very good. It's something else how vague hockey injuries are with the upper/lower body designations. A player could get decapitated on the ice and Q would just call it a upper body injury.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 01:33 PM)
If he knew he had one and hid symptoms to keep playing he's a complete idiot. I really hope that isn't the case.

You have a point, but on the other hand, because of the concussion, he literally may not have been in his "right mind." I'm not sure the effects of those things are completely understood.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 03:00 PM)
Sadly if he thought he sat out the last four games and the Hawks lost, the season would be in real dire straits.....

Sadly if he gets a career threatening problem from it, the Hawks future for years to come is in dire straits.

Edited by IlliniKrush