2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)
I'd bet it's gone by 2014/2015.

I really don't want to put another one of your "outstanding predictions" on my sig anymore Steven. (Although I agree with you 100% on Bowman)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 01:12 PM)
Adam Jahns ‏ @adamjahns

Nothing new on Jonathan Toews. He won't play vs. Toronto. It doesn't sound too good. #Blackhawks

Now I'm starting to get worried. Three teams tied for 8th, only 3 points back of the Hawks.

I think Corey Crawford has officially lost his job. Great come-from-behind W for the Hawks. They need every point right now.

Listen to this s***: the Blackhawks are 21-1-0 when Andrew Brunette records a point this season.

Half-way through the 2nd period, the Hawks are up 2-1 on the Sens. The first goal was Bickell on a delayed penalty and the 2nd was Hossa on the power play. Could have a trifecta if Sharp could have converted on his penalty shot. They're flying right now.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 08:30 PM)
The goaltender won us a game. Emery was brilliant. That job is his for good. Two more big points.

Great win.

09-10: Huet sucks, Niemi takes over

10-11: Turco sucks, Crawford takes over

11-12: Crawford sucks, Emery takes over? He was hot to end the season with Anaheim last yeat.

Patrick Kane has a mancrush on Johnny Oduya. Anyone else see that incredible breakout pass he had the other night? Outside of the 1st period against Toronto, he's been pretty damn good. Helped special teams too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 04:31 PM)
Smith never took his faceshield up during the fight with Shaw. So much for the extra two minutes.

I believe the faceshield penalty is only called when there is an instigator penalty as well.

Emery is 3-0 in his last 3 games. 1.13 GAA and a .959 SV%. He's been so clutch. We need him to keep this up. I thought Leddy played really well today and it's nice to see Sharpie get his game going some lately. I'm liking Oduya more and more. Played 24+ minutes today.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)
Bruins back up goalie is out 4-6 weeks and the Bs are trying to bring in Marty Turco

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/7...ks-groin-strain

bad loss. The B's has really been hit with the injury bug and been sputtering as of late so maybe this will get Thomas back in a hot zone so the team can reel off some wins.