2011-2012 NHL Thread

Claude Giroux suspended for game 5 for a elbow to the head of Zubrus last night. That's right, a superstar with no history got suspended for an elimination game even though the hit resulted in no injury. The backlash to the Shea Weber punishment (or lack thereof) continues.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 8, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
I guess that means he can speak French.

He's answered some questions in press conferences before in French after some of those series vs the Canucks. He struggles a bit, but gets it done.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 8, 2012 -> 06:24 PM)
He's answered some questions in press conferences before in French after some of those series vs the Canucks. He struggles a bit, but gets it done.

Seriously, those people up there are f***ing lunatics.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 8, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)
They fired the wrong guy. Zero confidence in the leadership of this team moving forward. Just idiotic.

Who did you want? Kitchen or Q?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 8, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)
As I'm sure everyone predicted, the red-hot Flyers go down weakly to New Jersey 4 games to one. Check out the major Fail by Ilya Bryzgalov.

It's ok, he only has 8 years left on his contract.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 8, 2012 -> 08:44 PM)
Who did you want? Kitchen or Q?

Well, both would be fine. But Kitchen goes before Haviland, that's not even a question.

Re: Bryz...team was toast after that. However, why in the f*** are you playing the puck back to your goalie? That's a brutal idea. This isn't Xbox.

They fired the wrong guy. Zero confidence in the leadership of this team moving forward. Just idiotic.

Agreed 100% Just idiotic. Hell, he was the guy who coached the Hawks PK during their Stanley Cup run before Q (for whatever reason) hired Kitchen to coach the PK/defense. Hell, Havy was the one who helped develop alot of the Hawks players (some still there, some moved on) when he coached Norfolk and Rockford.

Adam Jahns(@adamjahns)

Some tidbits: Quenneville and Mike Kitchen are very close; Haviland will get a job elsewhere; and #Blackhawks players adored Haviland.

Their PP was a huge issue all season, he ran the PP. Pretty cut and dry as far as assistant coaches getting fired goes.

Stan Bowman really, really has to go. He has yet to make a move that actually improved things.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2012 -> 10:47 AM)
Improved things from a stanley cup winner? How exactly do you do that?

OK, would you like him to phrase it differently? How about not have them go straight backwards?

A lot of his moves have been brutal.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2012 -> 10:47 AM)
Improved things from a stanley cup winner? How exactly do you do that?

The biggest problem is the Hawks were cap-f***ed after the win. They are still in an awful cap position. I never thought I would say this, but they really missed Soupy this year.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 10, 2012 -> 11:07 AM)
OK, would you like him to phrase it differently? How about not have them go straight backwards?

A lot of his moves have been brutal.

Backwards meaning what? They were one of the most cap strapped teams in recent memory and lost almost everything. They have a pretty rich farm system and a pretty good core in place to contend every year. Not sure how that is straight backwards, to me that means last place with a horrible outlook moving forward which is simply not the case with the Hawks.

In the last 10 years, which cup champion other than Det (clearly) has managed to stay on top and not go backwards? Also which ones have done a better job at staying competitive? Out of the last 10 cup champs I believe only NJ is still alive this year.

the Hawks have been "good" for about 5 years:

2008: 88 points (missed playoffs)

2009: 104 points (Bowman gets job)(4 seed)

2010: 112 points (cup champs)(2nd seed)

2011: 97 points (8 seed)

2012: 101 points (6 seed)

And this is management that we want fired because they are inept?

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 10, 2012 -> 11:15 AM)
The biggest problem is the Hawks were cap-f***ed after the win. They are still in an awful cap position. I never thought I would say this, but they really missed Soupy this year.

I thought they would miss Soupy some, but I figured the multiple players his salary would buy would make up for it. But Brunette was too old & Montador's head fell off. They really need him to get healthy & contribute, because that's $2.75 million per year until 2015. Frolik expanding his playoff success this year would be huge too, although doubtful.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 10, 2012 -> 11:37 AM)
I thought they would miss Soupy some, but I figured the multiple players his salary would buy would make up for it. But Brunette was too old & Montador's head fell off. They really need him to get healthy & contribute, because that's $2.75 million per year until 2015. Frolik expanding his playoff success this year would be huge too, although doubtful.

I figured someone would step up, and it never really happened. The PP was just miserable this year.

Kaner!!!

Kaner was pulling down girls sun glasses and then going "ehhh, not good enough " just straight being a douche right to their faces. Pretty strong move if you can pull it off.

When he walked in I asked him who he thought would win the NYR game (was there with a few other fans).. he was wasted and being a sarcastic dick, could tell he said capitals would win only after looking at my nyr shirt, i asked him what he thought of Henrik Lundqvist and he said sarcastically that hes not that great and hes decent. He was asked by another fan why he was hating on Henrik. Kane asked the Rangers fan if he would suck Henrik's **** and made the motion with his hand at which point i told him there was a reason we (the rangers) were still on TV and he wasn't, he kissed a bottle of beer as if to kiss the stanley cup and i told him to enjoy golfing and left.