2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
I'll agree the bhawks have been sloppy at times but you switch goalies and this series is over. The problem goes deeper than Crawford but the talent on our roster can overcome sloppy play if we had a legit goaltender

I agree that they SHOULD have won each and every one of these games, but Crawford never should have even been in those situations. The "star talent" we have has played like crap.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 02:10 PM)
I actually couldn't disagree more. I'm shocked you are seeing that the Hawks have been outplayed. Even with all the slap hockey (that's what I've always called it) the Hawks have averaged 40.4 shots per game in the series.

The Hawks have outshot the Coyotes 202 to 139. That's a HUGE disparity. Smith has just stood on his head. Hopefully the Hawks can have a breakout game tomorrow night.

Ugh, I HATE citing shot disparity. Sure, they've outshot PHX by a mile but I'd be the number of legit scoring chances is about even, if not even favoring PHX with all the odd-man rushes we've given up. What good is it if we have 15 shots a period if 10 of them are weak wristers from the blue line on the rush with no traffic in front of the net? I understand and acknowledge that Mike Smith has had a great series, but he haven't made it all that hard for him either.

Shots don't paint the whole picture. We're getting outplayed, it's pretty simple. The power play is still pretty awful and we struggle to even gain the zone in full-strength situations. We have Kane coming in 1-on-4 trying to dangle everybody and nothing is getting done. We're averaging 40 shots a game, yet how many times have you heard yourself screaming "SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK"? I know I have, on a lot of occasions.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)
IIRC Phx has never won a playoff round since they moved to Phx.

That is correct.

It's pretty simple to everyone else in the world watching the series the bhawks are outplaying Phoenix. Yes, the Blackhawks have been sloppy at times and power play been weak but like I said earlier it comes down to goaltenders and theirs is playing a ton better.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)
It's pretty simple to everyone else in the world watching the series the bhawks are outplaying Phoenix. Yes, the Blackhawks have been sloppy at times and power play been weak but like I said earlier it comes down to goaltenders and theirs is playing a ton better.

So I'm wrong because I disagree? Got it.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 03:43 PM)
So I'm wrong because I disagree? Got it.

You just said the same thing in the post above mine by saying its pretty simple to see the bhawks been outplayed.... thats implying that we are wrong because we disagreed with you....

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)
You just said the same thing in the post above mine by saying its pretty simple to see the bhawks been outplayed.... thats implying that we are wrong because we disagreed with you....

The thing about hockey is you get outplayed for 15 minutes in a series at bad times, you lose. I haven't watched all of it but the Hawks have not played well at different points in this series and when they don't, it's in the back of their net.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)

No, I spoke only for myself. You spoke for the rest of the world.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 02:10 PM)
I actually couldn't disagree more. I'm shocked you are seeing that the Hawks have been outplayed. Even with all the slap hockey (that's what I've always called it) the Hawks have averaged 40.4 shots per game in the series.

The Hawks have outshot the Coyotes 202 to 139. That's a HUGE disparity. Smith has just stood on his head. Hopefully the Hawks can have a breakout game tomorrow night.

The disparody is even great when you add back the ridiculous amount of blocked shots PHX has.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 06:05 PM)
No, I spoke only for myself. You spoke for the rest of the world.

You responded to two people claiming they disagreed with you and than said its simple to see the bhawks are being outplayed... that pretty much is saying anyone watching would see it your way.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 06:14 PM)
You responded to two people claiming they disagreed with you and than said its simple to see the bhawks are being outplayed... that pretty much is saying anyone watching would see it your way.

Alright, well then I disagree with the two of you? In my eyes, the Hawks are getting outplayed, and thoroughly. You aren't really giving me any legitimate reasons to think otherwise. Hypothetically swapping goalies does nothing for me. We've got what we've got. Crawford has played his ass off in regulation.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)
I HATE citing shot disparity.

Why? The Hawks have had a ton of possessions and periods they dominated and come away empty. They have NOT been outplayed inthis series, and to say that is just wrong.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 07:46 PM)
Why? The Hawks have had a tonight of possessions and periods they dominated and come away empty. They have NOT been outplayed inthis series, and to say that is just wrong.

They've been getting killed at the dot, losing way more board battles and are way less physical. Other than better defense (which tells the story with the shot differential and the goalies) I'm not seeing where you can say the Hawks dominated other than perhaps in the offensive zone. I will disagree with them being outplayed, but they have not outplayed Phoenix either.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 07:46 PM)
Why? The Hawks have had a tonight of possessions and periods they dominated and come away empty. They have NOT been outplayed inthis series, and to say that is just wrong.

In your opinion.

Glad to hear some hockey buffs think the Hawks have not been outplayed.

Gives me hope.

I am no expert.

I've just been thinking except for the pulling the goalie desperation situations and the OT in game five the Hawks have sucked.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 07:40 AM)
Oh how I enjoy watching them lose. Even better for it to happen at home.

It was awesome. Good to know even if/when the Hawks get bounced, at least they are gone too. Their off season ought to be really interesting.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 02:24 AM)
Yeah, Steve is such a pain sometimes.

Yes, clearly I am the one who no one agrees with here. It's not like I've got a huge hockey resume to know what I'm seeing. And CERTAINLY Krush has never been a fan of the game.

I mean, come on, over 40 shots per game is not getting outplayed. You can talk about whatever you want, but board play, physicality, turnovers, and slap hockey all lead to shots which lead to goals. The more shots you have, the better chance of scoring a goal - that is, unless the goalie you are playing is out of his mind, and at the same time the goalie on your side lets in softies in OT twice.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 08:41 AM)
I mean, come on, over 40 shots per game is not getting outplayed. You can talk about whatever you want, but board play, physicality, turnovers, and slap hockey all lead to shots which lead to goals. The more shots you have, the better chance of scoring a goal - that is, unless the goalie you are playing is out of his mind, and at the same time the goalie on your side lets in softies in OT twice.

Add to that 109 blocked shots in 5 games, and that means the Hawks have been averaging over 60 shot attempts a game during this series.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 22, 2012 -> 11:13 PM)
In your opinion.

In alot of people's opinions. The Hawks havent been outplayed, they've been outhit and outscored in OT. They are holding Phoenix to low shot totals and are firing away at Smith. Smith>Crawford.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 09:23 AM)
In alot of people's opinions. The Hawks havent been outplayed, they've been outhit and outscored in OT. They are holding Phoenix to low shot totals and are firing away at Smith. Smith>Crawford.

There aren't enough >'s for that statement.