2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2012 -> 10:47 AM)
Improved things from a stanley cup winner? How exactly do you do that?

Wow, you're clueless. How about having just one addition contribute in a meaningful way? There's not a single post-Tallon player who contributes here.

Edited by Steve9347

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 10, 2012 -> 01:47 PM)
Wow, you're clueless. How about having just one addition contribute in a meaningful way? There's not a single post-Tallon player who contributes here.

Wow thats informative. Thanks for your contribution.

Heres some actual information:

As far as players that will contribute, Stan's biggest push has been towards building a farm system for this team, his draft picks have been pretty damn good. In the 2011 draft alone he took 2 players that CONTRIBUTED for the blackhawks this season in Saad and Andrew Shaw. AS far as team contributions over the years that he has brought in via trade after being forced to unload half the roster after the cup, you have Leddy, Boynton, Stalberg, Morin, Hayes, Frolik, Campoli (for a short time), Oduya.

His free agent signings havent been world beaters, but he accumulated draft picks to fill in the spots around the core he resigned after the cup while still staying competitive within the conference and the division. Once again, who is doing a better job at this at the moment, especially after having to dump half their team after WINNING a cup? I fully expect the extra few picks per year they've been taking since he took over to pay off in the next few years while the core is still signed to the roster. I think its pretty hilarious we are faulting mgmt for forcing us to watch a playoff contender while they continue to rebuild from within.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2012 -> 04:18 PM)
Wow thats informative. Thanks for your contribution.

Heres some actual information:

As far as players that will contribute, Stan's biggest push has been towards building a farm system for this team, his draft picks have been pretty damn good. In the 2011 draft alone he took 2 players that CONTRIBUTED for the blackhawks this season in Saad and Andrew Shaw. AS far as team contributions over the years that he has brought in via trade after being forced to unload half the roster after the cup, you have Leddy, Boynton, Stalberg, Morin, Hayes, Frolik, Campoli (for a short time), Oduya.

His free agent signings havent been world beaters, but he accumulated draft picks to fill in the spots around the core he resigned after the cup while still staying competitive within the conference and the division. Once again, who is doing a better job at this at the moment, especially after having to dump half their team after WINNING a cup? I fully expect the extra few picks per year they've been taking since he took over to pay off in the next few years while the core is still signed to the roster. I think its pretty hilarious we are faulting mgmt for forcing us to watch a playoff contender while they continue to rebuild from within.

Yup, teams coming off of Cups should worry about stocking the farm and not an extended run with proven NHL stars that dominated to the 2010 Stanley Cup.

Again. Clueless.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 10, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
Yup, teams coming off of Cups should worry about stocking the farm and not an extended run with proven NHL stars that dominated to the 2010 Stanley Cup.

Again. Clueless.

Again, give me some examples smart guy. Which guys could they have made an extended run with under the cap? Please paint us your pretty picture.

You lurked in here so long I thought you were putting something together.

Its been two seasons since we've won the cup, so lets take a look at some recent cup winners and what they did the two seasons after winning:

Avs, 99 and 105 points

Wings, 110, 109

NJ 100, 101

TB 92, 93

Car 88, 92

Ducks 102, 91

Det 112, 102

PIT, 101, 106

Chi 97, 101

Again, not exactly "backwards" especially with our cap issues. The best teams in the list are Det, and happens to be the same family/philosophy that the Hawks have had in place for now only 3 years.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (lord chas @ May 10, 2012 -> 08:37 PM)
Kane needs to go he is a Big Ben type incident away from getting himself in serious trouble

1. Dont you mean a Starlin Castro-type incident since his was most recent. Aka any athlete who f***s a whore and she has serious remorse. Look what it did to his career too....

2. You are also assuming the anonymous comments sent into deadspin from Wisconsin students who were completely blacked out at a college party are accurate about the actions of a celeb that apparently they ALL saw up close.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2012 -> 04:18 PM)
In the 2011 draft alone he took 2 players that CONTRIBUTED for the blackhawks this season in Saad and Andrew Shaw.

It's been reported that it was actually Bergevin (director of scouting at the time) who pleaded with Stan to take Shaw. Bergevin just got hired as the Habs GM.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
1. Dont you mean a Starlin Castro-type incident since his was most recent. Aka any athlete who f***s a whore and she has serious remorse. Look what it did to his career too....

2. You are also assuming the anonymous comments sent into deadspin from Wisconsin students who were completely blacked out at a college party are accurate about the actions of a celeb that apparently they ALL saw up close.

I'm with you Rock. I know I posted some of the comments, but I did it more for comedic value. Until there are any legal issues & police involved, I'm not gonna get worried about what the kid is doing on his summer vacation or about what a bunch of anonymous drunk college kids report they claim to see.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 11, 2012 -> 07:13 AM)
I'm with you Rock. I know I posted some of the comments, but I did it more for comedic value. Until there are any legal issues & police involved, I'm not gonna get worried about what the kid is doing on his summer vacation or about what a bunch of anonymous drunk college kids report they claim to see.

Its only a matter of time.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 11, 2012 -> 11:47 AM)
How many years did your parents say that about you? Took me till my late twenties.

The big difference between the three of us is that people actually care about what Patrick Kane does. He has been heading downhill for years now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2012 -> 11:49 AM)
The big difference between the three of us is that people actually care about what Patrick Kane does. He has been heading downhill for years now.

Maybe so but getting drunk at a house/street party in your early 20's doesnt scream "heading downhill" to me. You have some stories sent into deadspin claiming some celeb did something that EVERYONE saw and could remember clear enough to be an eye witness. Of course there arent any pictures or vids of the horrific acts that they claimed which is funny because nobody has phones with that kind of technology these days...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)

Yes, another older family man who probably doesnt remember his 20's. Good perspective

Wait he attended Lewis university, so he probably didnt have much fun in his 20's.

Edited by RockRaines