Daniel Hudson just bent KW over and violated him.

Jordan4life_2007

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 05:21 AM)
In one way, you are right but the problem is this....despite what you think of Reinsdorf, the one huge benefit of his ownership is the fact that the Sox have a very low cost basis ($21 millon), so the team has very little debt to to deal with. It's like owning a house free and clear vs having a huge morgage payment every month.

Once the Sox are sold their cost basis jumps to about $526 million (according to Forbes). Thus in all likliehood, the debt service that the new owners will have will be yet another burden on the new ownership, in addition to all of the other baggage that will come with owning this team (so-so stadium, mediocre attendance, crappy organization).

Not sure I'm following you here...isn't Jerry just a controlling partner in a group of investors? I highly doubt the team would be sold upon his death.

What did J4L do that was so bad? I'll admitt it- I used to come on this board and post left and right, whether it was threads or posts inside of others' threads. F***, I was the "THIS.TEAM.IS.DEAD" guy. I believe this is called a forum, or a message board. I don't think anything J4L did was wrong nor should any mod or admin try to make it out to be.

Everything he said was the truth. Jackson throws a s*** ton of pitches, Hudson will be a good starter one day (he is probably "good" already, actually), KW sucks, etc.

I think we are all in agreement that eventually, KW and probably Ozzie need to go. Ozzie's b****ing to the media to take the pressure off of his players has gotten old. KW's "need" to trade every young player away has gotten old. Imagine if Ben Revere was in the Sox organization and got called up. He'd probably be a .180 hitter. Instead, he's in a system where he developed and now he's making plays both at the plate and in the field.

Then again, he probably would've never been called up because KW would've traded him a long time ago for a RP who has the talent of f***ing Tony Pena.

And for the record, Gordon Beckham sucks. I remember when teams stopped throwing him fastballs because that's all he could hit. Now, he's getting 92-94 mph heaters right down the plate, and instead of taking a level swing and taking it down the RF line for a double, he's taking cuts in an attempt to hit the Dan Ryan with the f***ing ball. Makes me sick. Only an organization like the Sox could f*** him up. It's hindsight of course, but does anyone think he'd suck this much if he was with Philadelphia, Texas, Anaheim, Minnesota, even KC?

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
Even the opposing team said the trade worked for both teams. That's not good enough. SMH. You want to develop players, but fail to realize Beckham is a big fat bust. Morel is mediocre offensively and the last guy we ever developed in the field was Carlos Lee under a different hitting coach.

The coaches are the problem. The GM got the team the horses to compete.

I would actually love to hear an explanation how this trade worked out for both teams.

For the record, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this thread, it's 100 percent accurate.

I really don't have anything against Jackson, but the question of last year's trade was basically...why the hell did you have to give up Daniel Hudson AND David Holmberg for Edwin Jackson and his 5.5 ERA at the time?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
I would actually love to hear an explanation how this trade worked out for both teams.

For the record, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this thread, it's 100 percent accurate.

The Diamondbacks got rid of a contract they didn't need and loaded up on young pitching.

The White Sox got 2 months of a great performance towards a pennant race that they convinced themselves they were in.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)
This is going to sound REALLY cold. But Jerry is 75. He's not going to be around, whether it be baseball or life in general, much longer (no, I don't want him to die). A new era of White Sox baseball is coming. I'm looking forward to it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
Severity of the situation? You can't be serious but it seems like you are.

It's a game

1.) Ugg. The Jerry post was not good. I thought that was what he told you to take to ESPN not the entire thread. Bad post. Lay off Jerry being old. I mean my god let's hope we all live to 95 if we are healthy.

2.) It is just a game. I need to try to remember that. This team embodies things I hate and I have to get over it. I hate teams that never have comeback victories, allow a lot of walkoffs and/or comebacks themselves and get shut out a ton. Problem is I'm a Sox fan so it's tough to turn off the TV/internet.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 06:14 PM)
I think the list of prospects who came up for Texas, KC, Anaheim, and busted is as long as can be. If not, I'll trade you Brandon Wood, Chris Davis, and Angel Berroa for Beckham right now.

No thanks! I am happy to keep Beckham

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 01:14 PM)
I think the list of prospects who came up for Texas, KC, Anaheim, and busted is as long as can be. If not, I'll trade you Brandon Wood, Chris Davis, and Angel Berroa for Beckham right now.

Trade me Hosmer, Smoak, and Moustakas for Beckham then.

(I admitt I jumped the gun with Anaheim)

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
1.) Ugg. The Jerry post was not good. I thought that was what he told you to take to ESPN not the entire thread. Bad post. Lay off Jerry being old. I mean my god let's hope we all live to 95 if we are healthy.

That was part of it.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
Not sure I'm following you here...isn't Jerry just a controlling partner in a group of investors? I highly doubt the team would be sold upon his death.

As I understand it, he doesn't even own the largest individual share of the team.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
I really don't have anything against Jackson, but the question of last year's trade was basically...why the hell did you have to give up Daniel Hudson AND David Holmberg for Edwin Jackson and his 5.5 ERA at the time?

The question that baffles me still a year later is why trade him for another starting pitcher when offense was much more of the problem.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 08:57 PM)
The question that baffles me still a year later is why trade him for another starting pitcher when offense was much more of the problem.

It was a ridiculous trade. He should lose his job over that trade. Bad bad trade.

Severity of the situation? You can't be serious but it seems like you are.

It's a game

AH it's just a game so when something seriously dumb is going on let's ignore it completely? I have to ask if YOU'RE serious, Balta. People argue tooth and nail and the second they have to realize they could be mistaken... "it's just a game." ALways with the cop-outs at some point.

[/b]

Why change the tone of the thread?

Don't see how I'm doing that. I'm responding to a similar reply.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 06:00 PM)
AH it's just a game so when something seriously dumb is going on let's ignore it completely? I have to ask if YOU'RE serious, Balta.

Don't see how I'm doing that. I'm responding to a similar reply.

You missed the point. I was mocking the idea that somehow this was an intelligent thread from the beginning.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
As I understand it, he doesn't even own the largest individual share of the team.

Did not know that. Who's the biggest shareholder?

You missed the point. I was mocking the idea that somehow this was an intelligent thread from the beginning.

So something has to be a new discovery to be "intelligent?" Simply being true isn't good enough?

If you really think about it, it's White Sox fans that are being mocked by this "All In" campaign.

The reality is there was really very little choice for ownership, was there? KW put himself in this position of desperation.

Fans on both sides of Chicago really aren't buying the product anymore. Give Cubs' fans and random grandmothers from Cedar Rapids and Des Moines credit for being more discerning about their discretionary spending.

I'll give credit for KW TRYING last year with Jackson and Manny. Obviously, it just didn't work.

What I won't tolerate is trading Viciedo for anyone over 30 years old. Unless they're planning to sell the White Sox, Viciedo now is the brighest hope for this team having a future offensively. If it's not going to be Beckham and Sale flops as a starter, Viciedo has to be another Bobby Bonilla or we're doomed.

To have a team that's 100% healthy (except for Peavy) and not make any real changes for almost half a season...that's a bit disconcerting and a pretty good reason why even Friday or Sunday home games in the heart of the summertime are only drawing 20-25,000. And good luck enticing any but the most morbid fans to come out and watch the Sox lose to the Twins.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)
Fans on both sides of Chicago really aren't buying the product anymore. Give Cubs' fans and discerning grandmothers from Cedar Rapids and Des Moines credit for being more discerning about their discretionary spending.

Why, because only 35,545 are showing up per game there?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)
Are those actual numbers or tickets sold?

Because they're still 15-20% off what they've been historically drawing over the last decade or so.

Those are the tickets sold.

They're absolutely off of capacity. They're only at 86.4% full. How horrid.

The sox are at 56% of capacity and are down what, 50% from where they were a couple years ago?

And don't give me "people didn't show up" to cubs games either, there's been a ton of that at the Cell this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 06:48 PM)
Those are the tickets sold.

They're absolutely off of capacity. They're only at 86.4% full. How horrid.

The sox are at 56% of capacity and are down what, 50% from where they were a couple years ago?

And don't give me "people didn't show up" to cubs games either, there's been a ton of that at the Cell this year.

They were 7th in 2008, 6th in 2009 and 7th in 2010 in attendance.

So down to 10th overall is a pretty significant dropoff.

Psychologically, it has never been easier to get a Cubs ticket for face value or less than face value, correct? I don't live in Chicago or use stubhub...and I'm not saying the Cubs are suffering to the same extent the Sox are, but their magical appeal is eroding a bit, there's no arguing that. The sad thing is we're not doing anything to take advantage of the void and reassert ourselves.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)
Yeah, that's exactly what I was trying to do. Get Soxtalk to feel sorry for me. Maybe you all will go out and send money to my favorite charity now (send it to www.Jordan4lifeneedsmoreforties.com). I'm held to a different standard and it's obvious. I've created, what, three threads all year? The JP "you are terrible thread." The thread after the debacle that was the A's loss last week. And this one. I'm not creating negative threads every day. And for a respected administrator like Knight to act like this is the worst thread of the year and go to the f***ing ESPN board when there's multiple ridiculous threads made every day, yes, I think what's going on is rather clear.

Do you notice how much you talk about yourself and your posting here? Even when you're in a good mood you talk about how negative you are. You point out when other people are crazy enough to even be more negative than you, and how much that surprises you.

You post here often. You are the Skip Bayless of Soxtalk. Trust me, you don't need to discuss your own posting style and the reactions to it. And yet you constantly do.