2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 03:25 PM)
This. Hell, the 2010 Stanley Cup almost didn't happen if it weren't for a miracle goal in Game 4. They were moments from being down 3-1. Then, the Hossa OT goal and lots of masturbating and the rest is, as they say, history.

And they are definitely more dangerous now, and we are less.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 03:25 PM)
This. Hell, the 2010 Stanley Cup almost didn't happen if it weren't for a miracle goal in Game 4. They were moments from being down 3-1. Then, the Hossa OT goal and lots of masturbating and the rest is, as they say, history.

You mean Game 5, and going down 3-2 heading to Nashville.

Nonethless, don't want to face them, their KHL ringer and their train whistle fans.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
You mean Game 5, and going down 3-2 heading to Nashville.

Nonethless, don't want to face them, their KHL ringer and their train whistle fans.

It's amazing how the memory can f*** with you. I knew it was in Chicago, and I questioned typing Game 4, but went for it anyway.

Edited by Steve9347

Just an FYI, the Hawks can now finish no worse than 6th in the conference, due to the point picked up last night. Phoenix and LA have 91 points with 3 games remaining, thus having only 6 points that they can pick up. Now the goal is avoiding Nashville.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 11:00 PM)
Just an FYI, the Hawks can now finish no worse than 6th in the conference, due to the point picked up last night. Phoenix and LA have 91 points with 3 games remaining, thus having only 6 points that they can pick up. Now the goal is avoiding Nashville.

LA shut out the Oilers last night, so they are the Hawks most likely opponent at the moment. They have major issues scoring but don't give up many goals, Quick already shut the Hawks out twice this year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)
Adam Jahns ‏ @adamjahns

Joel Quenneville said he's considered trying Kane or Hossa on the left wing once Toews returns to have all 3 on a line. #Blackhawks

#facerape

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 01:11 PM)
Brian Hedger ‏ @BrianHedger

Toews: "There's still signs of the concussion lingering and you know, when that's completely gone I'll be comfortable playing." #Blackhawks

That is the opposite of good news.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 04:55 PM)
That is the opposite of good news.

Until he is absolutely 100%, do not let him play in a game. I don't care if he misses the entire playoffs. You cannot risk further problems with his career. I hope they don't f*** this up.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 06:18 PM)
Until he is absolutely 100%, do not let him play in a game. I don't care if he misses the entire playoffs. You cannot risk further problems with his career. I hope they don't f*** this up.

"They" are at the whims of Toews. He is the idiot who played games with a concussion. Hopefully he is honest with the team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 06:40 PM)
"They" are at the whims of Toews. He is the idiot who played games with a concussion. Hopefully he is honest with the team.

Same thing that Crosby did. Once he realized how big of a deal it was, he finally started taking it seriously.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 06:18 PM)

This.

The excerpt below if from Doug Smith...the former hockey player that the movie "Goon" is based on. It's an excellent article on ESPN/Grantland...here's an excerpt:

Some fans believe that fighting detracts from hockey and that violence has no place in the sport. Why shouldn't it be outlawed altogether?

I understand where these people are coming from. Even as a guy who loves fighting, I remember back in the '70s when you'd watch game after game with endless, bench-clearing brawls. After a while, it's like, "Cut the s***. Let's just play some hockey." I don't mind a one-on-one fight here and there, but these bench-clearing brawls last for 20 minutes, and no one's really fighting, they're just dancing around. Then there's these fights where guys punch each other silly for five minutes. What does that prove? What does that solve? I get that line of thinking.

But hockey is a violent sport. It's always been about intimidation. And hockey has always allowed the players to police themselves. I think there's a place in the game for fighting. For me, it always came down to my role as the protector of my team. Kind of like an insurance policy for my teammates. You'll have a star player who's getting hit, getting whacked, getting knocked on his ass, and in comes Doug to beat all these guys up and give him some room.

Look at Sidney Crosby. He got body-checked and he's out of hockey. Sidney Crosby should not be out of the game because someone took a run at him. If there's a guy on Crosby's team who's there to kick your ass if you take liberties against him, you might have second thoughts before running him into the boards. There's a reason Steve Yzerman and Sergei Fedorov had such long, brilliant careers — because Bob Probert and Joey Kocur had their backs. You take a shot at Yzerman, you're going to get the s*** kicked out of you. Might not be the same night, but Probie's going to get you in the next game. You need that guy on the ice.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 08:26 AM)
If the Hawks beat DET in regulation Saturday, they are the #5 seed vs. Nashville. If they lose or it goes to OT, then they are the #6 seed vs. SJ/LA/PHX.

I hope the players realize this. Then again, I'm sure the Red Wings players are aware too. Could be an ugly game.

No Toews tomorrow, still no guarantee for the playoffs. It's very good to see that he is taking this concussion seriously and making sure he is absolutely 100% ready to play.

Jesse Rogers‏@ESPNChiHawks

Toews: "Kind of a frustrating thing to let another game go by. I just dont feel comfortable tomorrow is the right day."

19:“I’m still keeping that confidence and that positive outlook that things are going to go the right way.That I will be ready for next week

Toews: "I was very close to playing yesterday or tomorrow but now we have another 4 days or so."

Edited by LittleHurt05