Daniel Hudson just bent KW over and violated him.

Jordan4life_2007

I hate to say it. But if we were going to lose, this is what I would've preferred. A 10-8 slugfest wouldn't have sufficed. This was sweet poetic justice and caps what was an embarrassingly, short-sighted, joke of a trade. Edwin was alright. He was pretty much routine: start slow, look good for a few innings, then ultimately have to leave the game because his command is always horses***. 112 pitches in 6 1/3 IP. That's too much. It's like when Iverson would need 30 shots to get 30 points. How often does Edwin get up on a guy 0-2 then ultimately have to throw 4-6 more pitches just to finish him off? He's so maddening. As for the offense, other than PK, wow. July is right around the corner and we have SIX, yes, SIX blackholes in the everyday lineup. Teams like Boston and Tampa started out really slow, especially offensively. You see how they've recovered. This is just a really bad organization right now. And the future looks as bleak as it has, for me at least, since 1995.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:24 AM)
I hate to say it. But if we were going to lose, this is what I would've preferred. A 10-8 slugfest wouldn't have sufficed. This was sweet poetic justice and caps what was an embarrassingly, short-sighted, joke of a trade. Edwin was alright. He was pretty much routine: start slow, look good for a few innings, then ultimately have to leave the game because his command is always horses***. 112 pitches in 6 1/3 IP. That's too much. It's like when Iverson would need 30 shots to get 30 points. How often does Edwin get up on a guy 0-2 then ultimately have to throw 4-6 more pitches just to finish him off? He's so maddening. As for the offense, other than PK, wow. July is right around the corner and we have SIX, yes, SIX blackholes in the everyday lineup. Teams like Boston and Tampa started out really slow, especially offensively. You see how they've recovered. This is just a really bad organization right now. And the future looks as bleak as it has, for me at least, since 1995.

Wait till we trade Viciedo for that stellar speedy vet or that reliever that will push us over the top. Prospect never win games, all in.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 05:24 AM)

Two comments. The first is simple. The Sox are not a good team. This is not even a .500 team. .500 is its upside.

2.). You just could tell by his demeanor that Hudson knew he had the stuff to do what he did tonight to his old team. He did violate KW and the White Sox. It was sooo easy for Hudson.

Even at the plate, Hudson was a threat, much more a threat than that piece of s*** Rios at the plate.

I was just waiting for Hudson to thrust his head back and give a good belly laugh after mowing down the Sox.

The Sox were totally overmatched vs. Hudson.

Good trade, KW.

Edited by greg775

If you look at it from an economic view the trade was bad. You could still have Hudson while Jackson could be gone next season. On the other side of the fence, Diamond backs fans are never at ease with Hudson on the mound because he gets rocked early.

I must admit it was funny watching Hudson crush that ball.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)
Two comments. The first is simple. The Sox are not a good team. This is not even a .500 team. .500 is its upside.

2.). You just could tell by his demeanor that Hudson knew he had the stuff to do what he did tonight to his old team. He did violate KW and the White Sox. It was sooo easy for Hudson.

Even at the plate, Hudson was a threat, much more a threat than that piece of s*** Rios at the plate.

I was just waiting for Hudson to thrust his head back and give a good belly laugh after mowing down the Sox.

The Sox were totally overmatched vs. Hudson.

Good trade, KW.

I can't even begin to describe the hate I have for Rios right now. Between him and Pierre...and throw Beckham in there as well...good god. As for the Hudson topic...not to throw salt on the wound...but David Holmberg (throw in with Hudson trade) has been lights out lately for them in South Bend. Something like 27 straight scoreless innings. Their scouts are raving about him right now.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 03:03 AM)
I can't even begin to describe the hate I have for Rios right now. Between him and Pierre...and throw Beckham in there as well...good god. As for the Hudson topic...not to throw salt on the wound...but David Holmberg (throw in with Hudson trade) has been lights out lately for them in South Bend. Something like 27 straight scoreless innings. Their scouts are raving about him right now.

KW has simply been a joke since the winter of '07. He's set this franchise back a good five years, IMO. You just knew his recklessness would come back to bite us in the ass at some point. The farm is not just supposed to be develop, build up their value, trade for old or expensive veteran whenever the chance arises.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:16 AM)
KW has simply been a joke since the winter of '07. He's set this franchise back a good five years, IMO. You just knew his recklessness would come back to bite us in the ass at some point. The farm is not just supposed to be develop, build up their value, trade for old or expensive veteran whenever the chance arises.

This team has been stagnant for the past 4 years...it's really time to make some sort of change. KWs attempts have failed on all levels. Ozzie is more of a roadshow anymore. There HAS to be a change soon...some sort of shakeup. But no...it's always status quo. I'm beginning to throw Jerry in the mix of people I'm really starting to get sick of...DO SOMETHING you old f***!

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 03:44 AM)
This team has been stagnant for the past 4 years...it's really time to make some sort of change. KWs attempts have failed on all levels. Ozzie is more of a roadshow anymore. There HAS to be a change soon...some sort of shakeup. But no...it's always status quo. I'm beginning to throw Jerry in the mix of people I'm really starting to get sick of...DO SOMETHING you old f***!

This is going to sound REALLY cold. But Jerry is 75. He's not going to be around, whether it be baseball or life in general, much longer (no, I don't want him to die). A new era of White Sox baseball is coming. I'm looking forward to it.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 03:58 AM)
WTF.

What kind of horses*** is this thread?

Take your hate and post on ESPN where no one cares about posting quality.

lol. Are you honestly going to tell me that of all the threads that have been created here over the last year or so that this is the worst? I understand that I'm the new standard when it comes to negativity and pessimism. Therefore I'm looked at differently. I've gotten multiple nasty PMs over the last few weeks of posters tellin' me that I'm an asshole and that I can go "f*** myself" and I just let it ride. I'm not even going to say who sent them. I don't roll that way. It just bounces off of me. I will always speak my mind. Long as I don't cross that 'line.'

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)
This is going to sound REALLY cold. But Jerry is 75. He's not going to be around, whether it be baseball or life in general, much longer (no, I don't want him to die). A new era of White Sox baseball is coming. I'm looking forward to it.

In one way, you are right but the problem is this....despite what you think of Reinsdorf, the one huge benefit of his ownership is the fact that the Sox have a very low cost basis ($21 millon), so the team has very little debt to to deal with. It's like owning a house free and clear vs having a huge morgage payment every month.

Once the Sox are sold their cost basis jumps to about $526 million (according to Forbes). Thus in all likliehood, the debt service that the new owners will have will be yet another burden on the new ownership, in addition to all of the other baggage that will come with owning this team (so-so stadium, mediocre attendance, crappy organization).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 06:24 AM)

Teams like Boston and Tampa have GMs that know what the **** they are doing.

WTF.

He made a legitimate point. He sort of rehashed the Hudson/Jackson stuff, but mostly made a point about the White Sox organization in general. I don't see a problem with anything he's done.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 03:22 AM)
lol. Are you honestly going to tell me that of all the threads that have been created here over the last year or so that this is the worst? I understand that I'm the new standard when it comes to negativity and pessimism. Therefore I'm looked at differently. I've gotten multiple nasty PMs over the last few weeks of posters tellin' me that I'm an asshole and that I can go "f*** myself" and I just let it ride. I'm not even going to say who sent them. I don't roll that way. It just bounces off of me. I will always speak my mind. Long as I don't cross that 'line.'

Oh, you're so persecuted! How do you find the strength to carry on? Give me a break...you are such a drama queen.

There are too many people here that just don't get the severity of the situation and can't handle good old fashioned honesty and reality. Don't let it bother you.

Oh, you're so persecuted! How do you find the strength to carry on? Give me a break...you are such a drama queen.

Good job refuting his point. The irony in your post is a bit funny. Ignoring a person's point and attacking them personally makes you look bad. If you're gonna insult someone... at least attach something intelligent to it! :lolhitting

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 07:44 AM)
There are too many people here that just don't get the severity of the situation and can't handle good old fashioned honesty and reality. Don't let it bother you.

Good job refuting his point. The irony in your post is a bit funny. Ignoring a person's point and attacking them personally makes you look bad. If you're gonna insult someone... at least attach something intelligent to it! :lolhitting

Severity of the situation? You can't be serious but it seems like you are.

It's a game

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 06:44 AM)

Why change the tone of the thread?

Kirk Gibson on Quentin: "He's got outstanding abilities really in everything he does," Gibson said. "Probably his running is his weakest. He's an average runner, but you throw it in there, and he's going to whack it. He's a really good offensive player, a good outfielder. He's always had a good arm."

"I loved Edwin," Gibson said. "He's very competitive. He's got great stuff, good human being, good teammate, very enthusiastic person, fun to be around."

But Gibson respects what the organization did in acquiring pieces for the future and is pleased that Jackson has panned out in Chicago and that his trade counterpart, Daniel Hudson, is fitting in nicely with the Diamondbacks.

"The reality is you want it to be good for both sides because you might want to do business again," Gibson said. "That's the way I look at it. It turned out good for both clubs, it's good for baseball, and it's good for the future."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbac...l#ixzz1PdMcoosS

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 05:59 AM)

Yeah, that's exactly what I was trying to do. Get Soxtalk to feel sorry for me. Maybe you all will go out and send money to my favorite charity now (send it to www.Jordan4lifeneedsmoreforties.com). I'm held to a different standard and it's obvious. I've created, what, three threads all year? The JP "you are terrible thread." The thread after the debacle that was the A's loss last week. And this one. I'm not creating negative threads every day. And for a respected administrator like Knight to act like this is the worst thread of the year and go to the f***ing ESPN board when there's multiple ridiculous threads made every day, yes, I think what's going on is rather clear.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:24 AM)

I finally will just f***ing say it. You were right.

WTF.

That's not really a comment becoming of a mod, J. J4L has been against this trade forever, it's looking worse and worse by the day, and last night was teh very definition of why this trade was bad.

Even the opposing team said the trade worked for both teams. That's not good enough. SMH. You want to develop players, but fail to realize Beckham is a big fat bust. Morel is mediocre offensively and the last guy we ever developed in the field was Carlos Lee under a different hitting coach.

The coaches are the problem. The GM got the team the horses to compete.

Hudson beats us weith a magnificent CG three hitter and the Sox loser is the guy we traded him for! What further indignity ca this team expect? We get no-hit, bunt into a triple play, see our big stud HR hitter acquisition bat .175 with bunches of strike outs and just a handful of homers, watch so many opposing players get their first win or first homer or first walk off win against us and on and on.

And after all this we are only 5 1/2 out. Positive thing is we have been getting all the kinks out and can only go up. Right fans? :bang :bringit